Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why is there no "Respecilization"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why is there no "Respecilization"?

Oteefo's Avatar


Oteefo
06.23.2013 , 12:10 PM | #1
That is.....being able to switch "Scoundrel" for "Gunslinger", "Vanguard" for "Commando", etc. ?

Or have I missed this someplace?
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa

Gidrea's Avatar


Gidrea
06.23.2013 , 12:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Oteefo View Post
That is.....being able to switch "Scoundrel" for "Gunslinger", "Vanguard" for "Commando", etc. ?

Or have I missed this someplace?
You're not missing it, it has never existed. That's why the trainer tells you it forever changes your destiny, and that once you start down that path, etc... and the pop up window tells you it' permanent, too.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Mädison / Sweetpeä / Randava / Lexä - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Control - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

Skodan's Avatar


Skodan
06.23.2013 , 01:40 PM | #3
Didnt miss it at all, its not in the game.

The Devs have stated that choosing your class is an important aspect of the game, and each Advanced Class acts as a different class (with shared abilities between the ACs).

So while you can respec your skills within the Advanced Class and rearranging your skills in separate trees, you cannot change your advanced class
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Oteefo's Avatar


Oteefo
06.23.2013 , 04:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Skodan View Post
Didnt miss it at all, its not in the game.

The Devs have stated that choosing your class is an important aspect of the game, and each Advanced Class acts as a different class (with shared abilities between the ACs).

So while you can respec your skills within the Advanced Class and rearranging your skills in separate trees, you cannot change your advanced class
It's an interesting contrast to the "respec" system in Galaxies.....where you could change professions but never species/race.
SW:TOR: The K'vos Legacy (Canderous Ordo)
SW:G : Oteefo / Axox / Voosrik / Oov Irfiis (Tempest - Valcyn - Radiant - Flurry)
Xbox: Paddayappa

Skodan's Avatar


Skodan
06.23.2013 , 05:23 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Oteefo View Post
It's an interesting contrast to the "respec" system in Galaxies.....where you could change professions but never species/race.
indeed. it was different though because in swg you could only have a couple characters per server and swg didnt have class specific storylines. i think i changed classes a lot due to not having a lot of character slots.

here i just create lots of alts
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds