Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The absolute BEST SW ep7 news to date...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The absolute BEST SW ep7 news to date...

mefit's Avatar


mefit
06.23.2013 , 11:17 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
TheBBP is correct.

George did sit down with Kathleen Kennedy and others to lay down the "rule book" of Star Wars. J.J. was NOT in attendance. He was still wrapping up "Star Trek into Darkness." Then again, he wasn't needed. J.J. will probably follow the "rule book", but there are no guarantees. This was supplied by THIS article, previously posted by TheBBP.

Even so, he’s attended story meetings for the new film, adjudicating the physical laws and attributes of the Star Wars universe. “I mostly say, ‘You can’t do this. You can do that,’ ” Lucas says. “You know, ‘The cars don’t have wheels. They fly with antigravity.’ There’s a million little pieces. Or I can say, ‘He doesn’t have the power to do that, or he has to do this.’ I know all that stuff.”

""Iger understood Lucas’s concerns. “George said to me once that when he dies, it’s going to say ‘Star Wars creator George Lucas,’ ” he says. Still, Iger wanted to make sure that Lucas, who was used to controlling every aspect of Star Wars, from set design to lunchboxes, understood thatDisney, not Lucasfilm, would have final say over any future movies“We needed to have an understanding that if we acquire the company, despite tons of collegial conversations and collaboration, at the end of the day, we have to be the ones who sign off on whatever the plans are,” says Alan Horn, chairman of Walt Disney Studios.""

March 07 2013 Article Provided by poster TheBBP

"While director J.J. Abrams is hard at work on Star Wars: Episode VII, we haven't heard much on the project from George Lucas, who's serving as "creative consultant" on the picture. In fact, it sounds like the Star Wars creator hasn't even spoken to Abrams yet about the film."
""IGN June 18th 2013""


"Just after winning his Daytime Emmy for The Clone Wars, Lucas revealed to Access Hollywood, "I have not spoken to J.J. He's been busy with Star Trek, and I'm sure that he'll let me know when he's got some questions. So, you know, that's all going well. [Lucasfilm's] Kathy [Kennedy] tells me it's working out great."
Same article Lucas words underlined and Bolded


This was on June 18th 2013
Both come from the Article supplied by the OP


Believe what you want , Its no concern of mine .
But the truth is in how in the end he has literally no control over said movies but I guess if you want to completely ignore everything of reason just to read out that Consulting part than go ahead and be my quest .
The Rule Book is not really a Rule book , its a lay out of how things are . But in the end it is up to Disney to follow them ................as said in the same Article added by TheBBP.


Consulting Definition
''

con·sult·ing

/kənˈsəltiNG/

Adjective
(of a senior person in a professional or technical field) Engaged in the business of giving advice to others in the same field.

Noun
The business of giving specialist advice to other professionals, typically in financial and business matters.

Synonyms
advisory ""

Advisor Definition

"adviser: an expert who gives advice"

Advice Definition

1.Guidance or recommendations concerning prudent future action, typically given by someone regarded as knowledgeable or authoritative.
2.Information; news.



The Point of the OP was trying to make is the literally little to do with this so far as Lucas has taken .
How do you get that he has some kinda real say , is beyond me . My last reply , TheBBP I see your point , due to the guy pulling speculation out the air , this is my last reply to this thread . Good Luck with the ends .

Edit: Disney only asked him to fill this roll because they want to maintain the StarWars theme as is . It was a position given to him not that he asked for .
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
06.23.2013 , 11:37 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
Believe what you want , Its no concern of mine , the story isn't even finished yet so how can he really consult on anything ..............

But the truth is in how in the end he has literally no control over said movies but I guess if you want to completely ignore everything of reason just to read out that Consulting part than go ahead and be my quest .

How do you get that he has some kinda real say , is beyond me . My last reply , TheBBP I see your point , due to the guy pulling speculation out the air , this is my last reply to this thread . Good Luck with the ends .

Edit: Disney only asked him to fill this roll because they want to maintain the StarWars theme as is . It was a position given to him not that he asked for .
He is pulling stuff out of the air? What are you doing above? Have they called you to tell you that the story is not ready? They are casting. You can bet that the story is ready. Have they advised you that Lucas' input is not being taken into consideration? Where has anyone said that Disney gave him a consulting job that he did not ask for?

You are arguing that Disney has ultimate say and can toss anything that Lucas says out of the window. That is correct. However, you have also argued that Lucas did not consult. That is incorrect as I have shown you multiple times.

"Reason" suggests that Lucas' consulting does have an impact on what is coming.

ReiKai's Avatar


ReiKai
06.24.2013 , 08:42 AM | #43
Lucas will always be the creator of Star Wars. However I feel what Disney was saying was that, though they may come to him with questions about the SWU itself, it doesn't mean they're going to let him tell them what to do. These films aren't going to be something Lucas can nitpick and twist around with whatever he chooses to get it all His Way. They want to keep him involved. They don't want him thinking he's in charge anymore.

It's like this; Lucas offered his baby up for adoption. Disney adopted the SW baby. Lucas has visiting rights, but Disney decides how the SW baby will grow.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
06.24.2013 , 08:51 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
It's like this; Lucas offered his baby up for adoption. Disney adopted the SW baby. Lucas has visiting rights, but Disney decides how the SW baby will grow.
Nice analogy.

TheBBP's Avatar


TheBBP
06.26.2013 , 04:27 PM | #45
Here is an interesting reaction from Dominic Monaghan. Of course it does not mean anything either way and it is merely just something for the fans to speculate from, but it is an interesting reaction nonetheless.

HERE>

ImmortalLowlife's Avatar


ImmortalLowlife
06.27.2013 , 03:07 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Lucas will always be the creator of Star Wars. However I feel what Disney was saying was that, though they may come to him with questions about the SWU itself, it doesn't mean they're going to let him tell them what to do. These films aren't going to be something Lucas can nitpick and twist around with whatever he chooses to get it all His Way. They want to keep him involved. They don't want him thinking he's in charge anymore.

It's like this; Lucas offered his baby up for adoption. Disney adopted the SW baby. Lucas has visiting rights, but Disney decides how the SW baby will grow.
Couldn't have said it better myself....

& for the record, I actually didn't hate ep 1-3.... I thought they were passable at best. But the books told the stories SOOOOOOO much better.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~IT'S NOT A TRAP!~

ReiKai's Avatar


ReiKai
06.27.2013 , 10:36 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself....

& for the record, I actually didn't hate ep 1-3.... I thought they were passable at best. But the books told the stories SOOOOOOO much better.
The thing there is because Lucas didn't write the books. The writers for the Novels had a bit more freedom since nothing they had to do would end up on a screen in front of a live audience. All Lucas really did for the novels was tell them they had to keep to his lore, but other than that he didn't mind so much what else they put in there so long as it didn't break the story...or put people on a higher level than his characters.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.28.2013 , 07:31 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
The thing there is because Lucas didn't write the books. The writers for the Novels had a bit more freedom since nothing they had to do would end up on a screen in front of a live audience. All Lucas really did for the novels was tell them they had to keep to his lore, but other than that he didn't mind so much what else they put in there so long as it didn't break the story...or put people on a higher level than his characters.
Well he did make edits to them, notable to ROTS.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

thrungolreturns's Avatar


thrungolreturns
06.28.2013 , 02:38 PM | #49
What kinda sucks though is that a bunch of these EU novels y'all are mentioning can become obsolete very quickly with the new movies. Anything on screen overrides anything on the page, unfortunately. I feel like kissing my Dark Horse comics goodbye.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.28.2013 , 03:21 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by thrungolreturns View Post
What kinda sucks though is that a bunch of these EU novels y'all are mentioning can become obsolete very quickly with the new movies. Anything on screen overrides anything on the page, unfortunately. I feel like kissing my Dark Horse comics goodbye.
Well you won't have to kiss them all goodbye, if they are pre-ROTJ.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.