Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Most powerful Sith Lord ever (essential read)

LadyKulvax
06.22.2013 , 11:49 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
We should also point out that Vitiate is only vulnerable in combat because he can only achieve his fullest potential through ritual - but this does not at all diminish him as a Force user. And ultimately, one-on-one, if your caught in that's guys lightning its game over.
Exactly, his full power is through preparation and time I'd also wager a bet that in almost any engagement where he hasn't planned his deck beforehand he gets beaten, the Hero of Tython beats him in combat, in what was a pretty pathetic display of 'mightiness', he nearly got one-shotted in the Dark Temple without even sensing his attacker's move.

Now Marka Ragnos ruled the Sith, LOTS of them for a hundred years sounds pretty powerful right? but he ruled by playing his competition against each other, easy peasy, until he died of old age, the only combat we've ever witnessed is his possession of Tavion, where Katarn's apprentice Jaden Korr makes him look, frankly, amateur hour.

You can be as good a schemer as you like, but if you go for the scheming route you end up risking one-on-one confrontations with people simply far more trained to engage in a fight than yourself and risk death anyway.
"The Empire is war made manifest. That is why it is perfect."
Imperial Order

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 11:51 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, true. Maybe just being bad@ss acts as a shield.

Luke is immune to Force drain?
As far as what I have gathered yes, though waiting on confirmation....of course it wouldn't be that much of a surprise.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

LadyKulvax
06.22.2013 , 11:53 AM | #263
Sidious was also immune to Force Drain, it's actually surprisingly easy to do so apparently, it's pretty much a fancy version of a force barrier.

That and considering that he was black hole of the force and Dark Side Nexus himself, he probably wouldn't be effected.
Imperial Order

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 12:00 PM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Sidious was also immune to Force Drain, it's actually surprisingly easy to do so apparently, it's pretty much a fancy version of a force barrier.

That and considering that he was black hole of the force and Dark Side Nexus himself, he probably wouldn't be effected.
I suppose this is stated somewhere? Novel? Sourcebook?

tunewalker
06.22.2013 , 12:03 PM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ya pretty sure that dark side nexus thing was an observation by Yoda in RotS and not sure possible interpretation of Luke's observation in DE.

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 12:04 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Ya pretty sure that dark side nexus thing was an observation by Yoda in RotS and not sure possible interpretation of Luke's observation in DE.
I was meaning the resistance of Force Drain.

LadyKulvax
06.22.2013 , 12:05 PM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I believe it's in a sourcebook, DE one IIRC.
Imperial Order

Wolfninjajedi
06.22.2013 , 12:06 PM | #268
I believe it's in a sourcebook, DE one IIRC.
Hm, hm.....mmk then.

mefit
06.22.2013 , 12:40 PM | #269
Exactly, his full power is through preparation and time I'd also wager a bet that in almost any engagement where he hasn't planned his deck beforehand he gets beaten, the Hero of Tython beats him in combat, in what was a pretty pathetic display of 'mightiness', he nearly got one-shotted in the Dark Temple without even sensing his attacker's move.

Now Marka Ragnos ruled the Sith, LOTS of them for a hundred years sounds pretty powerful right? but he ruled by playing his competition against each other, easy peasy, until he died of old age, the only combat we've ever witnessed is his possession of Tavion, where Katarn's apprentice Jaden Korr makes him look, frankly, amateur hour.

You can be as good a schemer as you like, but if you go for the scheming route you end up risking one-on-one confrontations with people simply far more trained to engage in a fight than yourself and risk death anyway.
While most powerful should not be something we sit on , it is what you and others have with Sidious , Vader ,......etc .

The Canon is made , no one has to the point of Sidious shown the power of Vitate , so its likely everyone to that point would end up like Revan , a Juice Box .
Marka Ragnos was also Master to Vitate but again this was only in name as the two had literally nothing to do with one another . It was Vitate's power that caught Marka Ragnos's eye .
It was impressive and never seen before and till Sidious canonly never seen again.

Back in Vitate's day the Saber Combat was lesser than it was of the Golden Age , we can speculate that if Vitate lived in the Golden age he would have seen its worth but at the moment he probably seen no use in it .
(We are just now seeing Sidious use Saber Combat more than we ever had , it was thought he also at one time mostly relied on his Force Powers )

Vitate eventually dies or goes away , we as of now can only speculate on how and why .We know it does happen .
Him being beat by the HoT does not diminish his power , not everyone lives for ever and everyone gets beaten sometime .

Now with that said if we went by Canon , Vitate would beat Exar Kun but this does not make it fact because situations happen and not everything is black and white like writing in a Source Book or lore or so on .

We know Vitate took on Meetra and Revan , Scourage seen their deaths and his own . The fight was going to end no matter in Vitate's side .
I would not call none of the three weak or lacking in forceabilities or skills .
Poorly written or not the novel , it is canon .
ForceForesight is not a 100% ability as no one has ever been able to truly change their fates , including Vitate .
Give a Man a Mask and he'll become his true self

LadyKulvax
06.22.2013 , 01:04 PM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
We know Vitate took on Meetra and Revan , Scourage seen their deaths and his own . The fight was going to end no matter in Vitate's side .
Flatly false, it could have happened in any number of ways, but he betrayed them not because he thought they couldn't win, but because he saw an unavoidable future, where the Jedi Knight would knock him off his mantel if the Emperor survived that day.
Imperial Order