Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlrikFassbauer
06.15.2013 , 07:17 AM | #81
Unfortunately, Walmart withdrew from Germany a few years ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
Found another type of flutterplume on the gtn but it was grey, not gilded...
Isn't this in the new "Archon" Cartel Pack ?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

DorkTrooper
06.15.2013 , 07:29 AM | #82
More in-game items tied to out-of-game purchases (SW cards I don't need, cantina events I can't go to, etc, etc). Great. Now how about tying an exclusive pet to 3- or 6- month subscriptions? You know, the people you've been rolling your budget on.

Yeah, didn't think so.

AlixMV
06.17.2013 , 12:53 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
Found another type of flutterplume on the gtn but it was grey, not gilded...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Isn't this in the new "Archon" Cartel Pack ?
Yep, the Ebon-wing Flutterplume is part of the Archon Contraband pack.

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/25/swtor-ar...items-preview/
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Rankyn
06.18.2013 , 12:44 PM | #84
Anybody got a sighting of these things at Target yet?
The people at the one closest to me just sort of gave me blank stares this weekend and with Double XP weekends coming up, it's gonna be about a month before I go outside on the weekend again to try again.

Biermacht
06.20.2013 , 06:38 PM | #85
Anyone spotted any cc cards in Southern California Walmarts?

Screaming_Ziva
06.21.2013 , 02:23 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
As a general rule, we're waiting until we can verify the inventory has made its way through various retailers and gotten onto shelves. We don't want to send y'all to Walmart only for you to discover they aren't there yet.

That being said, Walmart reportedly went live this week, and I understand that we should be appearing in Target 'very soon'.
It's now been two weeks since this 'very soon' post. Anyone have any luck at Target yet? Better yet, what is Bioware's definition of 'very soon'?

DamionSchubert
06.21.2013 , 03:39 PM | #87 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Current Status:

Walmart. Physical cards are available in many Wal*marts. You may want to call ahead, they' apparently sell out very quickly.

Best Buy. You need to find a Best Buy with a Pre-order Kiosk. On that Kiosk, search for "Star Wars Old Republic" and you should see a 2400 cartel coin offering. Print a receipt, take it to the register, and they will print out a code for you. There are no physical cards, but I have verified this works personally.

Gamestop. Similarly, these are also digital-only (i.e. no physical cards). Go to Gamestop and ask the employee to purchase a 'digital-only' reg code for Star Wars: the Old Republic Cartel Coins. They may have to search for their system to find it, but it should be available. They'll print out a code, which you can redeem directly from our website (they used to have a more complicated process, but we've been working with them to simplify it). I've verified that this all works as well.

Target. Not available yet. We'll let you know when there's something to know.
SWTOR Lead Designer

SweetsPatogga
06.21.2013 , 04:19 PM | #88
The Gamestop one seems like the biggest pain in the butt to me. The employees are frequently not well informed about this and some will insist they don't have it. You don't have to deal with this at Walmart because they either have it or they don't since it's a physical card and you can get around ill informed employees at Best Buy with the kiosk but Gamestop depending on your store and the employee you can can be a real challenge and require you to really argue with them.

In the future I would really appreciate physical cards for brick and mortar stores and to have the digital codes be sold online.

It's worth noting that Best Buy originally tried to sell their digital codes on their website and it was a total disaster where they codes weren't being sent and ultimately they had to yank it from being sole on their website.

Rankyn
06.21.2013 , 06:10 PM | #89
You have to have the GameStop people search for some combination of "TOR" "2400" or "Cartel" because if they search for "SWTOR" or "Old Republic" all they'll find are the 60 day time cards.
I'd need to look at my receipt to know for sure, but I think it says "Star Wars TOR 2400 Cartel" on it.

Once I learned that trick, I walk in, tell them exactly what to search for, and walk out with my codes.

Jadza
06.23.2013 , 06:57 PM | #90
How the heck does Gamestop expect to sell them with no physical item in-store? Only informed consumers are even going to know they have it!

Any news on the Crested Orokeet yet? (This is the only reason I checked this post in the first place.)

I checked one of my local Targets and the local Toys R Us and they didn't have any. A Toys R Us employee informed me they wouldn't be carrying any cards associated with PC games anymore and that I would have to look elsewhere for the newer titles. They had remved their remaining stock to the clearance section (although still at full price).

Walmart, however, had tons at the local supercenter. There were at least 7 pegs just full of them! And the salespeople were very helpful. They knew exactly what I was looking for when I asked for it.
Long live the Empire!