Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

amcdoog
06.21.2013 , 07:27 AM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
If you did it today, and not before 2.0, the assassin didn't break cc in this fight. These bosses can't be cced anymore. Your cc just failed because the bosses were immune.
Guess you are right, I was healing so I didn't look to see if they were immune, besides the 2 seconds it took me to cast whirlwind, which I ignored any buffs I saw, assuming we could still cc ( I have not done sm in a while). I just saw the merc mark a cc and the assassin attack that target right away, almost right after the merc casted his skill. I guess we just assumed he broke all our ccs

NoFishing
06.21.2013 , 11:08 AM | #332
Met the most special DPS *ever* in a D7 HM yesterday that I was healing. Was a level 55 sorc with ~17k HP.

It took him about 10 minutes just to enter the FP, even asked us to "resend the invite" because he missed it due to being in combat. When he did enter, he couldn't find the path to get to us, so I had to go back and lead him across the tower we downed. So at this point I know he has never done this, so I explain every single boss mechanic in chat before we pull.

First boss, I notice something odd...a relative lack of purple lightning. So I set my focus target to him to see what he was actually doing.

His entire DPS "rotation" consisted of lightning storm (the expensive AoE) about every 10 to 20 seconds, which he would frequently interrupt before it finished. And wandering around the area. And making sure he bubbled himself any time the debuff wore off. And the *very* occasional lightning strike. His lightning storms would usually land on a single target...and he frequently started one *after* we had exited combat.

On Bulwark, he waited until AFTER the green shield was active before his first attack. He finally did click the panel to remove the shield after it was up for about 20 seconds, and after I had given up and ran in to click it myself. Again, I had explained the shield mechanics, and the whole "cannot damage him with shield up" part, before we pulled. He spent the next minute not doing anything...except refreshing his bubble.

On Interrogator, he would lightning storm the clone...and then just wander around waiting for the next one. And bubble himself.

At one point on Mentor, we were all fighting at the left turret, and I see him diagonally across the room near a power core. It isn't active, there are no mini-turrets there, and he's not being harassed by the claw. He is just slowly wandering around, moving a few steps at a time...not hitting or doing anything.

But he did have a fresh bubble applied.

Darken-Ust
06.21.2013 , 11:38 AM | #333
This thread is so cool.

The stories you read here... I thought it is just things that happens to a few and that I was inmune. But last night, I was votekicked for using a Turbulence, Disturbance and Thelekinetic Throw rotation. Tank said he got all confused "with the so frequent annoying hadoukens", and that I should be playing mortal kombat or something like that.

I had to vote for the more amusing stories here, so here are my personal favorites (in the order I like the most, #1, to 4) One, Two, Three and Four.

Ifolad
06.21.2013 , 11:59 AM | #334
The shadow/sin tank with 40k hp who needs on everything in 55hm fp and says if it weren't for him we would be waiting in que for another tank therefore it's his reward for quing as tank!?!?!?!?

obliminator
06.21.2013 , 12:41 PM | #335
Yesterday, a friend (guardian tank) and I (commando dps) were running story mode Cademimu. The flashpoint itself went well, but the healer (a sage, free-to-play too) rolled need on EVERY. SINGLE. DROP.

We asked him to stop rolling on stuff that he couldn't wear,. He said "okay", and didn't stop.

The wookiee boss dropped a strength piece my friend could make use of, so he and I both rolled need on it. The sage DPS asked why we were rolling need, I said "tank actually needs it and heals won't stop needing. If I get it i'm giving it to the tank." The sage dps needed on it as well.
The healer won the roll. He said he'd give it to the tank, but didn't. Whatever, he's free-to-play, stuff happens. We told him to stop needing on everything. He said "okay" again (but he didn't stop).

He ended up dying on the last boss because he didn't think to run out of the flames, but I threw an occasional Kolto Bomb and we made it through unscathed.

When the boss died, we all thought that since the healer was dead (and died again by aggroing trash on his way back) he wouldn't be able to roll, so we all greeded (it was a cunning drop; none of us had any use for it).

Then the timer kept ticking. And ticking. And with just a few seconds left, the healer rolled Need on it.

That sage won every aim, cunning, and strength item that dropped in the flashpoint.
The Mollis Legacy - Jedi Covenant - <Embrace Eternity>
Ennerva / balance - Deleni / combat medic - Yukuni / defense - Amarylle / saboteur

Sykomyke
06.21.2013 , 01:31 PM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by obliminator View Post
Yesterday, a friend (guardian tank) and I (commando dps) were running story mode Cademimu. The flashpoint itself went well, but the healer (a sage, free-to-play too) rolled need on EVERY. SINGLE. DROP.

We asked him to stop rolling on stuff that he couldn't wear,. He said "okay", and didn't stop.

The wookiee boss dropped a strength piece my friend could make use of, so he and I both rolled need on it. The sage DPS asked why we were rolling need, I said "tank actually needs it and heals won't stop needing. If I get it i'm giving it to the tank." The sage dps needed on it as well.
The healer won the roll. He said he'd give it to the tank, but didn't. Whatever, he's free-to-play, stuff happens. We told him to stop needing on everything. He said "okay" again (but he didn't stop).

He ended up dying on the last boss because he didn't think to run out of the flames, but I threw an occasional Kolto Bomb and we made it through unscathed.

When the boss died, we all thought that since the healer was dead (and died again by aggroing trash on his way back) he wouldn't be able to roll, so we all greeded (it was a cunning drop; none of us had any use for it).

Then the timer kept ticking. And ticking. And with just a few seconds left, the healer rolled Need on it.

That sage won every aim, cunning, and strength item that dropped in the flashpoint.
And you didn't think to kick him the 2nd or 3rd time he did it? Shame on you in this case.

I like to use an adage about gaming in MMO's: "Don't bite the hand that heals for you; but chop off the hand that steals from you."
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

obliminator
06.21.2013 , 10:20 PM | #337
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
And you didn't think to kick him the 2nd or 3rd time he did it? Shame on you in this case.

I like to use an adage about gaming in MMO's: "Don't bite the hand that heals for you; but chop off the hand that steals from you."
...I actually completely forgot kicking was a thing you could do. I guess that makes me one of these "special people", huh? I've only even seen a vote kick when someone disconnected.
...my smug likes to kick people though... but that doesn't count...
The Mollis Legacy - Jedi Covenant - <Embrace Eternity>
Ennerva / balance - Deleni / combat medic - Yukuni / defense - Amarylle / saboteur

ToMyMa
06.22.2013 , 04:35 AM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by Darken-Ust View Post
This thread is so cool.

The stories you read here... I thought it is just things that happens to a few and that I was inmune. But last night, I was votekicked for using a Turbulence, Disturbance and Thelekinetic Throw rotation. Tank said he got all confused "with the so frequent annoying hadoukens", and that I should be playing mortal kombat or something like that.

I had to vote for the more amusing stories here, so here are my personal favorites (in the order I like the most, #1, to 4) One, Two, Three and Four.
Lolwut
Tanvir
Tanvír
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

zzoorrzz
06.22.2013 , 05:01 AM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by obliminator View Post

It was SM, it's entirely possible he didn't know what you mean by "not needing on everything". I hope you tried to make it more clear than that.

Sarielle
06.22.2013 , 07:09 PM | #340
I am addicted to this thread.
Sarie : Self-righteous Seer
| Jung Ma |