Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Down time for Double XP?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

exdeusimperator
06.21.2013 , 09:40 AM | #1
Just wondering, are they going to shut down the servers to start the Double XP weekends? If so, any patch associated with it?

HitokiriAkins
06.21.2013 , 09:42 AM | #2
If I remember correctly, they only did that for the first one, and after that, they just turned double xp on. The update took no more than an hour, though.
Give me a duel autodecline, please!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583230

Kilora
06.21.2013 , 09:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by exdeusimperator View Post
Just wondering, are they going to shut down the servers to start the Double XP weekends? If so, any patch associated with it?
There has not been any downtime announced -- so I highly doubt it will be necessary. Kinda like the gree event was the last time. DXP is all server-side -- no need to update client-side.

Patch 2.2.1 is slated for this upcoming Tuesday, so I doubt we will get anything beforehand, unless an exploit pops up.

caveslug
06.21.2013 , 09:48 AM | #4
It will just come on, no downtime. At least that's what happened last time.
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

exdeusimperator
06.21.2013 , 09:49 AM | #5
Figured they would take the downtime to throw in the patch if there is one. Thanks for the answers though

BadOrb
06.21.2013 , 10:05 AM | #6
Well it hasn't started yet and it was supposed to start 5 mins ago.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

Zeppelin
06.21.2013 , 10:06 AM | #7
I really hope xp gain isn't something that's calculated on the client.
Size matters not!

The first rule about Jar Jar is we don't talk about Jar Jar.

astrobearx
06.21.2013 , 10:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by BadOrb View Post
Well it hasn't started yet and it was supposed to start 5 mins ago.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
huh you are right, it isnt on, so what gives?
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

BadOrb
06.21.2013 , 10:08 AM | #9
Actually I got it wrong ( again ) it starts in just under 2 hours , o well , time to do a few dailys then i guess.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

OddballEasyEight
06.21.2013 , 10:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by exdeusimperator View Post
Figured they would take the downtime to throw in the patch if there is one. Thanks for the answers though
No patch. Its a friday, they dont do patches on fridays unless its an emergency.
The function of double xp has already been installed, they are basically just switching it on (its always there, just not active, just like the gree event)