Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Corrections For The Los Angeles Cantina Flash Drives

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Some Corrections For The Los Angeles Cantina Flash Drives
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KurganNazzir
06.19.2013 , 09:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The other, is in the game in 2.3, but it is a part of the new daily hub reputation not the Bounty Contract Week rep. You can see that armor here. As a note, this armor has changed slightly. The colors are a bit more vibrant and it has some new "attachments," I am going to work on getting an updated screenshot.
That chest piece looks so very painful...
Dark Eclipse
GAF

Soluss
06.19.2013 , 09:20 PM | #12
Hey folks,

This week I learned about some incorrect information that went out on our flash drives which we gave away during the LA Cantina Tour. I wanted to highlight what was incorrect and to provide the correct information, including some updated screenshots with the correct rewards!

The first thing which led to some confusion is that the new event coming around Game Update 2.3 is called Bounty Contract Week, not the Bounty Hunter event. We didn't mean to have the added confusion around implying an event was named after a class. Bruce gave a little bit of information on the event, here.

Now, onto the screenshots! First was some incorrect armor screenshots. There were two new armor sets shown. One of them is not actually present in the game in that color variation which you can see here. The other, is in the game in 2.3, but it is a part of the new daily hub reputation not the Bounty Contract Week rep. You can see that armor here. As a note, this armor has changed slightly. The colors are a bit more vibrant and it has some new "attachments," I am going to work on getting an updated screenshot.

What you will want to see are the new armor sets that are rewards for the Bounty Contract Week Rep! Here they are, reward 1, reward 2.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion.

-eric
Can you comment on if those can be dyed a different color? I actually like the sets but not the colors.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Selethar
06.19.2013 , 10:39 PM | #13
Can you PLEASE stop with the re-skins? Most of that is current armor with bits either removed (set 1 helm) or added (set 1 boots). The new dragon armor is re-skins with flashy bits. When will we see something new?

AshlaBoga
06.19.2013 , 11:00 PM | #14
Removed Brown Daily Set and Blue Daily Zone BoL Set seem very similar to the GSI Daily armour.

Still, I honestly don't care because - SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!! - I finally can have a BoL Nerfboy* Hat!
Ever since the Gree event was announced to have Legacy gear (back before 1.7, so tail end of 1.6) I wished we'd get a Nerfboy hat bound to legacy. And now we do!

*Nerfboys are like Cowboys but x1000 more cool
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

ViciousFett
06.19.2013 , 11:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
Cool though I'd love to see more rewards than just those armor models.

Armor 1

Armor 2

Armor 3

Armor 4

Armor 5

Would all look great as adaptive gear.
That'd be great if newer players got a chance to obtain some of the older armor sets as side objectives.
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - TVC'onefive - Cookėepuss
CE VIP

bowlergirl
06.20.2013 , 02:00 AM | #16
MY IMP CAN FINALLY HAVE THE SMUGGLER HAT!!!!!!!!! (yes, I'm that excited)

Glzmo
06.20.2013 , 02:38 AM | #17
Hey folks,

This week I learned about some incorrect information that went out on our flash drives which we gave away during the LA Cantina Tour. I wanted to highlight what was incorrect and to provide the correct information, including some updated screenshots with the correct rewards!

The first thing which led to some confusion is that the new event coming around Game Update 2.3 is called Bounty Contract Week, not the Bounty Hunter event. We didn't mean to have the added confusion around implying an event was named after a class. Bruce gave a little bit of information on the event, here.

Now, onto the screenshots! First was some incorrect armor screenshots. There were two new armor sets shown. One of them is not actually present in the game in that color variation which you can see here. The other, is in the game in 2.3, but it is a part of the new daily hub reputation not the Bounty Contract Week rep. You can see that armor here. As a note, this armor has changed slightly. The colors are a bit more vibrant and it has some new "attachments," I am going to work on getting an updated screenshot.

What you will want to see are the new armor sets that are rewards for the Bounty Contract Week Rep! Here they are, reward 1, reward 2.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion.

-eric
Wow. Are those sets adaptive? Also bind on legacy? Moddable? I've been waiting for an adaptive cowboy hat for my bounty Hunter forever, and hopefully this will be it.

OddballEasyEight
06.20.2013 , 02:49 AM | #18
Finally! A cowboy hat for bounty hunters! (and others of course, but still)
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

Chickensevil
06.20.2013 , 03:40 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Removed Brown Daily Set and Blue Daily Zone BoL Set seem very similar to the GSI Daily armour.

Still, I honestly don't care because - SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!! - I finally can have a BoL Nerfboy* Hat!
Ever since the Gree event was announced to have Legacy gear (back before 1.7, so tail end of 1.6) I wished we'd get a Nerfboy hat bound to legacy. And now we do!

*Nerfboys are like Cowboys but x1000 more cool
Indeed, I don't care if that isn't a "new" helm... the fact that any class can have a cowboy hat now instead of just smugglers is awesome. Especially since I always thought my BH would look great with one of those :P

I also like the whole armor set for that one, since it is leathery instead of full armor. Finally something I can wear instead of running around in just pants (seriously I am just wearing pants, since I have yet to find something that counts as heavy armor for my BH that isn't heavy armor looking.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

AshlaBoga
06.20.2013 , 03:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Chickensevil View Post
Indeed, I don't care if that isn't a "new" helm... the fact that any class can have a cowboy hat now instead of just smugglers is awesome. Especially since I always thought my BH would look great with one of those :P

I also like the whole armor set for that one, since it is leathery instead of full armor. Finally something I can wear instead of running around in just pants (seriously I am just wearing pants, since I have yet to find something that counts as heavy armor for my BH that isn't heavy armor looking.
NERFboy hat. I love my NERFboy hat.

What's a cow?
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption