Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Hey Look At Me- I'm A Sensational PvP Bug, Fix Me
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Doson
06.20.2013 , 03:05 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
The only real competition now is to see how much you can glitch/exploit/whatver your gear to get max stats/advantage over somebody else. This sytem has just made the gear gap even wider.
This! +
EZ

Morde_
06.20.2013 , 10:07 AM | #272
Keeping this on the front page.
Scold
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
I will also offer to duel your marauder, for any amount of money
Quote: Originally Posted by LegendaryQuan View Post
i dont have cold feet. im just not going to give away $300 walking into an unwinnable situation.
Biggest welch in Bastion history.
carried by jonie

Knite_Gilnorn
06.20.2013 , 10:34 AM | #273
I've been following this for a while now and figured I'd put in my two cents. I'm one of the players that, for the most part, doesn't come onto the forms because most of the time it seems like it's nothing but doom proclaimers and people complaining about things that seem small and/or stupid. This topic however has been something that's been on my mind since its release with naked PvP and has continued to cause strife.

Currently I have seen what you've all been pointing out and it really irks me when i am torn up by someone with pve gear that's not even top tier when I'm in almost full conquer gear with max exp just because they decide to spend thier pve earned credits to abuse an exploit. Most pvpers i know either don't have the credits to throw at sub par pve gear to abuse the system or want to be able to truthfully say they didn't do so when this all (hopefully) gets fixed.

The fact of the mater is that we shouldn't have to feel like we won't be able to preform at our best because we have the best pvp gear. If this was PvE and Partisan gear preformed better then top tier PvE and PvPers were easy moding TFB NiM the fourms would explode with the rage of the PvEers and F2Pers because their hard earned gepar now meant very little, out the F2Pers would have to buy the WZ unlocks to even try and get Partisan. This of course taking into account that there's some wired end game (bolster) handicap for PvE which in and of itself would cause an explosian of PvE rage.might

My issue with bolster doesn't start with the bugs though; it's actually with bolster itself. As a new 55, you don't get a boast to your stats or even a free, low tier PvE set. You either have what you've earned through out you're play time or the lvl 54 stuff you bought from crafters. PvP should be the same way. You should have the option to buy either low tier pvp gear or armoring, mods, ect, with the comms you've earned from pvping while lvling, or buy some low tier pvp gear from crafters (what?! Armor crafters like synthweave and such might gain a use?!). This way new 55s aren't super out geared when they start unless they choose to be, there's no weird handicap at 55 that can be exploited, and earning gear actually means something now.

We don't need bolster Eric; we don't even want it. The best fix would be to follow the K.I.S.S. method, scrap bolster at 55, and just use the gear progression style pve uses that i just laid out. Crafters get something, new 55s have a way to start pvping, and even the devs get to stop wasting time trying to fix a bolster system that didn't need to get thus complicated inthe first place.

It's like choosing to eat soup using a fork tapped to chop sticks glued to a spoon that has a sponge attatched to it that soaks up the soup. Keep It Simple Stupid and just use the spoon.

EricMusco
06.20.2013 , 10:42 AM | #274 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Quick update, here are two changes coming to Bolster in Game Update 2.2.1 which is slated for next Tuesday, 6/25:
  • Expertise again caps appropriately at 2018 instead of 2013. This correction to a rounding error will result in a slight reduction in PvP Damage Boost, PvP Damage Reduction, and PvP Healing Boost for expertise values below 2018.
  • Crafted Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality items are now identified properly and are no longer bolstered more than intended.
I definitely wanted to call attention to the second note as I know it is a bug folks have been looking to have addressed. Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

bsbrad
06.20.2013 , 10:45 AM | #275
Thanks for finally fixing this, although the fix may mean that healers are going to be harder to kill now
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

cashogy_reborn
06.20.2013 , 10:51 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Quick update, here are two changes coming to Bolster in Game Update 2.2.1 which is slated for next Tuesday, 6/25:
  • Expertise again caps appropriately at 2018 instead of 2013. This correction to a rounding error will result in a slight reduction in PvP Damage Boost, PvP Damage Reduction, and PvP Healing Boost for expertise values below 2018.
  • Crafted Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality items are now identified properly and are no longer bolstered more than intended.
I definitely wanted to call attention to the second note as I know it is a bug folks have been looking to have addressed. Thanks!

-eric
will this also address green quality items? ive seen a lot of folks using level 54 green implants/earpiece, and it seems that they are not functioning as intended (theyre giving better stats than PvP implants/earpiece)
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

shednik
06.20.2013 , 10:52 AM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
will this also address green quality items? ive seen a lot of folks using level 54 green implants/earpiece, and it seems that they are not functioning as intended (theyre giving better stats than PvP implants/earpiece)
Those are actually the purple or blues I believe they just come up green on inspection of a player.
Joésta-Slinger | Joestà-Sent | Gîggles-Scoundrel | Pebblés-Sage | Jøesta-Shadow <Super Bads>
Snipeyinz-Sniper | Zabraa-Assassin | Joesta-Jugg
Prophecy of the Five

shednik
06.20.2013 , 10:53 AM | #278
Hey folks,

-eric
Thanks for the update Eric, really appreciated!!
Joésta-Slinger | Joestà-Sent | Gîggles-Scoundrel | Pebblés-Sage | Jøesta-Shadow <Super Bads>
Snipeyinz-Sniper | Zabraa-Assassin | Joesta-Jugg
Prophecy of the Five

Pistols
06.20.2013 , 11:00 AM | #279
Hey folks,

-eric
Finally....2+ months has been brutal.

Knite_Gilnorn
06.20.2013 , 11:00 AM | #280
Thanks for the response Eric. I know bolster probably won't ever be removed like we hope. But I guess aslong as it gets fixed and works right that's the best that can be hoped for.