Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Awww crud.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RaptureRocker's Avatar


RaptureRocker
06.18.2013 , 01:13 PM | #1
My best friend FINALLY wants to try SWTOR, and it turns out I can't get a referral bonus off of him at the moment. Heh... Anybody else have that problem?
CE Owner
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
I've been thinking about stacking Accuracy and Alacrity on my tank... So I can taunt much faster, and make sure my taunts don't miss and accidentally hit a tree or something. That tree aggro can be pretty terrible.

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
06.18.2013 , 01:19 PM | #2
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7318

Should work until July. Best bet is to follow the contact details on their FAQ page.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

MillionsKNives's Avatar


MillionsKNives
06.18.2013 , 01:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7318

Should work until July. Best bet is to follow the contact details on their FAQ page.
From that page it looks to me that you will be unable to refer people from June 11th to July 12th. You will only be able to benefit from it now if they already had a referral before the 11th.

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
06.18.2013 , 01:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
From that page it looks to me that you will be unable to refer people from June 11th to July 12th. You will only be able to benefit from it now if they already had a referral before the 11th.

Good catch:

Quote:
During the transition time, beginning on June 11, 2013, please note the following:

Active Subscribers will not be able to refer new players into the program.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
06.18.2013 , 01:40 PM | #5

Guess you will be waiting til July 13th, which, oddly enough, is just after the Double XP weekends.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
06.18.2013 , 02:54 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to clear things up about some of the changes coming to the Friends of SWTOR program.

Starting June 11th, we began our "transition time" and you are no longer able to refer friends. If you had referred a friend before June 11th, they have until July 12th to subscribe and receive the current rewards.

It is important to note that this program will be returning with the Kurtob Alliance Speeder and some new rewards. We are targeting to bring back this program in early August of this year.

Hope that helps!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
06.18.2013 , 02:56 PM | #7
New rewards? Please tell me it will be retroactive :/ It won't hurt if they would be retroactive.
Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

CourtneyWoods's Avatar


CourtneyWoods
06.18.2013 , 03:30 PM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
New rewards? Please tell me it will be retroactive :/ It won't hurt if they would be retroactive.
Hey Alec_Fortescue,

They are not retroactive. The monthly grant of Cartel Coins you receive will still remain (and you already have the Kurtob Alliance Speeder). The reason why is that our new Friends Program has a new tracking system on the web that wasn't there previously. Because of this, it is considered a new program. We are still hammering out different ways for Subscribers to receive the rewards through this program.

Once we have those details hammered out, I will give y'all an update!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Superman_AZ's Avatar


Superman_AZ
06.18.2013 , 03:32 PM | #9

Thanks for the response Courtney. I know it is not always an answer the OP wants to hear, but we're at least happy to have an official response to the question.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Telanis's Avatar


Telanis
06.18.2013 , 03:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey Alec_Fortescue,

They are not retroactive. The monthly grant of Cartel Coins you receive will still remain (and you already have the Kurtob Alliance Speeder). The reason why is that our new Friends Program has a new tracking system on the web that wasn't there previously. Because of this, it is considered a new program. We are still hammering out different ways for Subscribers to receive the rewards through this program.

Once we have those details hammered out, I will give y'all an update!
It would be really nice if you guys would just say that it's not retroactive because you want to entice us to refer another friend (which makes perfect sense and I am not against). It's a business decision, not a technical one. It has nothing to do with "a new tracking system" because you could simply add all the people who referred a friend to the new system.