Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Update on the Summer of SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
An Update on the Summer of SWTOR
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
06.18.2013 , 01:10 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Elboc View Post
Whoever thought it was a good idea to post future plans for the game... Was a genius. The whole secrecy thing always annoyed me. People are going to whine and complain if a patch is released on time or five minutes late. The rest of us really enjoy seeing what's coming and personally it helps me keep my sub. Can't wait for 2.4!

If this are gets arenas and does it right I will be subbing for a long time. I hope there is 2v2.
I absolutely agree!!! While I know it may turn off some people hoping for X when all they talk about is Y, I'd much rather have an idea of what IS coming. I completely appreciate Bruce stepping outside of their comfort zone with this info today.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

itsluck
06.18.2013 , 01:16 PM | #62
Can't help but notice they didn't mention server transfers at all?

TUXs
06.18.2013 , 01:17 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by itsluck View Post
Can't help but notice they didn't mention server transfers at all?
Old news...coming as soon as possible I'm sure.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

KathrynLong
06.18.2013 , 01:23 PM | #64 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
I was tickled by the original idea of great, big graphics improvement, but the term "vibrancy improvement" makes my eyes itch. Please tell me it's not going to be a bloomy candyland with oversaturated colours. I was rather hoping for a touch-up like finally fixing the grass textures and some other ugly tiling stuff (nagnagnag!), improving AA, that kind of thing.

Would be nice to have a developer/artist blog teaser on that sometime soonish, like the one about the foliage shader improvements, with a few before/after shots
Actually, we already have bloom in the game, we just keep it pretty subtle. Don't worry, the art style remains intact! I'm sure there will be some additional info coming before 2.3 about these improvements. I'm really excited about them. We're always trying to give our artists more tools for making great stuff for you.

chuixupu
06.18.2013 , 01:25 PM | #65
The last hint was that they might come on June 25th, but not set in stone yet, so don't get your hopes up, we know how that turned out with even a more solid announcement for 2.2.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ikinai
06.18.2013 , 01:26 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I'm gonna take a while guess and say cause it's not in any of the patches they talked about there.

You should do stand-up.
I did stand up. I did it too fast and got a head rush thingy and got all dizzy. So, I sat back down.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

TUXs
06.18.2013 , 01:30 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I'm gonna take a while guess and say cause it's not in any of the patches they talked about there.

You should do stand-up.
Arlon, was this type of reply really warranted? Attacking a player for asking why something they would like is never good. Glzmo has every right to ask without a snarky reply by you. It may not be important to you at all, but it obviously matters to him, and because of that, I hope they are added.

Sentinel-Jordal
06.18.2013 , 01:35 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Oricon

Oricon
Astrographical
Region

Outer Rim Territories[1]
Sector
A
Corva sector[1]
System

Oricon system[1]
Grid coordinates

P-3[1]
Physical
Points of interest

Darth Vitus's compound

Oricon was a moon in the Outer Rim Territories.

History

An insignificant world, it was once home to Darth Vitus, before its location was lost to the wider galaxy. Vitus experimented with Sith alchemy on the world, creating monsters strong with the dark side. During the age of the Great Sith War, a group of Sith tracked the world down from clues in a holocron, eventually leading them to Darth Vitus's compound.

This could be very very interesting...
Oh yes more darkside monsters and hopefully sith Lords to teach a lesson with my lightsabers :-D
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Sentinel-Jordal
06.18.2013 , 01:37 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of hitting our schedules for the Summer of SWTOR, and a recap of all the exciting things we have in the works for the months ahead. All of the below dates are the dates the teams are shooting for. As you saw with Game Update 2.2 which had to be moved back by one day, its entirely possible these will move!

Double XP Weekends! Wed like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three sessions of double XP, beginning with this weekend:
Double XP Weekend 1:
  • Start: June 21st @6pm GMT
  • End: June 24th @7am GMT
Double XP Weekend 2:
  • Start: June 28th @6pm GMT
  • End: July 1st @7am GMT
Double XP Weekend 3:
  • Start: July 4th @11am GMT
  • End: July 8th @7am GMT

On July 9th we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! This Nightmare Mode Operation is currently up on Public Test Server!

On July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run:
  • Per community request the event will scale up to level 55 on this next run, including better loot rewards, commendations, and achievements
  • Possible drops include a new Sphere Transport Enclosure vehicle

August 6th is still our target date for Game Update 2.3. *Watch for lots more details on the features below in upcoming blogs, mailers, and community meet and greets!* Some of the bigger parts of this update are:
  • New Flashpoints
  • New Daily Area
  • Game-wide color vibrancy improvement
  • New Recurring Event: Bounty Contract Week

Even though its part of Game Update 2.3 we are planning to start the Bounty Contract Week on August 13th. Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, dont worry it will return next month! The event above was actually teased in our Community Meet & Greet last week and well be sharing more details soon. Here is a snippet for now:

Bounty Contract Week provides new missions with full voice-over that will take you on a hunt for high-value bounty targets across the galaxy. Each bounty contract scales to your level, from 15 to 55, providing experience, credits, Commendations, and Reputation with the Bounty Brokers Association.

Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. Well start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.

This isnt an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. As we get closer well have a lot more juicy details on whats above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!
Sounds very very interesting all this :-D
Really looking forward to the bounty event.
Had been very funny if you could sign yourself up as bounty and ppl had to find you somewhere in the galaxy and kill you :-D
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

ikinai
06.18.2013 , 01:38 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
Oh yes more darkside monsters and hopefully sith Lords to teach a lesson with my lightsabers :-D
I'm sure they'll be as receptive to learning as Anakin Skywalker.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School