Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Encrypted Data Cube-credit boom

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Data Cube-credit boom
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
06.18.2013 , 11:02 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Mike_Bluesky View Post
So we agree that it is lore and not fluff. And this is the only argument needed in discussion if this should be in the CM.
Don't take my words out of context for your own purposes.

Lore IS Fluff... as I stated. And I exemplified how it is just as "fluffy" as the CM armor skins.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Sohaim
06.18.2013 , 11:04 AM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post

Lore IS Fluff... as I stated. And I exemplified how it is just as "fluffy" as the CM armor skins.
so since those 4 cutscenes are lore, and lore=fluff, the whole game is fluff andryah, read what you are posting dude.

Reno_Tarshil
06.18.2013 , 11:05 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Sohaim View Post
i am sorry but does all of the quests in this game provides a Codex lol?
You guys keep trying to treat lore as some godly term that you have to have. If these don't even provide codexs then what is the point of getting angry over a silly cutscene about the shroud doing /flex?

Mike_Bluesky
06.18.2013 , 11:05 AM | #54
I don't even know how to answer to this if you really think lore is fluff (no matter how small piece of lore). Maybe you should add "IMO" before that because majority certainly don't think that.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

Dokar
06.18.2013 , 11:07 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post

Isn't the entire game built around Lore?

Sohaim
06.18.2013 , 11:07 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
You guys keep trying to treat lore as some godly term that you have to have. If these don't even provide codexs then what is the point of getting angry over a silly cutscene about the shroud doing /flex?
then whats the point in doing any quest in the game to learn about any story? lets all go to youtube and do something else like pvping or killing mobs to get levels, beacause we are clearly wasting time watching the story right?

Sohaim
06.18.2013 , 11:09 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Dokar View Post
Isn't the entire game built around Lore?
that my point here, i dont get how they even try to justify those datalogs being in the CM, as they have many times defended the CM based that it was all fluff, and now the word fluff is being bend and now englobes Lore.

Andryah
06.18.2013 , 11:11 AM | #58
it is playable content, we have to go to Nar shaddaa, the travel alone is playable, are you telling that many of the companions quests are Fluff?
I find it ironic that anyone in this forum would use one of the most complained about aspects of the game (travel) and declare it as magically converting fluff to non-fluff.

Fluff with breadcrumbs that you follow around the Galaxy is still fluff. Oh... wait.. did you gain mission experience from following the breadcrumbs..... or unique rare and desirable lore based gear or items????

if lore is fluff then the whole freaking game is fluff, read what you are typing lol.
As far as I am concerned, Lore that adds nothing to the progression of the game, or playable content IS FLUFF.

Lore that is integral to your progression of your character through the game (such as your class story) is not fluff, any more then gear with stats on it (so you can fight effectively) is fluff.

Lore that is a stand alone disintegral element obtained by random chance off the CM and is in no way integrated into a character story arc, leads to special mission chains and rewards, or is required to progress a character through the game IS FLUFF, just as CM armor skins that look nifty by offer nothing other then niftiness is fluff.

Reno_Tarshil
06.18.2013 , 11:11 AM | #59
then whats the point in doing any quest in the game to learn about any story? lets all go to youtube and do something else like pvping or killing mobs to get levels, beacause we are clearly wasting time watching the story right?
Most quests in-game revolve around either, killing baddies, collection drops, using quest items or a mix of all 3. The Only quests in-game that should matter are the class quests and the main planet story quest. The side quests everyone eventually spacebars thru doesn't matter.

The point to doing worthless quests is XP and Rewards. Shure it's a fancy cutscene about the Shroud doing /flex but in the end it provides nothing worthwhile to remember other than a xp or valor boost.

Andryah
06.18.2013 , 11:17 AM | #60
that my point here, i dont get how they even try to justify those datalogs being in the CM, as they have many times defended the CM based that it was all fluff, and now the word fluff is being bend and now englobes Lore.
The only person bending the word fluff is you, and a few others who for whatever reason insist that a cutscene that is disintegral to your character is material content.

IMO, this is just another attempt to go /hate on the CM content. Any chance to declare CM content as not-fluff, so you can rally the crowd into rebellion about the CM.

Tell you what... when they add a new chapter for character story that is CM only, or even a planet mission chain, I'll stand next to you and help you fire the artillery. Until then....it's all just Chicken Little-Part_Deux.