Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An Update on the Summer of SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
An Update on the Summer of SWTOR
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
06.18.2013 , 10:41 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Hello everyone!

Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.
Warzone ARENAS huh? Hmmm....very interesting! I hope that ends up being what I want it to mean. I'd love an arena where the primary objective, was PvP focused.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Pistols
06.18.2013 , 10:42 AM | #12
Follow-up question: Any chance we can get more info. on when the Paid Transfer Service will go live?

Jenovan
06.18.2013 , 10:49 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
Legacy vibroknife, scattergun and shield / focus / generator would be sweet, for us with plenty of alts.
This, please!

Definitely looking forward to 2.3!
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

LegoUniverseBC
06.18.2013 , 10:53 AM | #14
Hello everyone!

On July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bounty Contract Week is a monthly event, so if you miss it the first time, don’t worry – it will return next month!

New Event Awesome! My only questions is: Will the Gree event still be recurring? Or will it be replaced by the Bounty Hunter event? (Need time to get my Blue Sphere mount!)

Laurreth
06.18.2013 , 10:55 AM | #15
  • Game-wide color vibrancy improvement
I was tickled by the original idea of great, big graphics improvement, but the term "vibrancy improvement" makes my eyes itch. Please tell me it's not going to be a bloomy candyland with oversaturated colours. I was rather hoping for a touch-up like finally fixing the grass textures and some other ugly tiling stuff (nagnagnag!), improving AA, that kind of thing.

Would be nice to have a developer/artist blog teaser on that sometime soonish, like the one about the foliage shader improvements, with a few before/after shots
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

ninjonxb
06.18.2013 , 10:57 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
I was tickled by the original idea of great, big graphics improvement, but the term "vibrancy improvement" makes my eyes itch. Please tell me it's not going to be a bloomy candyland with oversaturated colours. I was rather hoping for a touch-up like finally fixing the grass textures and some other ugly tiling stuff (nagnagnag!), improving AA, that kind of thing.

Would be nice to have a developer/artist blog teaser on that sometime soonish, like the one about the foliage shader improvements, with a few before/after shots
I would recommend checking the images from the flash drive about the bounty hunter event. It is probably safe to assume that at least some of the changes are somewhere in there.

Icebergy
06.18.2013 , 10:58 AM | #17
Oricon

Oricon
Astrographical
Region

Outer Rim Territories[1]
Sector

Corva sector[1]
System

Oricon system[1]
Grid coordinates

P-3[1]
Physical
Points of interest

Darth Vitus's compound

Oricon was a moon in the Outer Rim Territories.

History

An insignificant world, it was once home to Darth Vitus, before its location was lost to the wider galaxy. Vitus experimented with Sith alchemy on the world, creating monsters strong with the dark side. During the age of the Great Sith War, a group of Sith tracked the world down from clues in a holocron, eventually leading them to Darth Vitus's compound.

This could be very very interesting...
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

islander
06.18.2013 , 11:06 AM | #18
No 2.2.1 update???

Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Lord_Karsk
06.18.2013 , 11:07 AM | #19
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oricon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Vitus

Quote:
Darth Vitus was a male individual who became a Sith at some point before the time of the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War. After gaining significant knowledge of how to utilize Sith alchemy, he desired to develop his understanding of the subject further, so he carried out research at a compound on the moon Oricon in the Outer Rim Territories. During the course of his investigations, Vitus experimented on monsters that were strong in the dark side of the Force.
Behind the scenes

Darth Vitus was created by Matthew Grau and featured in "Behind the Threat: The Sith Antiheroes", an article that was published on Wizards.com in 2008.

Leonalis
06.18.2013 , 11:07 AM | #20

Significant graphical upgrades
changed to

Game-wide color vibrancy improvement

ok, what does this mean?