Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Taorus's Avatar


Taorus
06.18.2013 , 10:07 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I have read every post in this thread.

Going back to the beginning:


You are making a lot of incorrect assumptions:

#1 Yes, it was floated at one point that the RotHC content might be free for subscribers. When the release announcement was made, obviously that "might" became "no," and subscribers were charged $10 for the expansion/content patch/whatever you want to call it. Just because they made the decision to charge subscribers for a small expansion does not automatically mean they will charge for every subsequent content patch.

#2 You make the monumental leap that because we were charged for RotHC, an expansion, that EVERY content patch from here on will be charged for. Yes, RotHC was not a big expansion, but when it comes to MMOs it does fit the definition of expansion: new content, new level cap, new abilities. And ALL MMOs charge for expansions, but NONE charge for content patches.

#3 For subscribers, the Cartel Market is nothing more than cosmetic and vanity fluff. Name me one thing that a subscriber HAS to buy off the cartel market in order to play this game to its fullest. And before you say, "the Cathar race," a subscriber can participate in every aspect of this game without ever unlocking the Cathar race. Heck, a subscriber does not even need to play any race other than human and can participate in every aspect of this game. ALL the races are fluff - there is no advantage to playing any one race over another.

#4 In the past when EA/BioWare was going to charge for anything, they have given the player population ample warning and opened it to pre-order. What makes you think now they will spring it on us like some sort of trap? If they intended to charge for 2.3 they would have said so by now, if the ETA release date is accurate.

So to answer your question: How much will they charge? I say BIG FAT ZERO
So, What you are saying. That if today or tomorrow they announced that it cost 275CC to unlock its Ok?

Skaol-dirtyd's Avatar


Skaol-dirtyd
06.18.2013 , 10:08 AM | #142
not even worth it anymore
The Best Player Reward Program! That is how it is done right!

Kilora's Avatar


Kilora
06.18.2013 , 10:11 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Skaol-dirtyd View Post
As such they clearly state that they were counting people who were in there 30 day trial. You were proven wrong. End of story!.
I wasn't wrong, once again.

I wasn't stating they WEREN'T subs -- I was stating that they SHOULDN'T be counted as subs when speaking of people who "left the game because of how bad it was." I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying.

Skaol-dirtyd's Avatar


Skaol-dirtyd
06.18.2013 , 10:14 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
I wasn't wrong, once again.

I wasn't stating they WEREN'T subs -- I was stating that they SHOULDN'T be counted as subs when speaking of people who "left the game because of how bad it was." I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying.
Well my apologies if I misunderstood what you were saying.
The Best Player Reward Program! That is how it is done right!

JPryde's Avatar


JPryde
06.18.2013 , 10:15 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
So, What you are saying. That if today or tomorrow they announced that it cost 275CC to unlock its Ok?
No, it would not be okay, but until that is announced, I am not getting a grey hair over this matter as I to 99% expect it to be free.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.18.2013 , 10:18 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
I wasn't wrong, once again.

I wasn't stating they WEREN'T subs -- I was stating that they SHOULDN'T be counted as subs when speaking of people who "left the game because of how bad it was." I'm sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying.
They SHOULD be counted as subs because they WERE! Period! Why they actually left is anyone's guess and it's completely irrelevant.

Back to the OP - I expect anything sightly sizable (FPs, Ops) to be DLC now. The "free content" will continue to be crap.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
06.18.2013 , 10:19 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by JPryde View Post
No, it would not be okay, but until that is announced, I am not getting a grey hair over this matter as I to 99% expect it to be free.
Agreed.

I'm pretty sure Taorus is handling all the grey hairs on the matter.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
06.18.2013 , 10:22 AM | #148 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I can confirm that you will not be paying an additional charge to get the new Flashpoints. They are a part of the content of Game Update 2.3, which as we have stated in the past, we will not charge for.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

chuuuuucky's Avatar


chuuuuucky
06.18.2013 , 10:23 AM | #149
If 2.58million people bought the game and under 500k are left that means 2million decided that this game is not worth subsrcription thats all we can say. Maybe some of them are still playing but as f2p/preferred. Maybe they never installed the game.
Whatever reason they had they decided that the game was not worth the subscription fee. And that is really everything that counts and is the reason why the game went f2p, we have a cartel market and ultimately this thread about fp's and cartel coins.
From that point you can't tell if they think that the game is bad and noone can proofe that as it is a subjective thing anyways. But noone shouldn be that blind and think that this numbers are not saying anything about the success or fail of this game.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.18.2013 , 10:25 AM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I can confirm that you will not be paying an additional charge to get the new Flashpoints. They are a part of the content of Game Update 2.3, which as we have stated in the past, we will not charge for.

-eric
Plural? Could you please confirm they aren't just new "nightmare" modes....
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.