Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

X-Wing Alliance Mod for Space Combat

LOUDRampart
01.03.2012 , 06:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Yodasteacher View Post
If you want space fights and free space flying play eve online, if you wanna use a lightsaber ect play swtor! Problem solved!
Eve's space fighting was fun, but just because it was in Eve, doesn't mean it should go away in this game. After all, space combat is part of Star Wars too,

Imho, this game does need space missions. It will be awesome to fly as part of a squadron of whatever type of space craft on group missions and raids...

Zojak
06.18.2013 , 07:29 AM | #12
Hey, X-Wing Alliance was an awesome game for it's time. There were player-developed levels where you had to smuggle stuff through areas while enemies attacked. It was really fun. You could even pick up cargo, store it, fly with it, drop it off, etc.

I think what the OP is going for is that free-form flight, mixed with the ability to actually interact with space stations, not just notionally click on them on a map.

XWA also had this cool method of traveling from one zone to another by way of Hyper Buey. You basically couldn't jump to hyperspace until you got to a buey. Made for some really epic fights where you had tons of enemies on you and you had to make it to the buey to get away. That's a dynamic that I really think SWTOR's space program could benefit from.

In the end, I'd love to get on my ship, fly out to space and either hyper to my destination, or run into the surprise attack or run through a blockade to add that edge of not just having a taxi of a ship, but to truly captain one.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men." A.J.Durai

ImmortalLowlife
06.18.2013 , 07:34 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zojak View Post
Hey, X-Wing Alliance was an awesome game for it's time. There were player-developed levels where you had to smuggle stuff through areas while enemies attacked. It was really fun. You could even pick up cargo, store it, fly with it, drop it off, etc.

I think what the OP is going for is that free-form flight, mixed with the ability to actually interact with space stations, not just notionally click on them on a map.

XWA also had this cool method of traveling from one zone to another by way of Hyper Buey. You basically couldn't jump to hyperspace until you got to a buey. Made for some really epic fights where you had tons of enemies on you and you had to make it to the buey to get away. That's a dynamic that I really think SWTOR's space program could benefit from.

In the end, I'd love to get on my ship, fly out to space and either hyper to my destination, or run into the surprise attack or run through a blockade to add that edge of not just having a taxi of a ship, but to truly captain one.
I completely agree!
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

Ansalem
06.18.2013 , 10:06 AM | #14
heh Eve space combat...good ol days where your screen is so full of tracking and scrolling reports that you cant actually see much of a space fight going on at all. If you want an actual space simulator free flying combat system you are going to have to wait for Star Citizen