How much will the "new" Flashpoints cost?

Taorus

So sometime in August, After nearly a year and a half we may or may not get "new" Flashpoints. With the largest content update ever...Er Pardon, Mini Xpac/DLC we were charged $9.99. An since our "complimentary" Cartel Coins have taken on a mandatory roll. I am curious as to how much the "new" flashpoints will cost.

1. Will the cost be account wide or Server/Legacy?

2. Will it be it be a monthly unlock or a one time sale?

I would have mentioned the "new" pvp content, But October is a little far off?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like a response from EAware, The apologists head in the sand tactics are not quite helpful.

Why is it "apologist tactics" to point out obvious overexaggerated flaws in your argument?

No content for subscribers did ever come for single chars only. Makeb as expansion was for the account.

No content for subscribers ever required any fee on top of the monthly subscription.

There is no visible trend to change this.

Edited by JPryde

So...asking a simple question is now considered QQ? Wow. has that term taken a dramatic fall.

If you only had asked a simple question, it wouldn't be seen as trolling or QQ.

You however are speaking of some trend, that simply isn't there and you did start the fight with bringing in the term "apologist".

I do not need to apologize for anything.. and I do not need to apologize for liking this game at all. And I will not just shut up, just because some hater does not like it, that I like this game !

So...asking a simple question is now considered QQ? Wow. has that term taken a dramatic fall.

Yeah, OK.

Hopefully a dev will answer your questions.

However, let's just just agree to NOT call this thread "a simple question" when the sarcasm and exaggeration is pouring out of every line. It's quite obvious what you're trying to do here, so please do enjoy you Forum PVP, but don't insult people's intelligence.

If you only had asked a simple question, it wouldn't be seen as trolling or QQ.

You however are speaking of some trend, that simply isn't there and you did start the fight with bringing in the term "apologist".

I do not need to apologize for anything.. and I do not need to apologize for liking this game at all. And I will not just shut up, just because some hater does not like it, that I like this game !

First off, No where did I even remotely suggest you shut up.

But I take it the new tactic is, if the apologists do not like a thread is to derail it and take it off topic. :(

But I take it the new tactic is, if the apologists do not like a thread is to derail it and take it off topic. :(

Funny, to call it the apologists tactics, when I was answering off topic on a totally off topic post made by yourself :)

And I also answered your questions earlier.... There is no such trend as you are stating. You got not the slightest hint to expect any further content to be restricted to single chars or to be restricted to weekly or monthly use by cartel-unlocks (for subscribers! I do not care at all, what F2P need to pay for).

Well, same goes for "QQers unite, let's start a flame war" tactics, but here we are.

The only flame war I see being started is the one your trying to start. If your not going to be productive in this thread why did you troll in and leave troll droppings?

You could clearly glean the subject matter of the thread by err... the subject field? But yet you trolled in anyways?

/facepalm

Wait, make that a

/doublefacepalm

Funny, to call it the apologists tactics, when I was answering off topic on a totally off topic post made by yourself :)

And I also answered your questions earlier.... There is no such trend as you are stating. You got not the slightest hint to expect any further content to be restricted to single chars or to be restricted to weekly or monthly use by cartel-unlocks (for subscribers! I do not care at all, what F2P need to pay for).

Off Topic post? This is the General Forums for SWTOR, No? I am asking a question in regards to SWTOR.

How is that off topic?

Trend

Life Day had a cost. Makeb has a cost. Cathar has a cost. You do know what trend means?

An since our "complimentary" Cartel Coins have taken on a mandatory roll. I am curious as to how much the "new" flashpoints will cost.

1. Will the cost be account wide or Server/Legacy?

2. Will it be it be a monthly unlock or a one time sale?

I would have mentioned the "new" pvp content, But October is a little far off?

1.) Nothing about the CCs are mandatory. NOTHING.

2.) There is absolutely no trend pointing to content in 1.3 being added solely through purchase.

I don't believe they will cost anything. End of story. And when they are released, I will come back here and say:

1.) See? You were wrong. Enough doomsaying.

or, highly less likely

2.) You were right. I'm now leaving the game.

Off Topic post? This is the General Forums for SWTOR, No? I am asking a question in regards to SWTOR.

How is that off topic?

I wasn't refering to your OP, but to the post I had quoted.

Trend

Life Day had a cost. Makeb has a cost. Cathar has a cost. You do know what trend means?

Trend:

Novare-Coast had no cost.

Hypergate had no cost.

Achievement system had no cost. (In fact it even allows people to earn cartel coins in game, so it could be considered an income)

HK-51 had no cost.

Black Hole nad no cost.

Section X had no cost.

Gree Event had no cost.

If this trend continuous with only charging for customization while giving out the content for free, I can say: Keep the trend coming!

Edited by JPryde

I wasn't refering to your OP, but to the post I had quoted.

Trend:

Novare-Coast had no cost.Prior to F2P

Hypergate had no cost.Prior to F2P

Achievement system had no cost. (In fact it even allows people to earn cartel coins in game, so it could be considered an income) Was in the Makeb DLC, So had a cost

HK-51 had no cost.

Black Hole nad no cost.Prior to F2P

Section X had no cost.Prior to F2P

Gree Event had no cost.Prior to F2P

If this trend continuous with only charging for customization while giving out the content for free, I can say: Keep the trend coming!

See red for my response.

Taorus, you are slightly misinformed for some of those responses.

1.) Hypergate was AFTER F2P.

2.) HK-51 and Section X were in the same update as F2P.

3.) Achievement system DOES NOT REQUIRE RotHC.

4.) Gree event was AFTER F2P.

Wow you seriously need to chill out. The FP is free as is all of 2.4 content as already posted by dev. If you read the forums instead of going loco on them you would know that.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if all upcoming FPs and Ops were available only via CM. Basically everything we've seen recently was except Makeb which was a digital expansion and the new FPs and Ops were part of it, so they were not free for subscribers too.

I'm not saing it's impossible they will release some relevant new content that will become standard part of our subscribtion in the future. But at this point, I don't expect that anymore, they must prove otherwise.

As a subscriber i HIGHLY doubt they will charge us (Subs) to access this content. If we were looking forward to 3.0 in 2 months instead of 2.3, it would be a completely different story.

The better question though is. How much will the new flashpoints cost for F2P. I am curious about this. This cost will cause large queue problems (i am a tank) for most people and I am hoping it won't be to much for them.

But I am also expecting F2P to have to pay for it.

Heck, you could even debate the level 55 Hardmodes have no cost. Yes, you pay to be able to become level 55, but do you have to pay for access to them as soon as you go F2P after buying Makeb? I think not. Also, the new Operation you might have to pay to have access to as F2P, but that is because you pay for Operation access regardless of your level, not because the Operation itself is behind a pay-gate beyond needing level 55.

So no, there is no trend of actual game content, meaning flashpoints, warzones, daily areas and events, costing money at all.

So OP, following current trends; it will cost nothing.