Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do I need to buy a subscription even though I have 30 days of free game time?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Do I need to buy a subscription even though I have 30 days of free game time?

Joaftheloaf
12.21.2011 , 09:33 PM | #1
I'm confused, why would I have to have a subscription if I already have 30 days of time that came with my game?

justinaj
12.21.2011 , 09:41 PM | #2
I'm with you on that one bud, i wound up subscribing but it says you can cancel at any time.

I'm assuming there will be some kind of fees that still apply.

Sainiku
12.21.2011 , 09:44 PM | #3
You don't.

It wouldn't even allow me to buy the subscription through paypal, as it said i already had one. I'm ingame just fine, so it hasn't bothered me.

DenyTheTruth
12.21.2011 , 09:46 PM | #4
It's a common trick in the MMO world that has caused me a lot of pain in the past. They reel you in with the first month and hope that if you quit playing you forget about the subscription so they get at least one paid month out of you. If you notice it says they will not notify you for the 30 and 60 day subscriptions, only the 180 day ones.

When I was 14 I picked up EQ and my mom let me use her credit card to pay for the first month with the understanding that I'd play the game for the free month plus the one month I paid for and be done. A year and a half later she asked me what a charge on her credit card was for. Yeah, a year and a half. I was pissed, and it took me 8 years to forgive MMOs in general and only because I love Blizzard. I never gave them my credit card info, though. I used game time cards.

There are no fees associated with canceling your subscription. You get charged the $15 on the renewal date and can cancel at any time in between now and then or any time after.

iain_b
12.21.2011 , 09:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DenyTheTruth View Post
When I was 14 I picked up EQ and my mom let me use her credit card to pay for the first month with the understanding that I'd play the game for the free month plus the one month I paid for and be done. A year and a half later she asked me what a charge on her credit card was for. Yeah, a year and a half. I was pissed, and it took me 8 years to forgive MMOs in general and only because I love Blizzard. I never gave them my credit card info, though. I used game time cards.
Please explain how you forgetting to cancel a subscription is not your own fault?

As for your mom not checking her credit card statement for almost two years, I don't even want to go there...
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367