Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not having level 50 ops in group finder makes no sense for casual players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Not having level 50 ops in group finder makes no sense for casual players

Clearch
06.13.2013 , 08:05 AM | #21
I approve of this idea. I que for everything including story modes when I play. I would gladly add this to the que.

UberDeano
06.16.2013 , 04:06 AM | #22
I agree. This is my first MMO and as I normally play single player RPG games I spent a lot of time spamming xp boosts, so hit lvl 55 before I finished my character's storyline let alone started looking at operations. It is frustrating not to be able to use the group finder to easily access the end game content. And I agree that for casual players it takes a frustratingly long amount of time to group up via chat.

I can understand that some players might be worried about over-geared lvl 55 players coming into a lvl 50 operation and moaning at people for having rubbish gear, but I think that would be a minor problem.

thomasbaxter
06.16.2013 , 08:42 AM | #23
Why isn't this fixed yet? I really have NOT been able to do any SM ops since 2.0. My inquisitor is basically stuck. Can't run Level 55 fps cuz my armour isnt high enuff and the only way to gear at the moment is to grind daily planets (which I hate so not an option) and running the 1 fp a day for basic comms. Why why why can't i run level 50 ops exclusively at level 55 to gear up? all my endgame is totally dead. Gutted and they seem to be adament this isn't going to be fixed. Can the devs at least explain why?? what harm is there??? I unsubbed last month and won't even play after this month if level 55s cant run 50 ops in gf cuz endgame is BOOOOORING without them.

Spyderwraith
06.16.2013 , 12:01 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by UberDeano View Post
I agree snip.

I can understand that some players might be worried about over-geared lvl 55 players coming into a lvl 50 operation and moaning at people for having rubbish gear, but I think that would be a minor problem.
If there are level 55's running with 50's in an old ops the only time rubbish gear is an issue is when the level 55 stands in stuff and is stupid because if there are level 55's in the ops with 50's what happens is ROLFSTOMP and things generally just die faster. I mean ****, my guild carried a level 50 in greens through tfb story and that wasnt even overly difficult

thomasbaxter
06.17.2013 , 10:07 AM | #25
Should have been sorted a long time ago.

Pavijan
10.20.2013 , 05:11 PM | #26
Resurrecting this. I can't believe that developers still haven't solved this. It felt like an eternity until I finally found a group for Explosive Conflict on Red Eclipse. Its still very hard for lvl 55 to find group for specific lvl 50 operation and for lvl 50 toons group finder is practically useless because 55s can not use it . Placing lvl 50 operations (SM and HM) in group finder for every level above 50 is a must and they have to be reminded of this.

HBCentaurion
10.21.2013 , 02:55 AM | #27
You think this is bad? Then you clearly weren't around launch (pre patch 1.2 I think), where there was no Group Finder at all. You had to camp the entrance to the Flashpoint you wanted to run and whisper every SOB to see if they wanted to do that Flashpoint.

Anyways, the queue times for level 55 Operations are horrendous, and unless you join with healers and tanks it'll take ages for them to pop. Also it doesn't take long to form a group on fleet. It usually takes me 10-15 minutes to form a group for SV SM 16 man for the Weekly.

Pavijan
10.21.2013 , 10:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
You think this is bad? Then you clearly weren't around launch (pre patch 1.2 I think), where there was no Group Finder at all. You had to camp the entrance to the Flashpoint you wanted to run and whisper every SOB to see if they wanted to do that Flashpoint.

Anyways, the queue times for level 55 Operations are horrendous, and unless you join with healers and tanks it'll take ages for them to pop. Also it doesn't take long to form a group on fleet. It usually takes me 10-15 minutes to form a group for SV SM 16 man for the Weekly.
Exactly, I wasn't. And I'm glad about it, because it would drive me crazy for sure, and luckily I arrived when lots of issues of that type were taken care of, which gives me hope that some slight adjustments such as this one can be done without too much effort for them. And as you said, finding group for SV, DP, DF or other newer ops isn't much of a problem because somebody is always yelling about them in general chat and 55s are mostly doing them. For older ones... it's painful.

LaurentJG
10.22.2013 , 04:23 AM | #29
*signed

I've been here since beta & not one for posting on the forums, but this needs doing.

slafko
10.22.2013 , 04:39 AM | #30
I wholeheartedly agree with OP.