Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Eric Musco confirms Naboo as next planet at Cantina Crawl

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Eric Musco confirms Naboo as next planet at Cantina Crawl
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Avicii's Avatar


Avicii
06.16.2013 , 03:11 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
good to know while they can't fix issues with programming or put out content other than re-skinning old armor or datamining KOTOR for Cartel Market charging the subscribers, they've still got time to go on vacations, drink and party and make up jokes about the content they're not going to add to the game but they promised.

What a F'ing joke
Who put the crabs in your panties? The Cantina visits are a good idea, it lets the player base interact personally with people that work on the game. The fact you don't like the direction or w/e doesn't mean you should come be a ******e in this thread go to one of the already started negative threads and cry in there.

LeonBraun's Avatar


LeonBraun
06.16.2013 , 03:36 PM | #32
For the record, you wouldn't need to have Gungans in the game to do Naboo. Considering our toons can't even swim and the Gungans reside underwater, we wouldn't see them anyway.

I'd be for Naboo. The architecture and story of the place is very cool.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

oaceen's Avatar


oaceen
06.16.2013 , 03:39 PM | #33
i honestly would not mind naboo as a planet. it was where i spent most of my time on swg

LeonBraun's Avatar


LeonBraun
06.16.2013 , 03:40 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
Who put the crabs in your panties? The Cantina visits are a good idea, it lets the player base interact personally with people that work on the game. The fact you don't like the direction or w/e doesn't mean you should come be a ******e in this thread go to one of the already started negative threads and cry in there.
I agree with who you quoted personally. They can do this stuff outside the game and our official forum, yet the game is going, and will continue to go to hell because they have zero two way open interaction with their player base here on these "official" forums. People want to be excited for this game here, and yet the devs appear to be trying their hardest not to build community here on these forums.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
06.16.2013 , 05:47 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonBraun View Post
I agree with who you quoted personally. They can do this stuff outside the game and our official forum, yet the game is going, and will continue to go to hell because they have zero two way open interaction with their player base here on these "official" forums. People want to be excited for this game here, and yet the devs appear to be trying their hardest not to build community here on these forums.
Hello there!
Have you seen the forum?
The Legions of Scum and Villainy are Disneyland compared to the way some people react to anything around here.

If they add something, then they shouldn't have because they have bugs to fix. If they add CM stuff, then they are told they should focus on the game. When they focus on the game itself, people cry because Revan's chestpiece has two hoods and the color in chestpiece X is slightly lighter and not "as vibrant as" they'd want it to be. If they fix bugs, then the game is dead because there's no new content. If they focus on PVP, then PVErs remind everyone that they are the majority. If they focus on PVE, then PVPers scream bloody murder.

A game's forum should be always used with extreme caution by ANY developer.
It's where people go to vent and amongst them there are a small number of rational people who present valid points and offer constructive criticism in a way that can be useful rather than just "Ermahgerd, u suck", but sadly their voices get drowned out.

So they are interacting with the community. They check the forums and hear what we have to say.
Just because they don't do something a number of people want, it doesn't mean they aren't listening. It's their game and they have the right to take it to the direction they want. And they are also doing the Cantina Tour to promote the game and, again, interact with the fans.

And it's always funny that people seem to focus solely on the things they didn't do and completely disregard the changes they've done to their original plans because the community asked them to (like the number of available quickbars when the game went F2P, the whole thing with the cc breaker etc.)
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Mindshard's Avatar


Mindshard
06.16.2013 , 05:51 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
good to know while they can't fix issues with programming or put out content other than re-skinning old armor or datamining KOTOR for Cartel Market charging the subscribers, they've still got time to go on vacations, drink and party and make up jokes about the content they're not going to add to the game but they promised.

What a F'ing joke
Not quite sure how much programming the community manager does...
Sorry, but I think interaction with the community and having a life is more important than having the exact cartel armor sets you want (and this is coming from someone who's made threads on this exact subject).

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
06.16.2013 , 05:52 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
i hope the planet plays oppa gungan style over and over @___@
You want to be shot don't you?
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a bodies natural defense against stupid

LeonBraun's Avatar


LeonBraun
06.16.2013 , 05:57 PM | #38
Here's the thing, the people that run this game are grown ups and professionals. They have a job to do, and they should handle this job with a degree of professionalism that the positions they hold demand of them.

If I'm a manager in a store, I don't put out my goods/stock/produce etc. and then run and hide. I don't NOT make myself available to the customer, I don't NOT have an approachable customer service staff that is ready on demand to help and interact with people. One does not make a large product or service available to an ongoing mass consumer base and NOT make themselves accountable to that consumer. It just doesn't work that way.

When they made this game, they took on certain known responsibilities of an ongoing product and service. This is not a produce and drop cartridge/disk game for a console system, this is an ongoing evolving service that they have a consumer base for, and for it to thrive and for people to be excited and continue to buy in, they have a job that needs to be done with certain essential responsibilities in mind. Period.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
06.16.2013 , 06:10 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonBraun View Post
If I'm a manager in a store, I don't put out my goods/stock/produce etc. and then run and hide. I don't NOT make myself available to the customer, I don't NOT have an approachable customer service staff that is ready on demand to help and interact with people.
Right.
So what do you do if your customers tell you that your goods/products are awful without giving you any further feedback that you can actually use to improve your store? And when you listen to one of them and actually do what they suggest, what do you do when 10 more start complaining that you didn't change what they asked you to change? And how do you think it would turn out if for every complaint you received, you did a complete overhaul of your store under the threat that you are going to lose one customer? And what about the rest of the customers who are satisfied with what you're offering. Would you be willing to lose them to gain someone who will, quite possibly, never be satisfied because they really liked that "old store" that they knew before yours and will never really get over the fact it's dead?

Quote: Originally Posted by LeonBraun View Post
When they made this game, they took on certain known responsibilities of an ongoing product and service. This is not a produce and drop cartridge/disk game for a console system, this is an ongoing evolving service that they have a consumer base for, and for it to thrive and for people to be excited and continue to buy in, they have a job that needs to be done with certain essential responsibilities in mind. Period.
Exactly.
But I don't understand your point. If they have certain responsibilities and shouldn't be wasting time, how is it that time "wasted" on the forum is not as a big "waste" of time as doing the Cantina Tour when both of these forms of interaction with the fans have the same goal - to promote, interact and hear feedback?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

LeonBraun's Avatar


LeonBraun
06.16.2013 , 06:30 PM | #40
If I'm in a grocery store stocking shelves, I'm still available to the consumer at all times, or the next person on shift is. And if I'm not found out on the floor, my customer service staff is there at all times to hear and respond to feedback accordingly. Whether it's the answer the consumer wants to hear or not, they have still had their say and have gotten their answer; they have been served.

The cantina tour is like stopping by a store run by unresponsive drones between the hours of 5-6am when hardly anyone is there, taking care of business and then going home for the day. This, yes, serves a few people, but leaves out the mass majority of the consumer base that needs to be interacted with and dealt with at all times.

Again, the people that run TOR are grown professionals. One does not put out an ongoing product or service and then phone it in everyday and walk away. I certainly would not do this; I expect the same of any working professional accountable to their job as well.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan