Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


The_jackhack's Avatar


The_jackhack
06.15.2013 , 05:09 AM | #311
This happened to me just a few hours ago.

I group up with 2 fellow guildies for GF HMFP and we get Cademimu with a well geared Vanguard tank and i think "nice we should have no problem clearing the fp".


Group composition is me(sentinel dps), my guildies (commando dps and sage healer) and the vangurad tank.
Unfortunately my fellow guild healer isnt really good but he is improving, we manage to get to last boss(the one with Shackles) with a few wipes due to my guildie struggling a bit at healing but at least to me its not a really big deal.

We wipe the first time because of shackles and the second time we kill the boss with me being the last man standing.

After the boss is dead the tank whispers me that we wiped and we almost wiped a second time because im bad as i tend to move too much while dpsing the boss and that he always got the shackles because i stood <4 from the boss, oh and he called me a retard saying that i needed to L2P.

What do you think? Was it my fault?

I'm sorry for my bad english but it's not my native language, i hope you can understand what i wrote .

jedicutter's Avatar


jedicutter
06.15.2013 , 07:58 AM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by SW_display_name View Post
I just had a Group Finder FP run with a player queued as Damage. (this was Republic side, translations provided for Imperial players reference frame)

He was a Shadow (Assassin), spec'd Kinetic Combat (Darkness), using Combat Technique (Dark Charge). Every single pull, from start to finish, his rotation was:
  • stand 10 yards away
  • use Telekinetic Throw (Force Lightning) on cooldown
  • use Project (Shock) on cooldown
  • use Force Breach (Discharge) on cooldown
  • maintain Kinetic Ward (Dark Ward) religiously at 15 charges
  • stand there and do nothing else in-between these 4 cooldowns

Watching someone with a double-bladed lightsaber and rocks swirling around them stand outside melee range, never once swing their saber, and spam weak rock attacks was... really, really weird.

Damage was agonizingly low, fights took forever, but at least we had a Guardian DPS who really, really knew her stuff and carried us through (just barely) on tighter fights.

Naturally, he won all 3 pieces of Willpower gear that dropped. -.-

~~~

Anyway, I don't want to be negative and bashing or insulting confused players here. Instead, I'd just like to hear your stories about bizarre / crazy people you meet in Group Finder (or other groups) who make you go "Huh?? What?!" when you watch them playing.

It's honestly very cute / amusing, except when it gets you killed by enrage timers, etc.
if he would be tank, i'd say thats ok. cos assassins are only tanks that can tank in range, shock and discharge have aggro-modificators on them, force lightning immune to pushback.

VaeVictis's Avatar


VaeVictis
06.15.2013 , 08:51 AM | #313
On my Shadow tank queue into HM 50 Maelstrom Prison.

Scoundrel healer has 10.5k HP at 50 which I would have previously thought impossible. Only heal I get the entire FP is Diagnostic Scan because otherwise "I run out of energy too fast." I'm assuming F2P and not heal spec to boot.

No deaths due to me being so tremendously overgeared but still, it's the principal.

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
06.15.2013 , 10:55 AM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
On my Shadow tank queue into HM 50 Maelstrom Prison.

Scoundrel healer has 10.5k HP at 50 which I would have previously thought impossible. Only heal I get the entire FP is Diagnostic Scan because otherwise "I run out of energy too fast." I'm assuming F2P and not heal spec to boot.

No deaths due to me being so tremendously overgeared but still, it's the principal.
In this game, everything is possible





BUT fixing PvP
Name's Inferious, though you may know me as Tanvir...

Also, here's my referral, which will grant you a free server transfer and 7 days of playtime and more!

ToMyMa's Avatar


ToMyMa
06.15.2013 , 10:58 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
I was on my Sorc and did a FP one time and q'd as healer but i didnt have the creds to respec for heals when i realized i was in the wrong spec inside HM Mando. I continued to DPS through trash and will heal everybody up when they get low on HP (around 40%). We never wiped and i made it a point to have people healed up and ready for the next trash pull. Maybe around 30 minutes in i was suddenly kicked out of the group but not before the tank said, we're kicking you because you aren't heal spec'd. I think we were at the trash before the final boss pull when this happened. Didnt kill the bonus boss yet too.

I kept them alive, and the run probably went a teeny bit faster because I was Lightning specd and also no one died not even once.
Well, you would not be able to do the last boss without being heal specced. I had trouble on my commando healer which is heal specced (might be because I was running in EWH and Partisan gear, though )
Name's Inferious, though you may know me as Tanvir...

Also, here's my referral, which will grant you a free server transfer and 7 days of playtime and more!

Spyderwraith's Avatar


Spyderwraith
06.16.2013 , 08:44 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by The_jackhack View Post
This happened to me just a few hours ago.

I group up with 2 fellow guildies for GF HMFP and we get Cademimu with a well geared Vanguard tank and i think "nice we should have no problem clearing the fp".


Group composition is me(sentinel dps), my guildies (commando dps and sage healer) and the vangurad tank.
Unfortunately my fellow guild healer isnt really good but he is improving, we manage to get to last boss(the one with Shackles) with a few wipes due to my guildie struggling a bit at healing but at least to me its not a really big deal.

We wipe the first time because of shackles and the second time we kill the boss with me being the last man standing.

After the boss is dead the tank whispers me that we wiped and we almost wiped a second time because im bad as i tend to move too much while dpsing the boss and that he always got the shackles because i stood <4 from the boss, oh and he called me a retard saying that i needed to L2P.

What do you think? Was it my fault?

I'm sorry for my bad english but it's not my native language, i hope you can understand what i wrote .
Nah the guy sounds like a complete retard and a jerk. As a DPS sometimes if you don't move (out of fire or circles you die too fast) and besides that boss requires movement to begin with other wise you'd get flames. And you do a good job with English even though as you say it is not your first language.

Revenaught's Avatar


Revenaught
06.16.2013 , 01:37 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by The_jackhack View Post
This happened to me just a few hours ago.

I group up with 2 fellow guildies for GF HMFP and we get Cademimu with a well geared Vanguard tank and i think "nice we should have no problem clearing the fp".


Group composition is me(sentinel dps), my guildies (commando dps and sage healer) and the vangurad tank.
Unfortunately my fellow guild healer isnt really good but he is improving, we manage to get to last boss(the one with Shackles) with a few wipes due to my guildie struggling a bit at healing but at least to me its not a really big deal.

We wipe the first time because of shackles and the second time we kill the boss with me being the last man standing.

After the boss is dead the tank whispers me that we wiped and we almost wiped a second time because im bad as i tend to move too much while dpsing the boss and that he always got the shackles because i stood <4 from the boss, oh and he called me a retard saying that i needed to L2P.

What do you think? Was it my fault?

I'm sorry for my bad english but it's not my native language, i hope you can understand what i wrote .
If he got the shackles and you didn't then it couldn't have been your fault. They do have a slight area effect on them and can get someone else if they are close together. Keep yourself on the opposite side of the boss and it won't be a problem.

As far as movement a Sent has very few abilities that require standing still so I doubt that was causing you any problems. And as for your English, actually it was a lot better that many posters here for whom it is their first language. You're doin alright.
Don't center on your anxieties, Obi-Wan. Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs. -Qui Gon Jinn

Darth_Dreselus's Avatar


Darth_Dreselus
06.16.2013 , 05:02 PM | #318
A fairly old story from Dec 2012 that happened to my guildie:

http://i.imgur.com/v7G45.jpg

To give you some context behind this, the sage was spectacularly bad. So bad in fact that we had to 3 man LR-5 and sav-rak. He had Level 24 implants, shadow tanking bracers, casted TK wave, space XP buff, stood in every single aoe imaginable AND had a shield Relic as well as pulling every single trash group we skipped.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

generations's Avatar


generations
06.16.2013 , 09:37 PM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
When I was leveling an Imp alt, I kept being que'd with a sorc who:

1) Que'd as healer but refused to heal. If someone asked for heals he did not answer. Thankfully my friend que'd with me, and she could field respec into heals.

2) Was clearly spec'd in DPS tree. Did not answer when someone told him not to que as healer if he wanted to DPS.

3) Ran ahead of tank and aggro'd multiple groups. Wouldn't even offheal himself and died a lot. LOL

It was both annoying and funny at the same time seeing this guy go kamikaze and die over and over. We kept forgetting to put him on ignore, so that's why we ran into him so many times.
Ive had similar experiences. Very funny in hindsight. Unbelievably frustrating in the moment. Glad i am not alone

Stuffedduck's Avatar


Stuffedduck
06.17.2013 , 03:19 AM | #320
Even if I am in swtor since start - including a slightly looong break - I only started to do grouped pve content since 2.0, as I was taking swtor as a break from raiding and I am an altoholic by heart.

And as FP wise I either tank, heal or dps with guildies filling the at least 2/3 of the remaining spots ... nothing really weird to report (beside ppl not being able to even type 'hi' or any other word in chat), however, something that happened to me in another mmo still makes me think 'wow' after years.

4 of our guild joined a HM/heroic instance and had to pug the tank, as I didn't feel like tanking atm.

The tank joins (... not too much HP tbh, but hey we all started low) and as the group is ready we start on first groups of trash ...mark targets and go .... and I manage to get the aggro of one mob after the other and my healer starts to gets a bit grumpy on TS ... :P

Ok, I check my stance ... DPS, should be ok.

Next group ... I hold back and give the tank time (more than enough imo) to get aggro, and it works out as he got the desired attention ...
next thing I see is the tank dropping like a wet noodle (at this moment I was making jokes to the healer, as she was our raid healer too), the other 2 dps go down one after the other and in the end I was last man standing (sacrifice pet & every cd I had reduced my repair bill).

I've never been a fan of inspecting other players, but ok let us see what we got:
the tank is not in tank stance and I politely ask him to go into tank stance to keep aggro, while typing these lines to him I start to inspect him (felt bad atm, but not for too long) and realize he had not a single piece of tank gear on him ... stuff can happen (I raided once some bosses with my fishing pole).
So I ask him, if he would mind to put on his tanking gear too
... and the tank replies:
"LOL I can't put anything on as I am not a tank, but I am sure one of you has tanking gear and spec as I only queue as tank to get an instant pop. DPS queues sux. Txs "

I was slightly ... speechless, and yeah ... I changed spec and tanked again.

In the end we finished the instance without further casualties(beside NPCs) and yes, we even kept our "tank".

And after a little chat with him, he mentioned that he would get kicked most of the times, but in the end he would still run more instances this way, compared to joining the queue as dps.

However, I'll try to pug more in the near future to hopefully () add something swtor related to this topic ...