Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lack of Quality Control on Cartel Market items is Disgusting. This is redundant!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lack of Quality Control on Cartel Market items is Disgusting. This is redundant!!!

Magnusheart
06.14.2013 , 01:35 AM | #1
I thought after the Spymaster and Phantom gear vs Classic version fiasco was the last of it. But now? ffffff.

For those who don't know Here is a update on the old issues to bring you up to speed.

What happened before:
When the Cartel market came out. the stock set of armor was bugged horribly due to lake of Quality Control. ALL >ALL< Armor in packs. had their attachments not saved to the item model after it was confirmed. So they were basically naked painted skin. No shoulderpads. not Collars, no hood, just a blank painted body art etc. and in their final phase of production, the ICONS of the items were made to reflect the armor models they were given. NOT what they were intended.

So. When people noticed this **** up people demanded it to be fixed. Because the Phantom Gear, Preceptors etc. looking NOTHING like the advertised picture on the cover advertisement of the pack and felt cheated.

So Bioware maned up and fixed their bugs. And all the people who liked the naked (appearance bugged) made their backlash strike. Making Bioware waste resources and time into making duplicates of the old appearance bugged version. Which would of never been an issue if everything was quality checked.

Then the unique sets were also bugged in the Cartel Market. Revan's set had an outcry of bugs. The Lower Leggings were a 100% different item that never shown on Revan, The Hood clipped with EVERY SINGLE body type/sex with the Revan Mask outside of Male Body type 2. And lastly the ignored Double Hood.

Then in 1.6.2 They fixes the Lower Robe bug, and the hood-mask Clipping bug. While adding a new Light Grey bug where the robes used to be black.

Whats happening now.

Bioware said they are fixing some of the remaining appearance bugs on Cartel Sets. The still broken Revan Set and high hopes of the other Double Hood infected chest pieces from the Cartel Market. in 2.2.1. Yet MORE keep arising after every new patch set of pack items.

Here is a list of my recorded Bugs.
List of current C-item bugs
1. Revan's 2 remaining appearance bugs. Light Grey color bug instead of it being Black for its primary. Double Hood Bug exists, Hood Down should be non existant.
2. Calo Nord's appearance bugs on the helmet. http://oi42.tinypic.com/iwoo55.jpg Look at this? This is brand new and its bugged. = /
3. -Redacted- Unable to confirm Genteel set bugs.
4. - Redacted- Unable to confirm or deny Regal Set bugs
4. Pathfinder's Chestpiece has a Double Hood, the Hood Down should be non existant.
5. Investigator's Chestpiece has a Double Hood, the Hood Down should be non existant.
6. Bastila Shan's Chestpiece's Brown Shoulders clip going inside the body on almost every body type/sex outside of the default standing animation.
Quote: Originally Posted by Snordek View Post
You can add Calo Nord's Jacket to the list of bugged items. The geometry/rigging on the flexible part of the jacket is just... I don't even know. I have yet to see anything like this on any other piece of gear.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u96fz9&s=5
It is slightly less noticeable on other body types, but it's still buggy as all heck on males and females, especially when doing anything other than standing perfectly still in the non-combat idle animation (and even then, as you can see, for certain characters... well, it ain't pretty).
(This isn't counting the recently fixed ones either that happened in the last few patches)

Bioware, I love ya guys. But we are paying cash to buy packs to get these items. Where is the quality control for theses? the list just keeps getting longer.

jankiel
06.14.2013 , 02:10 AM | #2
Quote:
2. Calo Nord's appearance bugs on the helmet. http://oi42.tinypic.com/iwoo55.jpg Look at this? This is brand new and its bugged. = /
This one is awfully bad. Looks like they half-arsed the CM item production.

And people actually pay for this
Coris of The Progenitor
Mandalorian Hunters & Razorwing

GSF Pilot Master Race

LordArtemis
06.14.2013 , 02:17 AM | #3
Aside from the Revan set needed corrections (it is arguably the most important set and should be absolutely accurate IMO) I really don't see a problem with the other minor problems. They are just not important to me.

That doesn't mean that your concerns and/or post does not have merit...it's just my view.

Magnusheart
06.14.2013 , 07:58 PM | #4
The point is, for something we spend $$ to get, it shouldn't have so many flaws like the smokeless ashtray on the Grimlins movies.

LordArtemis
06.14.2013 , 08:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post
The point is, for something we spend $$ to get, it shouldn't have so many flaws like the smokeless ashtray on the Grimlins movies.
Sound logic certainly. In my case I just have little concern over what I see...note I said I, I don't speak for others....I see as minor flaws.

I do, however, feel Revan should be perfect, for obvious reasons.

I have never been one that cared about clipping honestly.

Magnusheart
06.14.2013 , 08:40 PM | #6
Once you know its there, its like a bad itch you can't get rid it, it drives you insane.

Snordek
06.14.2013 , 08:47 PM | #7
You can add Calo Nord's Jacket to the list of bugged items. The geometry/rigging on the flexible part of the jacket is just... I don't even know. I have yet to see anything like this on any other piece of gear.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2u96fz9&s=5
It is slightly less noticeable on other body types, but it's still buggy as all heck on males and females, especially when doing anything other than standing perfectly still in the non-combat idle animation (and even then, as you can see, for certain characters... well, it ain't pretty).

I know this particular piece might not be as iconic as the Revan set, and fewer people might care, or even notice, but the OP's point stands. Buggy items are slipping through the cracks, and if the cartel market is to continue being a profitable venture for BW the cracks need to get smaller.

Regentlord
06.14.2013 , 09:10 PM | #9
The Restored Triumvirate Chest piece from one of the packs seems bugged. It changes colors randomly, can't be dyed, and can't be unify colored.

Magnusheart
06.14.2013 , 09:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Regentlord View Post
The Restored Triumvirate Chest piece from one of the packs seems bugged. It changes colors randomly, can't be dyed, and can't be unify colored.
You cant dye Lore items. Especially not the chests. Not a bug.