Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

AshMidnight
05.28.2013 , 07:05 AM | #91
I feel like Bioware really screwed me over here. I spent countless hours going from planet to planet and was really engaged in the little story and puzzles only to have an H4 thrown at me out of the blue? I had unsubscribed about a week earlier and this quest line had me about to resubscribe for another month or two at least because I was having fun again.

Regardless of whether I can find a team or not (not, fyi), of if the mission is fun or not (idk, haven't been able to run it) you simply cannot tack an H4 on to the end of an extremely long solo chain of missions. You just wasted hours of my time. I understand time sinks in MMO's, but this one lost you a customer.

Thundergulch
05.28.2013 , 07:30 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by AshMidnight View Post
You just wasted hours of my time.
Funny how some people always want to blame others for their own actions.

You... YOU wasted your own time.
YOU!

Ansalem
05.28.2013 , 07:35 AM | #93
yeah how dare bioware make a quest that has you group up with others to complete in this MMO...I mean its not like mmo means massive mulitplayer online or anything...its not like they expect there to be a large pool of players that can work together to accomplish something...I mean its not like you didnt know this already though right? I mean it isnt labeled as a single player game...funny aint it?

AshMidnight
05.28.2013 , 09:37 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
yeah how dare bioware make a quest that has you group up with others to complete in this MMO...I mean its not like mmo means massive mulitplayer online or anything...its not like they expect there to be a large pool of players that can work together to accomplish something...I mean its not like you didnt know this already though right? I mean it isnt labeled as a single player game...funny aint it?
This is the oldest, dumbest argument in the book.

AshMidnight
05.28.2013 , 09:38 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Funny how some people always want to blame others for their own actions.

You... YOU wasted your own time.
YOU!
Semantics.
I used my time on something that turned out to be a waste, which the company could have easily avoided by having the initial contact tell me that after hours of questing, I'll need to try and form a group of 4 that nobody is really willing to do, especially when my playing time is limited to 30-45 minutes.

Thundergulch
05.28.2013 , 09:45 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by AshMidnight View Post
Semantics.
I used my time on something that turned out to be a waste, which the company could have easily avoided by having the initial contact tell me that after hours of questing, I'll need to try and form a group of 4 that nobody is really willing to do, especially when my playing time is limited to 30-45 minutes.
No it's not semantics.
And it's also not that hard to find 3 other people to help you with that Heroic.
They don't even have to have the friggin quest!
If you can't find 3 people....join a guild.
This is an MMO,not a single player rpg.

mikebevo
05.28.2013 , 10:22 AM | #97
I have done this mission 3 times so far on my sawbones, twice with guild members and once because a person that I had done a random HMFP with months ago and happened to put on my friends list whispered me that they needed a healer. Getting a group isnít that difficult and people do not have to be on the mission to help. The funniest part is, while I have finished the Seeker Droid Missions, I havenít gotten past Belsavis with the Macrobinocular quests. I have just done the heroic to help others out. One day I plan on finishing the line and if I canít find a group, I plan to ask guildmates and friends, if they will not come willingly I will threaten them with not healing them next time we are grouped together.

MountainManCoH
05.29.2013 , 09:35 PM | #98
I don't know about nerfing it but we have tried for 2 nights now to get past the turrets. Tonight we took down all the turrets and the 5 droids came out, then when we had 2 or 3 down more started coming out. How do you stop more from spawning?

BSVeritas
06.13.2013 , 06:00 PM | #99
It should be scaled like the rest of the quest line. The rest of the quest line scaled to the size of your group. Why not the last one?
I survived the Release Date Speculation Thread and was waaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Latrodectus
06.26.2013 , 02:05 PM | #100
Just finished this quest with a group of three. Used my Assassin's phase walk to be in two places at once for the puzzles. If you can't finish it with four people, you have my sympathy.