Player Housing

Catharde

I want it. It was great in SWG and I miss it. It allows you to fully immerse in the game, creating homes and cities on planets in areas of your choice. I remember people spending HOURS decorating the inside of their homes. Finding towns in the middle of nowhere and trying to raid them....gooooood times. I guess I am just curious as to how many others have it at the top of their wish list. Or if people even remember it.

Think about it Bioware...think about all the housing related crap you could sell on the cartel market.....yesssss.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have over a dozen chairs in my ship and can only sit in one, I have tons of items but can only put them in a box, I have half a dozen companions but they wont talk to me after their quest line and just stand there......ship housing sucks.

I hate my ship.

*looks at hand*

Damn, I need to get this thing tuned. Ah well, plan B.

*cracks you upside the skull with a baseball bat*

Wait a minute....this isn't my mind control ray.

*wipes bat handle and leaves it beside the body before exiting thread*

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

You're getting ship housing.

*waves hand*

You will deal with it.

Yea, this might be good enough.

I remember this from SWG too, and it was smexy....still, WE NEEDS A VILLA!!

And I haven't seen anything in the patch notes, have they confirmed or given a patch # on when ship housing may happen?

Yea, this might be good enough.

I remember this from SWG too, and it was smexy....still, WE NEEDS A VILLA!!

And I haven't seen anything in the patch notes, have they confirmed or given a patch # on when ship housing may happen?

It's on the wall of crazy at the moment. But they stated the Makeb development is going to be all about Quality of Life stuff, so maybe Ship Housing is under that umbrella. We shall see.

I want it. It was great in SWG and I miss it. It allows you to fully immerse in the game, creating homes and cities on planets in areas of your choice. I remember people spending HOURS decorating the inside of their homes. Finding towns in the middle of nowhere and trying to raid them....gooooood times. I guess I am just curious as to how many others have it at the top of their wish list.

Sorry, it's on my list of things I actively oppose.

Nonsensical "towns" in the middle of planets? No thanks. I'm on a quest. My home is my ship. I don't have time to build a summer home on Balmorra or an apartment on Corellia. I understand the desire, but it doesn't make sense with the setting or the story and the idea of ignoring both of those for the justification of "But SWG had it" only makes it more annoying to me.

You have a home. It's your ship. Decorate that. Show that off. Don't give people the ability to clutter planets with even more immersion-breaking crap.

Personally, I would like to storm the Emperor's chamber with my companions and take his room overlooking Kaas City as my personal dwelling.

One part will be a Jawa trading hub, another a Twi'lek dancing club, and then, finally, a home for me and my sandpeople servants.

Hey ISDcaptain,

I forwarded this along to our Lead Designer, Damion Schubert, and this is our current statement on Player Housing:

“We’re not saying never, but it’s not on our immediate roadmap. If we were to expand on this in some direction, we would first focus on improving the degree that players can customize their ship interiors, but even that feature is a ways down the road.”

Not happening anytime soon.

• Dev Post
I want it. It was great in SWG and I miss it. It allows you to fully immerse in the game, creating homes and cities on planets in areas of your choice. I remember people spending HOURS decorating the inside of their homes. Finding towns in the middle of nowhere and trying to raid them....gooooood times. I guess I am just curious as to how many others have it at the top of their wish list. Or if people even remember it.

Think about it Bioware...think about all the housing related crap you could sell on the cartel market.....yesssss.

I couldn't agree with this more Catharde. I have thoroughly enjoyed player housing in other games including SWG, DAOC, and Wizard101. It's not at the top of my wish list but it's definitely up there. As others have said on the thread it's not in the near term set of updates but it still remains a tantalizing possibility for sometime in the future.

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.B

The problem, now that the game is F2P, is that there is no way BWEA can be assured people would spend enough money to make it worthwhile financially to implement housing. Conceptually, though, it's as good an idea as it was the first 300 times it was suggested.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I couldn't agree with this more Catharde. I have thoroughly enjoyed player housing in other games including SWG, DAOC, and Wizard101. It's not at the top of my wish list but it's definitely up there. As others have said on the thread it's not in the near term set of updates but it still remains a tantalizing possibility for sometime in the future.

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.B

It's good to see you guys are coming out of your holes and communicating. Thank you, it makes me feel a little bit better. :)

Freely decoratable player housing/ships was certainly one of the many gems SWG featured. I spent years decorating houses there. I miss it almost as much as I miss chat bubbles, being able to sit in chairs and the Jump to Lightspeed Space combat simulation and much more. I'd love to see these things, but since we don't even have an approximate ETA or information on which patch they are currently planned for (come on, it can't be that hard, can it?) on features like chat bubbles that were promised to be in for launch or shortly thereafter and later soon over and over again, I'm no longer optimistic that roleplayers will ever get their fix unless Bioware/EA can find a way to milk us for it using the cartel market after the Appearance Designer Kiosk scam where even subscribers are forced to continuously pay cartel coins in order to use the feature.

Edited by Glzmo

Sorry, it's on my list of things I actively oppose.

Nonsensical "towns" in the middle of planets? No thanks. I'm on a quest. My home is my ship. I don't have time to build a summer home on Balmorra or an apartment on Corellia. I understand the desire, but it doesn't make sense with the setting or the story and the idea of ignoring both of those for the justification of "But SWG had it" only makes it more annoying to me.

You have a home. It's your ship. Decorate that. Show that off. Don't give people the ability to clutter planets with even more immersion-breaking crap.

I'm with Malastare on this topic with one deviation - I've never understood the desire. To me when a Player Character in an RPG gets a house, it's when the character is retired and becomes an NPC. Spending hours decorating a house and then sitting in it admiring your decoration is not my idea of an "adventure RPG."

There is such a thing as too much immersion.

I'm with Malastare on this topic with one deviation - I've never understood the desire. To me when a Player Character in an RPG gets a house, it's when the character is retired and becomes an NPC. Spending hours decorating a house and then sitting in it admiring your decoration is not my idea of an "adventure RPG."

There is such a thing as too much immersion.

This definitely falls into the category of "to each their own." And no, there is no such thing as "too much immersion."