Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Encrypted Datacube: Story content in the cartel market?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

invertedknife
06.12.2013 , 04:51 PM | #1
i am sorry but this is completely uncalled for? why are there cutscenes unlocks in the cartel market? these provide interesting information about the story. it is absurd for having to pay for them. that too in gamble boxes. die you learn nothing for 2.1? 2.2 was supposed to be subscriber centric and not u put 'extra scene/bonus content' from one of the most interesting quests in the packs? it is completely wrong!
The Shadowlands: The Blackbird Legacy
Abhi (Jedi Shadow) | A'riya (Jedi Sentinel) | Awnar (Scoundrel) | Gr'ylock (Commando)
Less (Sith Inquisitor)

Caelrie
06.12.2013 , 04:59 PM | #2
Buy them off the GTN in 2 days.

iamthehoyden
06.12.2013 , 05:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Buy them off the GTN in 2 days.
No, wait. If this is story content then it shouldn't be a CM item. I haven't seen it yet, but if it's story, then that's not right to tie it to CM.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

invertedknife
06.12.2013 , 05:01 PM | #4
that's true for any cartel items but the fact remains that having story items is absolutely absurd!
Abhi (Jedi Shadow) | A'riya (Jedi Sentinel) | Awnar (Scoundrel) | Gr'ylock (Commando)
Less (Sith Inquisitor)

AshlaBoga
06.12.2013 , 05:02 PM | #5
I dislike this decision as well OP, but fortunately Dulfy is putting the cutscenes on youtube (or so I heard).

So thanks lwipe.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

chuixupu
06.12.2013 , 05:03 PM | #6
They'll all be up on youtube in short order, and from what I hear you aren't involved in the story in any way just The Shroud talking.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

invertedknife
06.12.2013 , 05:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
No, wait. If this is story content then it shouldn't be a CM item. I haven't seen it yet, but if it's story, then that's not right to tie it to CM.
each cube gives u a quest on Nar Shadda with a 1 minute cutscene of the shroud talking about his plans. there are 4 cubes in total.

also looking at it form the view of people buying cartel packs, they are getting multiple useless items. these cubes are purple items. so people paying for packs are basically being cheated out of one purple item everytime they get a encrypted cube.
Less (Sith Inquisitor)

Caelrie
06.12.2013 , 05:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Why? What's wrong about it?

invertedknife
06.12.2013 , 05:07 PM | #9
eric has repeatedly mentioned REPEATEDLY that all cartel items will be aesthetic only. now people who are interested in the story are forced to purchase the cartel packs hoping to get a cube.

once again they have done something that flies directly against what they have said in the past.
Less (Sith Inquisitor)

iamthehoyden
06.12.2013 , 05:08 PM | #10
I like the Cartel Market, in general, but there is a distinct difference to me between vanity items and convience unlocks and putting honest to goodness quests and story on the CM. That's an awful precedent and one that I'm really really not happy about. To be quite frank, it's bullsh*t.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box