Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cademimu: Stop Standing on the Taxi Ship

ScytheEleven
06.11.2013 , 04:33 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by jasonthelamb View Post
So you don't want the healer to heal when the adds come down, right? Because the adds will run right to the healer if they're healing when he comes down... using the ship is a good idea, and doesn't make the fight any harder - any good tank knows how to position themselves to give the group the best success- I play a melee DPS and never have an issue.
Smash/Discharge/Wither/Flame Sweep/Sweeping Slash > Healing threat

Any of those moves done at the moment the adds appear (i.e. them jetting down from the ship) will register with them and latch them onto the tank. They will only pull off the tank after that if a DPS either 1) hits them with an AoE or 2) targets an add and starts attacking it. Healing will not override the tanks AoE if they continue to use it.

Docmal
06.11.2013 , 06:33 PM | #32
The op is totally wrong. Ranged dps and heals stand on the back of the ship. Tank positions the boss in the rear of the taxi facing the add spawn location. The healer will usually agro the adds and the will pile up right behind the tank in the flames. When the boss dies any adds not killed by his unstable gas will evade and disappear.

I realize that this is exploiting the ship mechanic but it is no different than the box mechanic during trenchcutters on ec nm. The truth is that this is the easiest way for a tank to get throigh the fight even if the dps or healers are big *******.

I mean the other day i had a sentinel with no offhand saber and a gunslinger with 15k hp who used stun grenade on cooldown in his boss rotation.

jasonthelamb
06.11.2013 , 06:43 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post

Any of those moves done at the moment the adds appear (i.e. them jetting down from the ship) will register with them and latch them onto the tank. They will only pull off the tank after that if a DPS either 1) hits them with an AoE or 2) targets an add and starts attacking it. Healing will not override the tanks AoE if they continue to use it.

You obviously dont know any good healers

TemptsFate
06.11.2013 , 09:37 PM | #34
I almost always get this HM FP and I hate it when people insist I stand on the taxi. As a healer, I want to be able to run around and get my own LOS.

I ran this with a group earlier tonight, not only were we all on the ground, the DPS'ers didn't attack the adds, even with an AOE. I threw and agro dump once, maybe twice, and the adds never once looked at anyone other than the tank.

So my thought is, you only need to drag the fight out if your tank is slow, or your DPS don't know how to single target.
Lind'oo, Lind'su, Linfoo
Lindee, Linfa, Lincha, Lindquist

ScytheEleven
06.11.2013 , 09:41 PM | #35
Obviously.

See post above.

wainot-keel
06.11.2013 , 10:31 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post

For the tank, it's about timing his/her aoe attack to get the adds. When stuff spawns, there's that second or two (at least with my lag) when they are there, but not quite there. A liitle moment too soon, and the aoe attack wont hit them because they're immnune or whatever (just like when adds that pop out of elevators)

When I heal that fight (with my sorc), I stand at the wookie's back. If tank initially miss the adds and they go after me, tank will be able to pick them up quite easily.

Top class to screw this fight up: Snipers. They just can't seem to be able to not cast Orbital Strike. They can't seem to be able to stay close and they stay at like 34 meters thinking adds wont catch them there

Snapsix
06.12.2013 , 02:11 AM | #37
You obviously don't know any good tanks

...see what I did there?

zzoorrzz
06.12.2013 , 02:33 AM | #38
Not sure what ship are people are talking about. Personally I like standing on the boxes because it feels cool and more realistic for a sniper than stacking up with melee classes. But I don't mind doing the fight either way. Since most of the people are way overgeard for the fight by now, it doesn't matter which way you do it.

TemptsFate
06.12.2013 , 11:36 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Not sure what ship are people are talking about. Personally I like standing on the boxes because it feels cool and more realistic for a sniper than stacking up with melee classes. But I don't mind doing the fight either way. Since most of the people are way overgeard for the fight by now, it doesn't matter which way you do it.
straight off the elevator you are looking at the back end of a car/ship/thing...you can get on top of that one. thats what we are talking about.
Lind'oo, Lind'su, Linfoo
Lindee, Linfa, Lincha, Lindquist

rawtravel
07.18.2013 , 02:28 PM | #40
I'm Sorc healz and have done this fight many ways. Almost never wipe. Funny thing happened last night. Ranged DPS (both were ranged) and I were on the ship (as ordered by our tank) and all went very smoothly. Wookie dead in no time at all. DPSers jump down and take off to continue onward, following the tank who took off even sooner.

Since tankie had brought the wookie right next to the ship, I did not have to move to click and loot. I'm looking for specific mods and enhancements nowadays, so it take me a bit longer to loot, and by the time I was done the other three in my party were nearly out of sight, on their way to the next fight!

This is when I notice that right behind me, just under the wing, are all 4 (or 5?) piggies....looking up at me like I'm their mommy. I start to move down the nose of the ship and they side-step along with me. Right away I'm back to the rear and they just stand there, all in a group....staring up at me. I swear I wanted to toss them some mackerel or something.

In chat, I'm like "Uh guys? I think we forgot something!" After many LOLs and LMFAOs, they all came back and we had a second fight that I think took longer than it did to kill the wookie! No sweat and we face-rolled the rest of the FP too.

Never seen it where the piggies were completely ignored by the entire party!!