Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not having level 50 ops in group finder makes no sense for casual players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Not having level 50 ops in group finder makes no sense for casual players

XCRunnerohtim
06.11.2013 , 12:13 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ELRunninW View Post
I do not think it is fair to allow level 55 players to come to level 50 operations and abuse lower level players for not being 'geared' properly. Also level 50 players take and should take precedence when matching in a group, not allowing level 55 to join match making process is an easy solution, albeit cheap one. I think these operations should be made available for level 55 players with increased difficulty appropriate to their level,
I'm not sure the types of 55's who would be "abusing" level 50's would be the one's playing lvl 50 ops. The elitest players who often abuse under-geared players are likely already overgeared for lvl 50 ops as is and won't waste their time with them. The focus of the argument to put these ops in GF is to allow players who don't have as much time to play the game experience the storyline of the level 50 ops.

As a first time MMO player, I did not even know what an op was until I hit level 55. By that time, though, I was already locked out of GF for all ops except TFB and SnV. To this day, I've played EV once on HM and had a fantastic time with the story, but it took a LONG time to get a group together. I see where you are coming from, but even if these ops were added to GF most of the players you're worried about will consider themselves "too good" to queue up for a lvl 50 SM op.

Spyderwraith
06.11.2013 , 12:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
How can people be this helpless?
You can easily form groups without group finder.
This logic is flawed if only for the simple reason that prior to ANY Group finder button at all "You could easily find groups without Group Finder" So by this logic it is then that one can assume we have ZERO reason for Group finder to be in the game for ANYTHING AT ALL.

People can find groups easy enough after all

phalczen
06.11.2013 , 01:44 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by XCRunnerohtim View Post
I'm not sure the types of 55's who would be "abusing" level 50's would be the one's playing lvl 50 ops. The elitest players who often abuse under-geared players are likely already overgeared for lvl 50 ops as is and won't waste their time with them. The focus of the argument to put these ops in GF is to allow players who don't have as much time to play the game experience the storyline of the level 50 ops.
I would tend to agree. As I alluded in my OP, the dread guard-geared-and above 55s doing classic ops are probably after vehicles/pets/crafting materials/achievements. Its also possible they are doing the op to help their friends or guildmates who are undergeared, but in that situation they may not be in GF anyway.

I think the risk that a person might get grouped with one or more "griefers" who specifically entered the GF queue to harass undergeared players is significantly lower than the benefits it offers to casual players.

Askesis
06.12.2013 , 12:01 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I would tend to agree. As I alluded in my OP, the dread guard-geared-and above 55s doing classic ops are probably after vehicles/pets/crafting materials/achievements
I think the main reason for level 55's doing them (the only reason I do them, at least) is for the Ultimate coms for the Classic Operations weekly. We normally run them in guild, but sometimes I have to pug it.

I also run 50 HM FP's pretty often, as it's an easy source of Basic coms.

I do think that the 50 ops should be in GF, if for no other reason than to let players go do dailies and whatnot instead of sitting on the fleet for a half hour trying to get a group.

zzoorrzz
06.12.2013 , 02:46 AM | #15
I'm saying this since 2.0 It's ironic that after the update, we have less end game stuff than we had before update. 2 ops vs. 4 ops, 4 HM FP vs... not sure how many lvl 50 HM there is.

They should add old lvl 50 operations HM into GF for lvl 55 people.

Sefarad
06.12.2013 , 03:06 AM | #16
+1 signed, so true.

Ardarell_Solo
06.12.2013 , 03:36 AM | #17
*signed*

group finder should basically include ALL available content, it means additional options for players and could attract players to an MMO who don't have the time to organize in a guild or accumulate a friends list :-)

And it's the decisive point that you can actually play the game while queued in GF rather than picking your nose on the fleet!
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> rDD gesucht: -> hier klicken
T3-M4

Der_Donnervogel
06.12.2013 , 05:34 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Askesis View Post
I think the main reason for level 55's doing them (the only reason I do them, at least) is for the Ultimate coms for the Classic Operations weekly.
I also think this. Playing EC HC is a fast and easy way to get some ultimate coms.

It would be nice if all OPs would also be accessible by the GF. Of course a group can also be gathered with chat requests but the GF would make it easier.

phalczen
06.12.2013 , 10:37 PM | #19
Thanks for the feedback, hopefully this will get some yellow name response

Seireeni
06.13.2013 , 04:03 AM | #20
Yes please, the level 50 ops queues are insane. Takes hours as a tank. And no, I can't assembly an ops group at the fleet at the same time as I'm questing.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy