For Tiriana. PLEASE READ.

Crystal_Star

To the community and Bioware,

I am writing this post today because of a friend and member of the community named Tiriana who plays on the Vrook Lamar Server. I am writing this post today to ask the community to write to Bioware using the question mark icon located on the top screen.

The reason I am asking for this is because I have recently found out that she has been diagnosed with brain cancer. The Doctors have given her 3 more months to live. She has also been getting sick lately due to the chemotherapy treatments she has been receiving. Tiriana has decided that she wants to spend he remaining days with us the community of SWTOR as we bring her great happiness just as she brings the community of Vrook Lamar great happiness whenever she is able to log on. She has also beta tested this game for us as well as participated in the early access program. I am asking Bioware to please do something in game for her so that we can show her that we do care for her and that our hearts will always be with her. I am asking Bioware to please rename a very minor npc after her to let her know that we will never forget her. There are a ton of NPC characters out there with no name and I am hoping that it wouldn't be too much trouble to rename one for her. If it can't be a NPC, just a simple plaque will help alot.

I am also asking the community please write to Bioware and EA to request this as well for our sister. For those who haven't played with her, you'll find that she is a very caring person and beautiful person on the inside. She is a true follower of the light. Please join me in writing a letter ingame to Bioware.

Thank You for your time.

Edited by Crystal_Star

If that what you say is true then i sure have not much words to say...

I'm speechless, but yet i'm happy that she is willing to spend the remaining days with us.

My brother has cancer too, but it's nothing that serious.

Give Tiriana what she wishes and that is a lot of love from all of us <3

Best wishes to Tiriana from Finland

um what question mark? I ask because assuming what you say is true it would be nice. I love the idea of an NPC with her name.

back in the day EQ actually did soemthign similar they placed a monument in the game with the persons name and an nice epitaph. what was nice is latter on people who were not even ingame when it was done would ask about it when they saw it and it would give the people who knew the story about ti to talk about the person. The Ancient greeks belived as long as you remember someone they are immortal

Edited by Baaddare

No.

Please, Bioware, don't turn this into another WoW where every single person who died and had friends who SCREAMED about it on the forums got some stupid little in-game monument to the deceased.

I'm sorry this person is dying (although I think it's rather sad that she wants to spend her final days in a video game rather than, like, going to Europe or the Grand Canyon or some place like we all dream of doing), but how many hundreds (and even thousands) of other gamers will die during this TOR's existence who won't be honored in-game? Most of these people have friends and family who have the decency to MOURN when these things happen rather than demanding a collection of pixels to server as some 'eternal' marker ('eternal' being the 10 years or so that MMOs last).

No more phoenix mounts for Billy just because he has incurable disease X. No more hilltop NPCs for Sarah because she got shot in Iraq. Go honor your loved one at their burial site.

Hell, half my guild is probably dying of heart disease right now, given our lifestyle.

Edited by AJediKnight

I'm sorry. This isn't Make-A-Wish.

if everyone that loved Game XYZ died, and they were "immortalized" like Ezra Phoenix was... there would be too many "Gravestones" in the game. The kid got the world's first Phoenix mount, a weapon named after him (Finely crafted to Ephoenix's specifications) and a quest where they used his voice.

Report me, IDGAF. This is COLD HARD REALITY. Bioware will not Immortalize your friend.

I see no problem in this. If a hundred people died over the course of TOR, then I guess we will have hundreds of uniquely named NPCs. No harm is being done, and no resources or even a minute of time is being wasted. Edited by Bryyn

For those bitter against this for whatever reason, I like to remind you the military honors its dead by naming hospitals and dining facilities after these soldiers

Not every soldier that dies gets something named after them. Only the exceptional ones.

Same applies here.

Just dieing is not enough for any naming.

It's how you lived, and the impact you had.

Edited by DesleDarksyde