Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware, pls, restore my unbound items!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bioware, pls, restore my unbound items!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glower
06.10.2013 , 09:28 AM | #1
My unbound items becomes to bound, but Bioware refuses to help me...
Pls look at this screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/7ADI0P0.jpg

So i lost 4 items (rare cartel items, Music Probe and Life Day Holo-tree for example) because of this "bug"/feature and now i can not sell them on GTN. But Bioware support refuses to replace these items (tickets 9228139 and 9250645... with different reasons, lol!).

This is not my fault, Bioware - help me please!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

TheShootist
06.10.2013 , 09:49 AM | #2
All that image you linked shows is an item that wasn't bound until you activated it. If you don't know there was a change in the game that made items like this bind on use, which seems what you did, sorry BW won't do anything for you, they are working as intended.

the hotbar shortcut can't discriminate between identical items in your inventory and will activate the first one it comes across from left to right top to bottom. It saw that unbound one first and was activated, if your bound one was in that location it would have been activated.

Glower
06.10.2013 , 10:32 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheShootist View Post
the hotbar shortcut can't discriminate between identical items in your inventory and will activate the first one it comes across from left to right top to bottom. It saw that unbound one first and was activated, if your bound one was in that location it would have been activated.
So they cannot restore my items, because of this strange UI mechanics?
But this is not my fault, why do i suffer.
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)

chimex
06.10.2013 , 10:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
So they cannot restore my items, because of this strange UI mechanics?
But this is not my fault, why do i suffer.
Its not a strange UI mechanic. You set up your hotbar to say "ok inventory, I need a banner from this bag when I get clicked" It's working perfectly as intended.

Why you have multiple banners in your inventory (which clearly could do with a bit of a cleaning) while using the banner is beyond me. When adding the banner to the hotkey, did this possibility not once enter your mind?
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Glower
06.10.2013 , 10:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
Its not a strange UI mechanic. You set up your hotbar to say "ok inventory, I need a banner from this bag when I get clicked" It's working perfectly as intended.

Why you have multiple banners in your inventory (which clearly could do with a bit of a cleaning) while using the banner is beyond me. When adding the banner to the hotkey, did this possibility not once enter your mind?
One for me and 3 for GTN!

And no. Cuz I thought this is drag-and-drop not drag-and-random. In Windows if you drag something to toolbar - you drag it, but not something else.

chimex
06.10.2013 , 11:02 AM | #6
One for me and 3 for GTN!

And no. Cuz I thought this is drag-and-drop not drag-and-random. In Windows if you drag something to toolbar - you drag it, but not something else.
True, but if you search, say, 32, you will find every file + folder with "32" in the name. That is what the hotkey function does, it searches your inventory, it does not drag and drop. That is simply something you have to do in order to hotkey it.

This also is true if you have two stacks of one type of medpack, it will calculate the total of both of those stacks and show you the quantity in that hotkey.

Glower
06.10.2013 , 11:11 AM | #7
Okay, but I still do not understand, why they can not restore my items?

chimex
06.10.2013 , 11:26 AM | #8
Okay, but I still do not understand, why they can not restore my items?
I am no BW/EA employee, so I'm not entirely sure why you're asking me. However, my guess would be is that because they are clearly labelled "bind on equip (or, in this case, use)" you still used them.

going back to the medpack situation again. Once you ran out of medpacks and refilled your inventory, they hotkey becomes illuminated again. As you can imagine, a very useful system for the UI so that you don't have to swap the hotkeys for "fresh" ones. This is simply that, but working on your banners. Yes, it's unfortunate that you intended to sell these items. However, you are in a difficult position where you have happily benefited from the same system (with the medpac refills and the multi stacking for hotkey), as well as having knowledge these items are bound if they are used.

Glower
06.11.2013 , 09:14 AM | #9
This is unfair...

Bioware, help me!

oofalong
06.11.2013 , 09:27 AM | #10
I posted about the same issue in the Bug Reports section. I feel this has to be a bug, and the BW should fix/address it as it has implications on Cartel Market items.
The Shadowlands
Read my Annihilation | Watchman Compendium & use my model to figure out how to best gear your toon.
Read my Theorycrafting Articles on Dulfy.net
Confused by all of the Proc Relics? Check out my new and improved relic explanation.
See the best of the best on the Operations Leaderboards
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
You are correct Oofalong.