Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cademimu: Stop Standing on the Taxi Ship

ScytheEleven
06.10.2013 , 03:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowyjowylof View Post
If you use the 2 short cuts (slicing the door and police car terminal), killing the adds will allow you to not have to go past the bonus boss to get enough kills to activate him. The 2 short cuts saves more time than not killing the pigs.
I think your confused. The adds will die from Wookie's flamethrower and instantly from his "Unstable Fuel" channel. This topic wasn't about not killing the adds; it was about not going over and standing on the taxi, which drags the fight out.

VigDiath
06.10.2013 , 03:55 PM | #22
My thoughts are this: If the healer takes less damage standing on the taxi, then I'm all for it.

It does not make the fight last longer if done that way. Why? Because all DPS are focused on the Wookie and not the adds. Last run I did the uggs spawned and went straight for the healer even after I AOE taunted (Shadow Tank or Guardian Tank). When the DPS saw the adds for the healer they started attacking them but I quickly told them to get back on the boss and he was down within moments. Healer barely dropped in health and the adds died as soon as the encounter finished.

This happened on 2 different runs on my Guardian and my Shadow. So if it helps beat the encounter, I'm all for it. It it does it even quicker I'm even happier.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

NeoSeoul
06.10.2013 , 04:50 PM | #23
1. Jump on ship
2. Kill wookie
3. /stuck
4. profit

Just killing the wookie is fine for guilds/friends but for pugs, simplicity rules.

RocketWoofus
06.10.2013 , 07:16 PM | #24
I agree with your comments and the tactics, but for my money whether I tank or DPS the fight, it is squishies on the shuttle. In PUGs or with novice 55 guildies, someone is going to aoe, guaranteed. Many level 55 DPS have to have the term aoe explained to them as we come back from cloning. It may take 30 seconds longer to hunt down the little stragglers, but we win almost every time as opposed to the "I told you not to do that!", followed by "stop running away! I can't agro them from here", followed by "type /stuck healer", followed by "anyone have a healer droid?"

Snapsix
06.11.2013 , 06:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Last run I did the uggs spawned and went straight for the healer even after I AOE taunted (Shadow Tank or Guardian Tank).
Taunting doesn't work you have to quickly aoe damage them and make sure your dps don't use thier aoe and pull them off you.

It's pretty simple:

1. Tank pulls boss
2. Tank saves instant aoe attack for when adds spawn and pulls them into the flamethrower
3. DPS quickly burn down the boss and only the boss
4. DPS refrain from using AOE
5. Healer heals
6. Profit

Lowyjowylof
06.11.2013 , 06:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ScytheEleven View Post
I think your confused. The adds will die from Wookie's flamethrower and instantly from his "Unstable Fuel" channel. This topic wasn't about not killing the adds; it was about not going over and standing on the taxi, which drags the fight out.
I'm not confused...you have to hit the Uggs to get credit for the kill count. If you let the Wookiee kill them you don't get credit. It takes less time to kill them than it does to take the long way (not using the door or police speeder)....
Battle is an orgy of disorder.
George S. Patton

Reno_Tarshil
06.11.2013 , 07:21 AM | #27
No. It's easier for my healer and ranged dps to sit on the Taxi doing the most non tank aggro safely while we burn down the boss quickly and then aoe the adds quickly.

Don't be mad because you hate when people get clever with fight mechanics.

Snapsix
06.11.2013 , 07:50 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
No. It's easier for my healer and ranged dps to sit on the Taxi doing the most non tank aggro safely while we burn down the boss quickly and then aoe the adds quickly.

Don't be mad because you hate when people get clever with fight mechanics.
No it's easier, and faster, to just let the tank aoe the adds and let them burn...only time that is not easier is when your dps are too retarded to understand the instruction "don't use aoe, just focus boss" - if they can't do that then you have bigger problems than where to stand...

ScytheEleven
06.11.2013 , 01:47 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowyjowylof View Post
I'm not confused...you have to hit the Uggs to get credit for the kill count. If you let the Wookiee kill them you don't get credit. It takes less time to kill them than it does to take the long way (not using the door or police speeder)....
Again, not trying to sound rude, but I do believe you are confused. Via the method I describe, the tank IS hitting the adds when they first spawn in order to gather them up. So initial damage is being dealt by the tank. Letting the Wookie finish them off does indeed count them towards the bonus.

Quote: Originally Posted by Snapsix View Post
No it's easier, and faster, to just let the tank aoe the adds and let them burn...only time that is not easier is when your dps are too retarded to understand the instruction "don't use aoe, just focus boss" - if they can't do that then you have bigger problems than where to stand...
Good response is good!

jasonthelamb
06.11.2013 , 02:49 PM | #30
So you don't want the healer to heal when the adds come down, right? Because the adds will run right to the healer if they're healing when he comes down... using the ship is a good idea, and doesn't make the fight any harder - any good tank knows how to position themselves to give the group the best success- I play a melee DPS and never have an issue.