Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Should we save our TFB "Lock out"?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Should we save our TFB "Lock out"?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CrashDDL
06.11.2013 , 05:28 AM | #1
I think many of us wonder if there is a chance for the delayed patch to make it later this week or not... We moved S&V for today but by tomorrow night it would be very helpful to know if we should just go ahead and do TFB HM or wait... Knowing if the patch would reset lock out would also help a lot. Can we get a confirmation from the DEV's on this?

I don't expect anyone coming in here to say "It will be out on Friday", but I would imagine that based on the seriousness of the problem, the DEV team already have an idea whether this is possible to fix fast or not.

Jerba
06.11.2013 , 05:39 AM | #2
This is the only statement we got regarding the patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL4eGNjDeYU&t=2m10s.
So it sounds like they may be able to fix the bugs this week and bring out 2.2 on Thursday or Friday like they did before for patches. But of course. there is always the chance that they won't make it in time. Since they are usually not working on the weekend, I would expect the patch to come next Tuesday in that case. Based on previous patches, I would expect the lockout to carry over, and that HM and NiM will share their lockout.

In my raid group, we have scheduled the TFB raid for Friday. If 2.2 is not out by then, we'll run HM. I would encourage you to do the same and run TFB during the weekend. Unless of course you are in hardcore progression guild that has taken the whole week off for vacation and will be able to raid on any day at any time as soon as the patch is live to claim a World First.

CrashDDL
06.11.2013 , 05:45 AM | #3
Thank you for that, they said "It needs to be this week" so that sounds promising. That is all I needed really...

EricMusco
06.11.2013 , 09:04 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by CrashDDL View Post
I think many of us wonder if there is a chance for the delayed patch to make it later this week or not... We moved S&V for today but by tomorrow night it would be very helpful to know if we should just go ahead and do TFB HM or wait... Knowing if the patch would reset lock out would also help a lot. Can we get a confirmation from the DEV's on this?

I don't expect anyone coming in here to say "It will be out on Friday", but I would imagine that based on the seriousness of the problem, the DEV team already have an idea whether this is possible to fix fast or not.
Great question Crash! I checked with the devs and I would recommend holding your lockout. I have no confirmed release yet but we are trying our best to get it out ASAP, like Jeff said, this week! Hopefully I will have more information on the 2.2 release very soon.

To reiterate, if you want to hit NM TFB this week I would recommend holding your lockout. I will update as soon as I can, especially if that changes!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Beaunidle
06.11.2013 , 09:09 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Great question Crash! I checked with the devs and I would recommend holding your lockout. I have no confirmed release yet but we are trying our best to get it out ASAP, like Jeff said, this week! Hopefully I will have more information on the 2.2 release very soon.

To reiterate, if you want to hit NM TFB this week I would recommend holding your lockout. I will update as soon as I can, especially if that changes!

-eric
Fair enough, pretty clear. Best efforts to get it out this week and lockouts won't be reset.

znihilist
06.11.2013 , 09:24 AM | #6

-eric
Why don't you just put it on a different lockout all together ? It is a different difficulty with new gear...
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

TUXs
06.11.2013 , 09:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Why don't you just put it on a different lockout all together ? It is a different difficulty with new gear...
No kidding. I find the lockout timers a foolish gating mechanic as it is. Separate the 3 tiers since you (Bioware) seem to consider it something "new" vs. HM. I don't, but since you do, I feel it's only right to have individual timers...or is that beyond your technical abilities too?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer/7-day sub/Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Spyderwraith
06.11.2013 , 09:42 AM | #8

-eric
Hi Eric,
Not sure if you will reply, and I'm sure there are a dozen threads with this question. But Why isn't Nightmare mode on a seperate lockout? Especially if it includes a new tier of gear?
Thanks in advance for any reply

EDIT: I see that was asked two posts above mine lol i will keep my question here though

Beaunidle
06.11.2013 , 09:45 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
That would be very nice to have. It would effectively add to the quantity of end game content which would be a good thing for the game.

I'd imagine the easiest approach would be to flag it as a different raid like EV/KP/EC/S&V are different from TfB.

Rhesus_TOR
06.11.2013 , 10:05 AM | #10
+1 for NM to be on a different lockout. It's been stated again and again, but it is worth repeating.