Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakghoul Event is NOT Returning

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rakghoul Event is NOT Returning
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChewyYui
06.10.2013 , 04:33 PM | #21
Really sad to see this news ):
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

BruceMaclean
06.10.2013 , 04:45 PM | #22 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Ahh sarcasm, you double edged blade. We suggested that it couldn't possibly return because the plague has been contained. What are the odds, right? Truth is, we were all dripping with sarcasm, and just trying to have a bit of fun! Sorry for any resulting confusion.

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards. But not within the near term set of updates.
Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Magnusheart
06.10.2013 , 04:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Ahh sarcasm, you double edged blade. We suggested that it couldn't possibly return because the plague has been contained. What are the odds, right? Truth is, we were all dripping with sarcasm, and just trying to have a bit of fun! Sorry for any resulting confusion.

So let me clarify: A resurgence of the Rakghoul plague is something we would like to do and is actually currently in the cards. But not within the near term set of updates.
SHocked so few people understood it was when you said KEEP YOUR RAKGHOUL DNA.

This is good, because once this, and the GAR event come back. it doesnt make the achivement title "sharp dresser" impossible without having their outfits. Hope more or alternatives are in the future too.

ikinai
06.10.2013 , 04:53 PM | #24

So you're saying there is a new double edged sword being added to the loot table for the rakghoul plague event called Sarcasm? Sweet. What's it look like?
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

Taratahi
06.10.2013 , 04:59 PM | #25
Thank you Mister Bruce for clarifying... Surprising that you get more information on forums by regulary checking dev tracker than staying up late ( for Central European standards) and getting scheiße for your sleep.

Alec_Fortescue
06.10.2013 , 05:01 PM | #26
Mad @ new event being right before my exams -_-

Ugolino
06.10.2013 , 05:08 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
First the devs said the Rakghoul event would be returning. Now, in today's livestream, they said it will not be returning.

Is everyone who didn't participate in the Rakghoul event (or only one side of it) now screwed on the "Sharp Dresser" title? The Republic Containment Officer outfit is the last one I need for it.
Incompetent devs give mixed messages to TOR community, news at 11.

idnewton
06.10.2013 , 05:09 PM | #28
If you have any cards, there isn't a better time to play them than now. The community is flipping out, and rightly so.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Feztonio
06.10.2013 , 05:11 PM | #29
i've got a bunch of 99 stacks of rakghul dna sitting in a bank here haha. do i delete it or is it worth saving still
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

iimagiicii
06.10.2013 , 05:15 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
If you have any cards, there isn't a better time to play them than now. The community is flipping out, and rightly so.
"rightly so" lol

entitlement at it's finest. #mmoplayers

seriously though yeah you pay your monthly sub like most of us and yeah you have your opinion but some people on here and the stream are just children. Mistakes happen, bad times come with the good, move on.
Jedi CovenantI Am Crysta!
"He's a good healer" - Yolo "Could do better" - Bora
"Makes me heal" - Murda "Rage quits like no other" - Everyone
All operations done pre 4.0 cause I'm cool like that.
Twitch Stream