Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

iamthehoyden
06.10.2013 , 02:10 PM | #131
This delay really couldn't have been surprising to anyone...could it??

They've been very clear that the release dates are TARGET dates, as in not carved into stone and dropped from on high. I get that it's inconvienent to have taken off work in order to enjoy a new patch, but delays of new patches happen so often in mmos, in general, and swtor, in particular, that this cannot be a surprising situation. I'm glad that 1) they're being clear about the delay and why and 2) that they're not releasing an unstable patch in order to hit an arbitrary date. I'd take this experience to heart and plan for there to be delays the next major patch as well - this is pretty much par for course.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

sithaztec
06.10.2013 , 02:13 PM | #132
Could you at least tell us if the patch is planned for this coming raid week? Assuming NiM shares the lockout with hard mode, it would be cool to know if we should save our TFB runs this week for eventual NiM attempts or if we can go into hard mode for the week.

Thanks.

Cyoti
06.10.2013 , 02:13 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To clarify two points in the thread. Although I don't have exact timing yet, Game Update 2.2 will not be tomorrow (6/11) at all. The maintenance is delayed past tomorrow.

As for the specific bug. What we needed to fix were some critical bugs inside of the the new Nightmare Mode Operation, which would need to be fixed before the Update went live. Upon implementing those fixes the Game Update itself became unstable. That is what we are working through now.

Hope that gives a bit of insight.

-eric
Eric,

'presh on the communication. i'm usually in game more than i am here, but it seems you guys are doing much better lately.

can you clarify if server transfers have to be postponed as well?

thanks again!

Cy
Squadron 11-11-11Never Forget

Grimsblood
06.10.2013 , 02:17 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
This delay really couldn't have been surprising to anyone...could it??

They've been very clear that the release dates are TARGET dates, as in not carved into stone and dropped from on high. I get that it's inconvienent to have taken off work in order to enjoy a new patch, but delays of new patches happen so often in mmos, in general, and swtor, in particular, that this cannot be a surprising situation. I'm glad that 1) they're being clear about the delay and why and 2) that they're not releasing an unstable patch in order to hit an arbitrary date. I'd take this experience to heart and plan for there to be delays the next major patch as well - this is pretty much par for course.
Um, yeah........the target date that was released (11th) was a target date and we knew this. When they posted that there will be maintenance on the 11th and 2.2 will be deployed......................that was an official released date. It was very *unlucky* for them to not have the patch actually FINISHED when they gave the official release date. This is bad business management, nothing more nothing less. When a business is managed badly, it fails.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

EricMusco
06.10.2013 , 02:19 PM | #135 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

jibboo
06.10.2013 , 02:20 PM | #136
And there it is...
Zimbra - Assassin

Pistols
06.10.2013 , 02:22 PM | #137
Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric
/cry

iamthehoyden
06.10.2013 , 02:22 PM | #138
Hey folks,

-eric
Disappointing, very disappointing, but, as I said in a prior post, not unexpected. This is par for course.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Cyoti
06.10.2013 , 02:23 PM | #139
Hey folks,

-eric
not what i wanted to hear, but still i appreciate the update. i'm a 'chievement hound so i definitely don't want all the work i've done to be lost.

thanks again eric, 'presh!

Cy
Squadron 11-11-11Never Forget

Darxpan
06.10.2013 , 02:23 PM | #140
/boo Grab the torches and the pitchforks!!