[Bug] - Collections: Advanced White Hawkeye Crystal

Lord_Of_Sith

I have an advanced white hawkeye crystal. It is equipped in my lightsaber, it is bound. I have removed it from my lightsaber and reequipped it, but it will not trigger as being part of my collection with the new 'Collections' feature.

It may be because its the "original" White Hawkeye crystal that was in-game before the Cartel Market existed. I had the same problem, and it would be nice if they made that item collectible, seeing as how it was "A One Time Thing," until they put it on the CM -,-'

• 3 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hello there,

I wanted to step in and clarify the confusion around the Collections system and color crystals: while there are several crystals in the game that have the same stats and/or colors as those in the Cartel Market, and Collections will only track those that are from the CM. The easiest way to check for this is to see if your crystal has a cartel symbol on the icon. Those that do will be tracked, and those that don't will not.

Hope this helps!

Hello there,

I wanted to step in and clarify the confusion around the Collections system and color crystals: while there are several crystals in the game that have the same stats and/or colors as those in the Cartel Market, and Collections will only track those that are from the CM. The easiest way to check for this is to see if your crystal has a cartel symbol on the icon. Those that do will be tracked, and those that don't will not.

Hope this helps!

This seems like a horrible oversight in my opinion.

Speaking of which, does this also apply to Revan's Mask if bought from the Embargoed Items vendor using Cartel Certificates? It has a reputation icon on it, not a Cartel Market one.

Hello there,

Hope this helps!

It would seem that the fairest way to give collections status to players who bought the original white crystals would be to upgrade all of the old crystals to their respective cartel versions.

Between the achievements system and items like the white vendor-sold weapons crystals, Bioware is building for itself an appearance of not caring about long-time players.

Edited by Rhesus_TOR

Hello there,

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the clarification. not the on i was hoping to hear but at least it wasnt the "will need to log into the character...also be bound to your character" answer.

• 1 month later...
Hello there,

Hope this helps!

Ok that's fine, but I have bought 3 cartel Advanced XXX Crystals from GTN, equipped them on various characters, and they are not showing in my collection. One of them was done weeks ago and it is still not showing up.

Edited by echmyr

Not sure if this is related or not, but I also can't get Stalwart Protector set added to my collection, nor can my wife get Valiant Jedi set added despite having full sets bound in both cases. Perhaps this bug extends beyond just crystals?

It would seem that the fairest way to give collections status to players who bought the original white crystals would be to upgrade all of the old crystals to their respective cartel versions.

Between the achievements system and items like the white vendor-sold weapons crystals, Bioware is building for itself an appearance of not caring about long-time players.

Why? When you bought the original white crystals, no one told you you would get it unlocked in Collections. There was no Collections.

So you bought an item, knowing exactly what it would do for you. And now you want value added to it retroactively - and you feel cheated when BW tell you no?

You bought a crystal that you knew would bind to one player. You still have a crystal that is bound to one player. What is unfair about that? No one deceived you. You got exactly what you paid for.

Collections is for Cartel stuff only. Hence why any non-cartel stuff does not feature. Why do you deserve an exception for this one specific item? My Orosquab isn't in Collections either. Why should it be?