Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Qvasar
06.10.2013 , 10:17 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Huckdabuck View Post
NOOOOO! If they deploy a buggy patch then you'd be on here in short time QQ'n about an EPIC fail by BW along with everyone else. Just take the delay on the chin and be happy that they found the issue prior to implementing the patch. Even if it's a week.....how long have people been clamoring for the server transfers???? I'm sure it won't kill them to wait a little longer!
That is not the issue. If they found the bug a week ago they could have delayed it for as long as needed. But right now the damage is done.

What needs to be weighed is the severity of allowing said bug to go live vs messing up everyone who scheduled their lives around this. This is why many people are asking what the bug is. If it's something like "unify colors isn't working" or "TfB NiM first boss can't be killed", or "ranked warzone queue is broken".

Bugattiboy
06.10.2013 , 10:17 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
We complain when updates have too many bugs, and we complain when they don't implement a buggy update. Sheesh.
No, we complain because it seems to be impossible for them to set a target date and hit that target.

xXSeanzyXx
06.10.2013 , 10:21 AM | #43
Scheduled their lives around this? Wowsers.

Ejou
06.10.2013 , 10:24 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
^ qft

Knowing what the issue doesn't even matter, the fact they recognized an issue that was bad and held it up, is a big step IMO from past updates. Sorry people.
It really does matter. If the issue is something unimportant id rather just wait for that for another week and get majority of the patch tomorrow. Much rather that than wait an extra day for the whole patch.
Ejou Gunslinger- Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse

EricMusco
06.10.2013 , 10:25 AM | #45 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
To clarify two points in the thread. Although I don't have exact timing yet, Game Update 2.2 will not be tomorrow (6/11) at all. The maintenance is delayed past tomorrow.

As for the specific bug. What we needed to fix were some critical bugs inside of the the new Nightmare Mode Operation, which would need to be fixed before the Update went live. Upon implementing those fixes the Game Update itself became unstable. That is what we are working through now.

Hope that gives a bit of insight.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Reno_Tarshil
06.10.2013 , 10:25 AM | #46
I'd rather have a stable patch filled as less bugs as possible, than a bug they found that caused too many harmful bugs go live. All you other people who scheduled your lives around this better have learned a lesson.

kdpiquette
06.10.2013 , 10:27 AM | #47
What about server transfers?

cycao
06.10.2013 , 10:28 AM | #48
Makes sense to hold off on a criticle bug that involves PvE. Good thing bolster has been working as intended since the test server..oh wait.

Qvasar
06.10.2013 , 10:29 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To clarify two points in the thread. Although I don't have exact timing yet, Game Update 2.2 will not be tomorrow (6/11) at all. The maintenance is delayed past tomorrow.

As for the specific bug. What we needed to fix were some critical bugs inside of the the new Nightmare Mode Operation, which would need to be fixed before the Update went live. Upon implementing those fixes the Game Update itself became unstable. That is what we are working through now.

Hope that gives a bit of insight.

-eric
Eric thank you for the reply. I still think it is a terrible practice to schedule an update which isn't finished. Why not make sure it is final and then schedule the update? You would avoid these kinds of situations.

Anyway, one question still remains. Does this mean transfers are delayed aswell?

Ejou
06.10.2013 , 10:29 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
I'd rather have a stable patch filled as less bugs as possible, than a bug they found that caused too many harmful bugs go live. All you other people who scheduled your lives around this better have learned a lesson.
What exactly would that lesson be? Not to have any interest in competing for world firsts etc? Or maybe just that its time i moved on from SWTOR.

They clarified the problem now so for me personally, i can accept its more than likely the best course of action and it just sucks for me and the others who made plans.
Ejou Gunslinger- Nostrum Dolus - The Red Eclipse