Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cademimu: Stop Standing on the Taxi Ship

ScytheEleven
06.09.2013 , 11:29 AM | #1
For Captain Grimyk (Wookie flamethrower), I always have one person in the group start running towards the Taxi Ship sitting by the boss encounter and then proceed to say "Hey tank, drag him over here! It makes it so easy!"

No. No it does not. It makes the fight take forever.

The fight is very, very, very simple: do not AoE or DPS the adds when they spawn.

The adds will NOT run off to the healer if the tank hits them quickly with an AoE when they come down. And yes, the adds WILL die from the Wookie's flamethrower still, it's just not instant like in SM. However, the adds will pull off the tank if a DPS herpty-derps and DPS'es one of them or AoE's. So don't do that. Be smart.

The problem with kiting the Wookie over to the ship is it causes the adds to scatter around the ship, and thus they do not die instantly during the Wookie's channel of "Unstable Fuel". The adds have close to 100k, so if you've got all the adds running around the taxi ship, odds are you are going to have spend time at the end killing each add...and that takes forever.

TL;DR

Stop trying to get the tank to kite the wookie to the taxi. Don't AoE or DPS the adds, let the tank pick them up. They also shrug off taunts like it's their job.

Gyronamics
06.09.2013 , 12:01 PM | #2
I had this garbage the other day.

Tank says and then actually does drag the furbag miles away, we have to kill him there and then there were all the 85k adds to kill afterwards.

It's screamingly simple, you nuke him where he stands and everyone gathers on him at the end during unstable fuel to fry all the teddy bears who will gather round.

Only been forced to do that stupid other way once and it was a pain in the ***.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

SturmUndSterne
06.09.2013 , 01:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
I had this garbage the other day.

Tank says and then actually does drag the furbag miles away, we have to kill him there and then there were all the 85k adds to kill afterwards.

It's screamingly simple, you nuke him where he stands and everyone gathers on him at the end during unstable fuel to fry all the teddy bears who will gather round.

Only been forced to do that stupid other way once and it was a pain in the ***.
Or, maybe, you could y'know, use tactics, teamwork, and communication, and have the healer bring the adds right next to the wookiee as the channel is going off that indicates he's about to explode? You've got 5 seconds or more to get the adds next to him. All it takes is a tiny bit of awareness ..

Fiamma_Verde
06.09.2013 , 02:04 PM | #4
I know this drives me nuts! I heal and even when I say that I know what to do if the adds focus me everyone still insist on standing on the boxes.

Guess that they don't realize how stupidly long it makes everything.

Phelnis
06.09.2013 , 02:24 PM | #5
This Thread needs more comments
Marnis'necro 60Sentinel, Marnis 55Sage, GabuYoshi 57Commando
Marnis'soulja 55Assassin , Phelnis'necro 55Operative

Gyronamics
06.09.2013 , 03:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SturmUndSterne View Post
Or, maybe, you could y'know, use tactics, teamwork, and communication, and have the healer bring the adds right next to the wookiee as the channel is going off that indicates he's about to explode? You've got 5 seconds or more to get the adds next to him. All it takes is a tiny bit of awareness ..
What part of my post says I don't know the mechanics.

I'm saying the tactic described of pulling the boss away sucks.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

chuixupu
06.09.2013 , 03:17 PM | #7
I really don't care how people choose to do this. Do it the standard way, easy enough, even if the dps pulls the adds all over the place and run away, in which at least half the time is the case, and we still have to kill all the adds after the wookiee dies. Stand on the ship, just be prepared to pull all the adds to the boss before he explodes, no problem.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

xOxDarkyxOx
06.09.2013 , 05:47 PM | #8
I don't see a problem with taking the boss over to the ship as a tank. Don't be **** and position the boss so that it faces the adds. If the adds are spread, then AOE taunt them or get their attention.

ScytheEleven
06.09.2013 , 08:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by xOxDarkyxOx View Post
I don't see a problem with taking the boss over to the ship as a tank. Don't be **** and position the boss so that it faces the adds. If the adds are spread, then AOE taunt them or get their attention.
AoE taunt does nothing if they make a bee-line to another player besides the tank. Sure, you'll round em up for 5 seconds, then they drop aggro and go back to the person they started on.

Again, fight is stupid simple: do NOT DPS the adds. Tank, when you see the little buggers jetting down, hit discharge/wither/flame sweep/smash/sweeping slash/anything that is an AoE and they will be stuck to you like glue (again, unless your DPS AoE's or DPS them).

So much simpler than kiting over to the taxi.

AidanLightwalker
06.09.2013 , 10:12 PM | #10
agree
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage