Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crew Skill Headache!?!

NinjaNard
06.07.2013 , 09:47 AM | #1
Hi all!
I currently have a lvl 47 Sith Tank with Cybertech, Scavenging and UT, and a lvl 29 Merc with Biochem, Bioanalysis and diplomacy all maxed out!
Now I know Biochem is great as an endgame craft but cybertech certainly isn't!
I'm considering creating 4 additional alts to help make credits levelling them to get two companions then run missions for mats...
My main question is should I switch out my Cybertech skills and hammer Bioanalysis or maybe sythweaving for augments?!? Dependant on which I chose which skills should my low level alts chose ?!?
I log on a fair bit everyday so running multiple missions for mats is all good just having trouble deciding on a 'profitable' area of expertise!
Any help appreciated!

psandak
06.07.2013 , 01:31 PM | #2
LIke all other crafting crew skills Cybertech offers great entry level end-game stuff. Furthermore, if you are really into end-game you have the opportunity to learn even better armoring and mod schematics. Doing so can be expensive but if you get one or two chances are you'll be swimming in credits before long.

That being said, this is coming from a player who just does not swap out crew skills. I spend a lot of time working on them and to abandon all that effort is really hard for me.

IIIGinoIII
06.07.2013 , 01:40 PM | #3
I personally have a Crew Skill for everything. I base my decision on which companions have the best crit for that crew skill. IE: Smuggler is Armstech. I have a gatherer toon too. My Shadow gathers ARCH, SCAV, and BIO. He's nice to have when farming with Stealth and Force Speed.

Overall the market changes weekly. What is hot and what is not. You need to read forums to get some tips. IE: PvP forums are exploding because of certain exploits by using non-PvP gear.

caronome
06.07.2013 , 03:45 PM | #4
IMO, if you were starting crafting alts that you were going to level past 1 or two companions, then cyber is your most important skill: Orange gear and and armorings/mods solves your gearing issues as you level.

Now that reusable bio is less powerful than consumable, bio is "merely" cheaper and more convenient. No skill is mandatory at end game. The only other skill that get a reusable is cyber (grenades.)