Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Devs, Please Revert to Old Set Bonus for Arsenal, Find Another Way to Balance Pyro

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Devs, Please Revert to Old Set Bonus for Arsenal, Find Another Way to Balance Pyro

06.04.2013 , 02:07 AM | #11

Also could we please get an actual offensive cooldown? Why is Battle Focus/Explosive Fuel not a baseline trooper/bounty hunter ability?
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

06.04.2013 , 02:26 AM | #12

Why not have 2set give 15% TM crit and lower RS cost by X amount and keep the 8% RS boost for 4set.

Would be more in line with the set bonus boosts marauders & snipers got.

(play all 3)

06.04.2013 , 08:06 AM | #13
I've no experience with pyro at all, but if I understand it correctly, the problem wthi the old set bonus was that pyro fired their rail shots for free anyway, making it so the 4-piece was essentially useless.

So how about making it so that instead of reducing the cost of rail shot make it so railshot refunds 8 heat when fired. That'd make the bonus useful to both specs, assuming pyro can use the extra heat.

Edit: and obviously /signed

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

06.04.2013 , 09:57 AM | #14
/signed. It doesn't seem right that we could lose so much aim to get a set bonus 3 tiers behind us and still do as much dps as current "Best in Slot".

Granted I see this changing as the loss of aim over takes the set bonus of -8 heat cost. But still. I don't see the reasoning behind the set bonus change..

06.04.2013 , 01:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kameki View Post
If at the very least they want to keep the 8% RS damage 4set, I think they should update the older set bonuses as well.
Please don't put this in their head haha...its what i fear WILL be the answer to this thread...

I'm going to update OP with ideas that I like.

06.05.2013 , 01:15 AM | #16

Would love to see Pyro looked at again.

Would love the old 4pc back for when i play Arsenal.

06.07.2013 , 12:11 AM | #17

06.07.2013 , 03:30 PM | #18

It is really more fun to play with the old bonus, just because it feels like the rotation itselfs works. I am not that interested in more dps, but in the old feeling of arsenal merc.

Berhaps BW could introduce an cylinder dependend 4er bonus (with a kind of buff or something), which gives 0 heat costs for high velocity cylinder and 8% more dmg for the combustible gas cylinder. This would solves all problems xD

And plz dont forget to fix the upgraded arsenal nerf.

And thx alot odawgg for carring the mandolarian flag for us!

06.07.2013 , 03:58 PM | #19
/ signed

06.07.2013 , 04:06 PM | #20
The Deathwatch Legacy
Bracus:Kractious:Thantatos:Collumbiana:Shocktodeat h:Breakus:Akada