Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tutorial Stream: Scum and Villiany Hard Mode

vVvCheese
06.04.2013 , 03:07 AM | #1
Later today (Tuesday 6/4 at 8:30PM EDT, which is approximately 15 and a half hours from the time of this post), MoX Emerald will be doing a full breakdown of Scum and Villainy Hard Mode (8 man). Nearly everyone in the raid group is a member of the US first clear of the 16 Man version of the operation. We'll discuss mechanics, necessary gear, and be available to answer any questions you may have regarding proper execution of these fights. We enjoy clearing the content quickly and efficiently, and we want to help you do the same.

On hand we'll have high level players of all roles available to help you understand what you need to do in each fight.

This will be streamed live at www.twitch.tv/moxtenebris, and I will be explaining all the decision making of the raid as I tank the content. You'll able to hear our live Mumble chat as well, so you can understand what kind of communication is going on.

We all look forward to seeing you in chat and answering any questions you may have!

A VOD will be available after the stream, and do feel free to contact me with any questions you may have before, during, or after the stream. If this is successful, we would like to continue doing these for all the current and future content.
Tenebras
Pre 2.0 Warstalker, Pre 2.4 Dragonslayer/From Beyond
Conqueror of the Dread Fortress, Pre 2.8 Gate Crasher
Death and Taxes - Prophecy of the Five

Arahakust
06.04.2013 , 06:37 PM | #2
Live.
-=Memories of Xendor=-

youtube.com/memoriesofxendor

VarekRayth
06.04.2013 , 07:33 PM | #3
Much appreciated. I'll be giving it a look for sure once I'm off work.

vVvCheese
06.04.2013 , 10:25 PM | #4
A VOD of the full run is available here: http://www.twitch.tv/moxtenebris/c/2380627
Tenebras

namesaretough
06.04.2013 , 10:28 PM | #5
What an excellent idea! Kudos to you guys for doing this.
Smugglin

AAAAzrael
06.05.2013 , 09:58 AM | #6
Instead of running our own run of S&V we mostly followed your run It was fun to watch!

I noticed one thing - is it normal that you often loose 1-2DPS early in the fight or just random mistakes?

Anyway you made it look so easy it was actually painful to watch for me I wish I was this good. It was interesting to see someone actually using the ability of vanguard to be ranged tank I underestimated the class before I think.

vVvCheese
06.05.2013 , 10:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AAAAzrael View Post
Instead of running our own run of S&V we mostly followed your run It was fun to watch!

I noticed one thing - is it normal that you often loose 1-2DPS early in the fight or just random mistakes?

Anyway you made it look so easy it was actually painful to watch for me I wish I was this good. It was interesting to see someone actually using the ability of vanguard to be ranged tank I underestimated the class before I think.
Thank you for watching, I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

I think the fact that I was mostly concentrating on watching chat and we were discussing what to talk about, etc led to a few silly mistakes here and there that we don't normally have, but hey, we aren't perfect! I definitely remember getting totally caught up in answering a question and just simply not taunting when I needed to on a really basic mechanic at least once which almost wiped us! Good raiding isn't necessarily about not making any mistakes, but about dealing with them when they occur and getting the boss down anyway.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about vanguards, our tanks were Assassin (shadow) and Juggernaut (Guardian).
Tenebras

zXBurntToastXz
06.07.2013 , 03:00 AM | #8
My guild has just recently started clearing hm regularly, but It will be interesting to see how others do it, Ill be sure to tune in