Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when are we getting that free name change?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So when are we getting that free name change?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Soobydoo
06.06.2013 , 12:04 PM | #1
This we noted back a few months ago, but we have yet to get it for us subscribers, what gives BW?

I had done a search for "free name change" in the forum search but every link that was in old post that showed them saying this have been replaced with new links. So, don't have a links for you but if you do the same search, i can assure you that they did post that subscribers were so post to get a free name change.

Here the best one i found, so from now on I'm just going to have to screen shot the information they post because they seem to go back on their word often.

Quote:
PLAYER CONVENIENCE SERVICES
Take advantage of a number of new Convenience Services that further enhance your gameplay experience. You can individually purchase the ability to change each of the following in the Consumables section of the Cartel Market:

Character Rename
Legacy Rename
Guild Rename
Escrow Deduction: If you are a Free-to-Play or Preferred Status Player who is at your credit cap, you can transfer credits from your Escrow (overflow) account to your game account. For more information, visit: www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/free/features.

NOTE: Subscribers receive one free Character Rename. Not a Subscriber? Subscribe now.

Trollokdamus
06.06.2013 , 12:10 PM | #2
Still waiting for it as well. I have just one character i want to rename, so not wasting CC nor credits on something i was promised to have for free.

Pistols
06.06.2013 , 12:11 PM | #3
Would be nice to get some communication on this...

Soobydoo
06.06.2013 , 12:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Still waiting for it as well. I have just one character i want to rename, so not wasting CC nor credits on something i was promised to have for free.
Yeah i know right, I too just had one guy i wanted to change, but when it came out they said we would get our free one on a later date. My guess is that they wanted to get as much money as they can before giving out the well deserved free name change to their loyal subscribers that have been paying them. I would assume that it would just take a week after it went live, to get all of the people who just couldn't wait for the free one and just cave into spend their money, so, what give BW?

EricMusco
06.06.2013 , 01:19 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Well timed, I just got an update on this today and didn't want to have to necro a thread on the topic!

If you look at our landing page for Game Update 2.1 we mentioned that all subscribers will be getting their free name change in June. Around that same time I made a post on the forums that our target was to get that in for Game Update 2.2. Unfortunately it looks like that we are still working through some things to get that in place and it will not be coming with 2.2.

Our current plan is that this will still happen in June, just not with Game Update 2.2.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Jonoku
06.06.2013 , 01:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Well timed, I just got an update on this today and didn't want to have to necro a thread on the topic!

If you look at our landing page for Game Update 2.1 we mentioned that all subscribers will be getting their free name change in June. Around that same time I made a post on the forums that our target was to get that in for Game Update 2.2. Unfortunately it looks like that we are still working through some things to get that in place and it will not be coming with 2.2.

Our current plan is that this will still happen in June, just not with Game Update 2.2.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Quick question, one free name change per account or per character?
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Pistols
06.06.2013 , 01:33 PM | #7

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Thanks for the fast reply Eric, appreciated.

Mike_Bluesky
06.06.2013 , 01:35 PM | #8
Guess not enough subscribers bought it yet.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

AlienEyeTX
06.06.2013 , 01:43 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Quick question, one free name change per account or per character?
Follow Eric's link and you'll see that it is one per account.
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Twin
06.06.2013 , 02:24 PM | #10

Thanks everyone.

-eric
And why don't you just grant the ammount of CC it costs to every subscriber? While i appreciate the reply, i do think it's pretty bad to actually promote being a subscriber with the sentiment of "Get a free name change, sign up today" when it's in fact not so.
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln