awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

astrobearx

1st line

because stuns and roots DO always lead to you dying. im not sure what are you trying to hint at here? please elaborate.

You stated that sometimes (situation A) always leads to (situation B). This implies that sometimes (situation A) does not always lead to (situation B), even though always is an absolute. :)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this came with the resolve change back in patch 1.4, this allowed you to be stun locked untill you die. pre 1.4 you could only be stunned 2 times then it will fill and you were imune. now by the time it fills you are dead and you get the pleasure of watching it drop while you wait to be let out of the rez zone. patch 1.4 was the worst patch ever for pvp and in my opinion made pvp much less fun to play. Even if they did the reset on the stun break you will still have issues with being stunlocked.

Im sorry but think about stun breakers resetting on death a little deeper.

How do you cap a door on voidstar. You try and kill the other team and stun them on the way out of the spawn. But wait they all have their breaker up. Nobody will ever cap a door again.

When you are trying to cap a side node in Civil War, one person caps while the others "block" and cc the people coming in on the speeders. But wait they all have their cc breakers up. Nodes will never change hands again. (P.S this is why people yell at bads who cap next to a person)

If you think about pvp gameplay and what it means if everyone has cc breakers up upon death it completely breaks the game. Entire maps will now be auto-ties when two good teams play each other. Oh and healers would be more powerful and it is a huge nerf to operatives and assassins.

Just go back to 1.4 stun system (while keeping the range stun nerfs they added). Everyone agrees that there is more stuns and roots then necessary in the game. But fixing it can't break the game.

Cheers,

Hobi

Jedi Covenant

Prime Defense

(P.S this is why people yell at bads who cap next to a person)

Possibly the single most annoying behavior in all of PvP. When you stand there "capping" a 1-person objective (UNLIKE the nodes in novare coast) that someone else is already capping, you are effectively stunning yourself--seriously, for all intents and purposes, you might as well be stunned. Edited by schmel

i do know, but this is still BS.

i wouldnt even mind the removal if bioware at least made the resolve bar better or lower the cc breakers cd a bit.but no, they arent doing ***** to remedy the stunfest.

It's not a fix man. I pvp all the time and would love a fix to the stunfest issue. But this fix needs to come from overhauling resolve, not refreshing cc breaker on death. What we were seeing on PTS is a stalemates and on levels like Alderaan folks couldn't cap a captured node because dead folks could take the snow/grass speeder straight away and coulnd't be stunned when jumping off the speeder. It was a bad idea. Glad they nixed it. Now I hope they focus on the real problem.

so wait, i am a "bad" because i sick and tired of the stuns and rooting? :confused:

No youre bad because you insult others when they have valid reason to post things.

And if the majority of the testers said that i was a bad thing then their has to be Truth in it.

or are you just one of those pvpers who are qq all the time?

ok maybe the supa l33t stun loving pvper line was a bit much, but im sorry im tired of getting stunned and rooted every 8 seconds (an exaggeration for sure, but you know what i mean)

if it was better pre1.4 , then revert back to it or lower the stun breaker CD time. just dont let us go to 2.2 and dont do anything after you guys made such a big deal on fixing the stunfest.

that all im saying

Why can't you understand that the change would have brought worse consequences? Why can't you hold out for a better solution further down the line?

Edited by Ycoga

Why can't you understand that the change would have brought worse consequences? Why can't you hold out for a better solution further down the line?

This. CC needs a tweak or two but this was a bad move in the current game.

Skill should always be greater than anything else. Refreshing cooldowns upon death is not skill, it rewards bad players, and is counter productive to PvP. There are better ways to fix stuns (think resolve). For example, using a cc breaker would fill resolve, or resolve when filled last a couple seconds longer etc.

Skill should always be greater than anything else. Refreshing cooldowns upon death is not skill, it rewards bad players, and is counter productive to PvP.

This, so much.

Please learn when to use your CC-breaker before you start making threads about it needing a shorter cooldown.

I almost wish they changed their mind and did it at this stage.

The QQ by the OP about how every Voidstar is 15min of being stuck at the first door and how every CW is practically gg the second a team caps both sides would have been spectacular.

Cos I mean what is WZ balance/gameplay compared to the infuriating inconvenience of being chain stunned and ganked to death? Priorities.

They do what they think should be done, disregarding the "vocal minority".

Result: FU BIOWARE FOR NOT CARING ABOUT YOUR SUBSCRIBERS.

They listen and change stuff based on people's feedback.

Result: FU BIOWARE FOR LISTENING TO A VOCAL MINORITY

You can never win with this crowd... :rolleyes:

There are better ways to help with CC. Changing how resolve drains when full, changing how over lapping stuns work, putting in a second bar to resolve which grants a small amount of imunnity to CC after a stun/mez ends.

Most of us 'l33t stun loving pvpers' think that there is to much stuns going on and all of us think that their choice to not implement this change is a good thing.

as anyone who play pvp knows that there is two things that is certain to happen in any match

1.you will inevitably die

2. you will be stun,root or hit with some ability that wont allow you to move

sometimes 2 will always lead to 1

bioware heard the many cry of MANY players to either nerf the stuns or do something to fix the issue.

** more QQ in here ***

GG BIOWARE G FRICKING G

PLEASE MOAR STUNFEST PL0X:mad:

OK, im not that mad, but come on if you arent going to do the death cc breaker reset then make the resolve better or something. dont let us go to 2.2 and dont try to deal with this issue

Wrong. The "leet' PvPers are the ones who do double the damage dealt then you in every warzone. Stuns don't really adversely effect their performance. Please, team stun bubble is gone now THAT was an ugly stun fest.

There are better ways to help with CC. Changing how resolve drains when full, changing how over lapping stuns work, putting in a second bar to resolve which grants a small amount of imunnity to CC after a stun/mez ends.

This is how the issue should be addressed. From the very beginning, I thought the resolve system was great, but needed tweaking, especially in how fast it drains.

Edited by islander

I almost wish they changed their mind and did it at this stage.

The QQ by the OP about how every Voidstar is 15min of being stuck at the first door and how every CW is practically gg the second a team caps both sides would have been spectacular.

We're there now in about half my games. The stun reset on death wouldn't really change it for the worse, a few of you just think it would (the one person I noticed commenting on the change who had used the PTS was not complaining).

I don't think there's any PVP change that BW could make or suggest at this point that wouldn't get flamed and ridiculed. Even when they give very few details about a future change it is happening.

The "only bads die" comment above is hilarious, btw.

Edited by Savej

This, so much.

Please learn when to use your CC-breaker before you start making threads about it needing a shorter cooldown.

Totally agree. The only people begging for this proposed 2.2 change are bads who don't know the right time and the wrong time to eat a stun. Occasionally, I make the same mistake, but thats what it is - a mistake, a user error.

^^ There's also massive balance issues to keep in mind.

You thought a healer was hard to kill now? Well wait until they have a 30 sec stun breaker.

Combat Medics are just target practice since 1.2 ... :(

they do what they think should be done, disregarding the "vocal minority".

Result: Fu bioware for not caring about your subscribers.

Result: Fu bioware for listening to a vocal minority

you can never win with this crowd... :rolleyes:

amen!!!

Totally agree. The only people begging for this proposed 2.2 change are bads who don't know the right time and the wrong time to eat a stun. Occasionally, I make the same mistake, but thats what it is - a mistake, a user error.

lol implying i dont know how to use my cc breaker or that im a "bad", you know, you can't judge a book by it cover, but whatever man. keep on thinking what you want

i love it as all the people who is calling a "bad", didnt even try to go on the pts and test this new feature, but instantly went to the ignorant mob mentality and declare the new feature bad and anyone who like it "bad(s)"

you know what problem really is? my problem with bioware made this decision is 2 things..

1.they made their decision, not on the players who ACTUALLY play on the PTS, who can accurately state where the problem, but on the "experience", "good" or etc players who didnt even test the damn thing.

and after fully reading the thread that lead to bioware backpeddling from their decision

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=643881

it seems most of the people that actually test all basically say "the problem isnt as bad as everyone says"

2.not trying to fix the resolve bar.

let be honest here, the resolve bar is broken, it is useless as it doesnt work properly and it constantly fail to fulfill it purpose. clearly this new feature was an attempt to fix this problem. so when the new feature apparently fail due to the fact /stuck option will be abused (im not oblivious to the reason why this new feature wont hit live btw), so instead of trying something new like i dont know, reduce a cc breaker CD or something, which IS THE PURPOSE of the new feature TO SOLVE THE STUNFEST, they just doing nothing (or going back to the drawing board i suppose). now that what irritate me more then them being bullied by the the uninformed masses, is the fact they arent temporary providing a substitute to the stunfest until they find a way to fix with the /stuck abused (which they could have removed the option within the pts to see how the new feature would have preform without the /stuck option, but of course that would have been too much effort)

look i get that they dont want another bolster failing backlash (which if you actually think about it, isnt the same case here. the naked bolster was test by alot of people which gave bioware tons of feedback by they either ignored, or fail to fix it. the stun breaker reset was tested by a few ranked pvp teams, who opinion was either ignored or considered not as valid as the hypothetical scenarios of those who didnt even test the death stun breaker resetter), however, DOING NOTHING imo is just as bad as the hypothetical potential abused bioware want to prevent.

Edited by astrobearx

• Dev Post

I have to admit, sometimes it does feel that way. But in this case there were some great points made by our veteran PvP crowd and we decided to hold the change back to a later version in order to address those points. In the end PTS is exactly for getting this type of feedback. As for the tone of the responses, I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough. We have made big strides here but there is still plenty of room for improvement. We'll keep pushing ourselves to do better, with the goal of making the forums a better place for all.

no...bioware can win, by listening to people with actual experience of what they are talking about, not players who only have potential hypothetical scenarios...

if it was the reverse (all the people who didnt play did play and those who did didnt) then i woould have no problem conceding the fact that bioware listen to the right group, as they listen to those with experience of a issue.

for example, let say you need to have a tumor and you need brain surgery. there is two doctor to choose from

1. is a well know renown, experience brain surgeon that tell you that removing the tumor is doable

2. the second is a med student of of school and into his or her first year of his or her residency, that can only hypothetically know how to handle the tumor and says to you that it isnt operable.

who are you going to listen to? the guys who done brain surgery or the med student?

now it is possible that the new med student is saw something that the experience neurosurgeon missed, but it is most likely that med student is mistaken.

Edited by astrobearx