Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dortan_Amethius
06.06.2013 , 05:17 AM | #5791
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Hey, so Erik says the 12 character bug is fixed, is that what everyone is finding? Have people successfully moved more than 12 toons now?

I've heard legacy titles are disappearing too - is it just Living Legend, or others too?

Any other bugs people have found yet? I wanna get this all squared away before I move.
Unless I'm some sort of exceptional case (which I might be), I would say that there are still bugs in the system besides that 12 toons bug. I'll use my own experience as an example.

I transferred 2/3 characters successfully from Dalborra to Shadowlands on the day transfers opened up to a server where I'd exceeded 12 chars. The third character, my sith warrior has been stuck 'transferring' (according to the website at least) for almost the past two days now. What's weird is his achievements and legacy unlocks carried over, but the character itself is still stuck on Dalborra and I'm able to play him as normal. The website however continues to believe that the character is in the queue to be transferred for some reason so I can't reset the transfer or try again or whatever.

Sending a ticket basically ended up with generic response from customer service explaining how the transfer process works and didn't answer my question at all so I guess I'm stuck waiting until the issue is fixed or until paid transfers open up.

Tork
06.06.2013 , 05:18 AM | #5792
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I did point out a long time ago that this would be the likely outcome if you went down this path of demanding BW do something with the servers, I wish I was wrong but there you go .. you all got your answer. I am not happy either but there you go. DO I blame BW or do I blame the ones that constantly demanded for something to be done rather then simply create a toon on another server ?

I for one was quite happy playing on APAC and had no complaints
F'ing A.

I was very happy with a low ping a guild of friends to play with. Now we have turmoil, no guild and a massive ping. Thanks for nothing.
Intel 3930k, Gigabyte G1.Assassin.2, 16GB RAM @ 2133MHZ, OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SSD, 2 x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB SLi, 3 x Dell U2412 monitors in portrait surround for 3880x1920 bezel adjusted resolution, 2 x 500GB HD Raid 0 for storage

Massamo
06.06.2013 , 06:25 AM | #5793
one of my toons is still locked

WizardsDestiny
06.06.2013 , 06:28 AM | #5794
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
Okay, this is the most rubbish customer service ever experienced.

Originally, support articles told us that we would have our Guild Banks restored upon transfer by Customer Service so long as it was empty and screenshots were provided. This was done, and we were ready to transfer. We came over all last night, and midway through today they change the rules; guild banks will not be able to be re-granted by customer service on arrival.

I can understand consistent rules, but when the same page stated that we COULD restore guild banks and it was said in multiple places only for them to change it AFTER transfer I'm pretty disgusted. You forced us into this, Bioware, and we've lost our guild name, people and size. And you can't even restore a couple of guild banks.

We had two million credits donated for a third vault by a faithful guild member, and now you're TERRIBLE customer service team and poor communication will result in that being enough for only a bank on the Republic and Imperial side each. Have some perspective of who you're "consolidating," those players who still (God knows why) PAY YOU for Customer Service- well, we're hardly paying for content, given that comes all through the Cartel Market nowadays- and you give us not even our banks back in exchange, making it worse by contradicting what you earlier said. As a guild, we're really unhappy. As a person, I'm really unhappy and really again disgusted by this lack of customer service.

This was pretty much the only reason we didn't bother waiting for consolidation, and you throw it away.
Still irked about this for the other guilds who have been posting too, but I doubt Bioware will do anything. I'm giving them until tomorrow afternoon to do something about it but if not then I'll be reopening the banks. Don't think it's worth making our guild members suffer without bank vaults because of the pretty annoying/disgraceful change of policy made at the last minute.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 06:28 AM | #5795
Quote: Originally Posted by Massamo View Post
one of my toons is still locked
may help
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi LucasEighty,

Please check again periodically, the transfer should become unlocked again before too long. You can find a bit more information on this here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...28#edit6400128

Unfortunately I don't know when the next cleanup is going to be, but hopefully it won't be long.

Greywatcher
06.06.2013 , 10:43 AM | #5796
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
Still irked about this for the other guilds who have been posting too, but I doubt Bioware will do anything. I'm giving them until tomorrow afternoon to do something about it but if not then I'll be reopening the banks. Don't think it's worth making our guild members suffer without bank vaults because of the pretty annoying/disgraceful change of policy made at the last minute.
Yeah, sadly I must say this is the first time my confidence in an MMO has been shaken this badly -_-

Good luck with your guild also Wizard =)
Fingers crossed we get an explanation soon.
Moonstorm - High Counsel Corvus/Korvus

DiamondDove
06.06.2013 , 05:36 PM | #5797
If you have all moved to the destination server, won't your guild bank and tabs be moved on consolidation in 2 months time? I know its a long time to wait for those extra tabs to return but it might help map out how you play and where you invest your creds for the next few weeks.

I really have no idea, but it might be worth trying to ask that question.....

good luck.

bowspearer
06.06.2013 , 08:13 PM | #5798
Quote: Originally Posted by JebusJM View Post
I laugh that people are now crying about the lag and blaming Bioware. You are the same people that wanted transfers!
Oh really, pull up a single quote where I have ever said I was unhappy with how things were - good luck with that as you wont find one.

Next time, try actually thinking before putting your mouth in gear.

Quote: Originally Posted by jarshr View Post
OMG u guy's are idiots......quitting Swtor for other MMO's...you do realize their the same ping right.....you will get 150-400ms on EVERY MMO!!!!!! jesus lol

and ppl crying lag is so bad you cant play.....i left APAC for Harbinger 6 months ago, I do pve endgame and rated pvp fine with almost no lag...*** are u on about with this super delay and stuff??? have u never played a MMO before, the experience your now getting is the same as EVERY MMO EVER MADE.......omg lol
Yes, I was never getting 20ms lag on Gav Daragon. Oh wait, yes I was - right before the transfer.

OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 08:36 PM | #5799
Posted for info for the consolidation in 58ish days
http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6446
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Just a quick bump for Owen. Yes, if you wait for the consolidation, the guild (bank and all) will be transferred. If you transfer before the 60-ish days are up, your character will bring across what they can carry.

Iscul
06.06.2013 , 10:12 PM | #5800
I am sure I am not the only one that thinks this, but I am SO annoyed that I will be losing my names that I think I might unsub.
I have 6 level 55 characters and I enjoy this game but its obvious that BW do not give a crap about what anyone outside of the US thinks.
Why dont BW merge one of the US Servers into the APAC server?
Merge Harbringer with Dalborra??? At least give something back to the Australian/Asian/New Zealand community...