Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 02:07 AM | #5781
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
Nope I already tried it tonight. Once max lvl was reached the characters don't transfer, they just stay on the original server.
The current transfers is different to the server consolidation, transfers are now , server consolidation is in 59 days.

There has been some talk if the 12 limit is a bug currently

Tork
06.06.2013 , 03:50 AM | #5782
Quote: Originally Posted by jebusjm View Post
i laugh that people are now crying about the lag and blaming bioware. You are the same people that wanted transfers!
+1000
Intel 3930k, Gigabyte G1.Assassin.2, 16GB RAM @ 2133MHZ, OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SSD, 2 x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB SLi, 3 x Dell U2412 monitors in portrait surround for 3880x1920 bezel adjusted resolution, 2 x 500GB HD Raid 0 for storage

SplatterPaw
06.06.2013 , 04:08 AM | #5783
Once again another half-thought out idea by BW.

I don't mind the manual transfer, I don't mind having to build a temp guild on the new server, but a 60 day countdown to auto merge with an immediate lockout of the servers?!? Who the heck thought this was a good idea for us users?!?

We literally CANNOT STAY on APAC anymore. We have to leave ASAP. In the 36 hrs since transfers started, Dalborra has lost more than 60% of its active population. PVP queues are dead, with NO ONE in warzones.

"Then just transfer" some of you will say, "why are you ranting?", etc. I am angry because of BW's lack of foresight, thought (or simply just couldn't be bothered) about guild transfers. We can't wait 60 days for the auto-merger with the downward spiral of population (unless BW thinks we are all anti-social introverts)!!. We have already seen from earlier posts that unlike the previous transfers, CS is not restoring bank tabs. All those credits down the drain because they can't be bothered. And if we actually gonna wait the 60 days for the guild to arrive, what the heck are we supposed to do in the mean time? if we bought anything for the new guild, all would be lost again when we disband and join the old.

If you want to look at the transfers with a cynical eye, APAC are merely guinea pigs for the paid transfer system for the rest of the player-base. All that free testing with in-place disclaimers that you only get transfers and nothing else.

So... back to Guild issues Bioware Austin should do one of the following:
a) Accelerate the Merge schedule
The population will be lucky to last 3 weeks, merge everyone ASAP!
b) Provide bank tabs to relocated guilds
Just like how the initial transfers were
c) Compensate Guilds with credits
If BW thinks credits are trivial for us to spend them again on new tabs, then in reverse they should be able to just give us the credits.
San-t'shiel Stareille
<Ewokalypse Now> - Harbinger
ewokalypsenow.enjin.com

CrazyMcGee
06.06.2013 , 04:11 AM | #5784
Hey, so Erik says the 12 character bug is fixed, is that what everyone is finding? Have people successfully moved more than 12 toons now?

I've heard legacy titles are disappearing too - is it just Living Legend, or others too?

Any other bugs people have found yet? I wanna get this all squared away before I move.

OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 04:19 AM | #5785
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Hey, so Erik says the 12 character bug is fixed, is that what everyone is finding? Have people successfully moved more than 12 toons now?

I've heard legacy titles are disappearing too - is it just Living Legend, or others too?

Any other bugs people have found yet? I wanna get this all squared away before I move.
I think a lot have mis-understood this free transfer it is not the server consolidation and was never meant to of been, my take is if you have 12 toons on a server and providing you purchase an unlock for an additional slot on the intended server you can move that toon to that server.
happy to be corrected.

Edit- If you wait for the merge (in about 59 days) you can end up with something like 22/12 ie 22 toons with 12 slots on server, you just cant create another toon and if you delete a toon, until you buy sufficient unlocks you wont be able to create a toon even after you delete one.

CrazyMcGee
06.06.2013 , 04:32 AM | #5786
Yeah, no it was bugged for people who had already bought the additional character slots, but is apparently fixed now?

OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 04:36 AM | #5787
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Yeah, no it was bugged for people who had already bought the additional character slots, but is apparently fixed now?
Seems to be have a look at page 576 , seems successful

Quote: Originally Posted by ambitiousapple View Post
Yep, after double-checking I had room for the transfer, I've just successfully transferred the ex-locked character to it's destination server. Cheers for the quick response and awesome communication about these errors too!

ChuangTzu
06.06.2013 , 04:51 AM | #5788
Quote: Originally Posted by JebusJM View Post
I laugh that people are now crying about the lag and blaming Bioware. You are the same people that wanted transfers!

Also, in the Transfer page, it says your character needs to be level 10. I just successfully transferred a level 4.
We did not ask for transfers, we asked for our 3 servers to be merged into 1. The majority did not want to loose the ping.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ChuangTzu
06.06.2013 , 04:56 AM | #5789
Quote: Originally Posted by jarshr View Post
OMG u guy's are idiots......quitting Swtor for other MMO's...you do realize their the same ping right.....you will get 150-400ms on EVERY MMO!!!!!! jesus lol

and ppl crying lag is so bad you cant play.....i left APAC for Harbinger 6 months ago, I do pve endgame and rated pvp fine with almost no lag...*** are u on about with this super delay and stuff??? have u never played a MMO before, the experience your now getting is the same as EVERY MMO EVER MADE.......omg lol
There is a noticeable difference with the ping. Does it make the game unplayable? No but it is worse and makes the game experience worse.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 04:58 AM | #5790
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
We did not ask for transfers, we asked for our 3 servers to be merged into 1. The majority did not want to loose the ping.
I did point out a long time ago that this would be the likely outcome if you went down this path of demanding BW do something with the servers, I wish I was wrong but there you go .. you all got your answer. I am not happy either but there you go. DO I blame BW or do I blame the ones that constantly demanded for something to be done rather then simply create a toon on another server ?

I for one was quite happy playing on APAC and had no complaints