Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dawginole
06.06.2013 , 01:47 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
i do know, but this is still BS.

i wouldnt even mind the removal if bioware at least made the resolve bar better or lower the cc breakers cd a bit.but no, they arent doing ***** to remedy the stunfest.
It's not a fix man. I pvp all the time and would love a fix to the stunfest issue. But this fix needs to come from overhauling resolve, not refreshing cc breaker on death. What we were seeing on PTS is a stalemates and on levels like Alderaan folks couldn't cap a captured node because dead folks could take the snow/grass speeder straight away and coulnd't be stunned when jumping off the speeder. It was a bad idea. Glad they nixed it. Now I hope they focus on the real problem.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

hages
06.06.2013 , 01:57 AM | #32
so wait, i am a "bad" because i sick and tired of the stuns and rooting?
No youre bad because you insult others when they have valid reason to post things.
And if the majority of the testers said that i was a bad thing then their has to be Truth in it.
or are you just one of those pvpers who are qq all the time?
nothings as good as an cold cold beer...and swtor to play drunk

Ycoga
06.06.2013 , 02:12 AM | #33
ok maybe the supa l33t stun loving pvper line was a bit much, but im sorry im tired of getting stunned and rooted every 8 seconds (an exaggeration for sure, but you know what i mean)

if it was better pre1.4 , then revert back to it or lower the stun breaker CD time. just dont let us go to 2.2 and dont do anything after you guys made such a big deal on fixing the stunfest.

that all im saying
Why can't you understand that the change would have brought worse consequences? Why can't you hold out for a better solution further down the line?
'Pre-2.0 PvP... The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap. It wasn’t fun for the majority of players' - Alex Modny

Draekos
06.06.2013 , 02:21 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Ycoga View Post
Why can't you understand that the change would have brought worse consequences? Why can't you hold out for a better solution further down the line?
This. CC needs a tweak or two but this was a bad move in the current game.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

ManiacDavis
06.06.2013 , 02:29 AM | #35
Skill should always be greater than anything else. Refreshing cooldowns upon death is not skill, it rewards bad players, and is counter productive to PvP. There are better ways to fix stuns (think resolve). For example, using a cc breaker would fill resolve, or resolve when filled last a couple seconds longer etc.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

BuzzingFridge
06.06.2013 , 02:36 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
Skill should always be greater than anything else. Refreshing cooldowns upon death is not skill, it rewards bad players, and is counter productive to PvP.
This, so much.

Please learn when to use your CC-breaker before you start making threads about it needing a shorter cooldown.

AlaricSevGirl
06.06.2013 , 02:55 AM | #37
Cheers to the poster who said PvP was much better pre 1.4 because it was. I used to love to PvP, but I don't do it anymore because they broke it.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiorden, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

aeterno
06.06.2013 , 03:06 AM | #38
I almost wish they changed their mind and did it at this stage.

The QQ by the OP about how every Voidstar is 15min of being stuck at the first door and how every CW is practically gg the second a team caps both sides would have been spectacular.

Cos I mean what is WZ balance/gameplay compared to the infuriating inconvenience of being chain stunned and ganked to death? Priorities.

TheNahash
06.06.2013 , 03:15 AM | #39
They do what they think should be done, disregarding the "vocal minority".
Result: FU BIOWARE FOR NOT CARING ABOUT YOUR SUBSCRIBERS.

They listen and change stuff based on people's feedback.
Result: FU BIOWARE FOR LISTENING TO A VOCAL MINORITY

You can never win with this crowd...
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Repman
06.06.2013 , 05:08 AM | #40
PVP in most MMOs consist of, you not being able to move 75% of the time while some guy, who probably brags he's better at a video game then people kills you