Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What should I be using?

ZeroWarden
06.05.2013 , 11:15 AM | #1
I'm a trooper and I keep trying new skills. I can't stick with any. I'm really really short on credits. Plus I'm stuck in the story and I need some up to date gear. I have a high scavaging skill but anything else idk what to use. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

psandak
06.05.2013 , 11:31 AM | #2
Question are you F2P with only one crew skill, or are you a subscriber with access to three? The answer to your question depends on your account status:

If you are a subscriber...

The problem with using a crafting skill to gear up is that you will be broke. If you depend on simply gathering you will always be a step behind quest reward gear. So, you have to send your companions on missions to acquire materials slightly above your current level so you can craft stuff that is waiting for you. This will often leave you poor.

Since you are already strapped for credits, my suggestion is to take three gathering crew skills. You already have scavenging. I would suggest taking slicing as the nodes you gather will generate free credits, and then choose between bioanalysis or archeology.

if you are F2P...

and have not unlocked more crew skill slots, you only have one to work with. I would simply stick with scavenging.

Either way, you can sell what you gather and get credits and then buy gear if that is what you want to do.

ZeroWarden
06.05.2013 , 11:44 AM | #3
I am a subscriber. Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.