Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross Server Queues.

Necrotiq
06.05.2013 , 04:05 AM | #1
I'm aware that server transfer is anticipated for the 11th. Any word on if we can be expecting cross server PvP queues at this date also?

Darth_Moonshadow
06.05.2013 , 04:12 AM | #2
Dunno.

Maybe. If you guys really need it.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Athrandiel
06.05.2013 , 05:31 AM | #3
I dont really see this happening...i am not against it, but i am also really indifferent about it...i have my 7 buddies to roll some rankeds and queues are not that high...so idk.. /signed i guess..

Maybe on your server there are issues but The Red Eclipse is ok
May the force be with You
The Red Eclipse
Shadows Legacy
Andengels - Shadow Venders - Commando Anderei - Guardian

Savej
06.05.2013 , 06:23 AM | #4
If they were remotely imminent we would have heard about them. The last we did hear was along the lines of "x-server is too hard, here - take massive servers instead". I'm sure the feature will exist at some point in the future but I'm also sure it is at least several months (possibly years) away.

Kilora
06.05.2013 , 06:29 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
If they were remotely imminent we would have heard about them. The last we did hear was along the lines of "x-server is too hard, here - take massive servers instead". I'm sure the feature will exist at some point in the future but I'm also sure it is at least several months (possibly years) away.
I'm hoping it will be included in 2.4 -- along with 3+ new WZs, new WZ maps, arenas, and an actual start to Season 1. (At least, cross-server for Ranked).

BruceMaclean
06.05.2013 , 08:29 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
I'm hoping it will be included in 2.4 -- along with 3+ new WZs, new WZ maps, arenas, and an actual start to Season 1. (At least, cross-server for Ranked).
Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

Bruce Maclean | Senior Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lord_Karsk
06.05.2013 , 10:22 AM | #7
Nice list Kilora!

I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it.
Unless you plan to open up a ranked server were people from all servers can copy over chars for free
were they can play ranked this is nothing but a disaster for the game !!!

Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!
When the remaining PvP playerbase read this and move on, the competetive part anyways how will
que times be lower i dont get it, magic ? why should people stay and play ranked when so many have left
and even more people will leave because there is no pvp updates until close to christmas and there will
be no cross play.Reality check plis.

Without soundig to negative do you guys even understand how players think ?
When players cant play and que times are long they leave the game.
When it is only casuals left because you killed off the competetive PvP community you have NO PvP community.

Saying this because i care and want to play SWTOR PvP on a server with really good PvP.

HighCounsil
06.05.2013 , 10:24 AM | #8
I'm not sure what other MMORPG these days doesn't have cross-server queues, only swtor is still sticking to the stone age losing players because of the insanely long server queues. I don't understand this approach at all, would love an elaboration on why setting up a few additional continental servers for cross-queues is such a hard task, are your technician droids so outdated that they cannot handle the task? I can smuggle some new ones your sector if it makes xqueues happen. Got my fastest ship in the sector after all.

P.S. few moments later I realized, server transfers. Well of course, it's better to make players pay you for transfers, than put up a service that actually requires YOU to shell out cash

UltimateKrucible
06.05.2013 , 10:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post

When it is only casuals left because you killed off the competetive PvP community you have NO annoying premade PvP guilds ruining normal WZ and the vast, vast majority of players wil be so much happier, thanks.
Fixed that for you - for this service, there is no charge.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

LetoAtreidesII
06.05.2013 , 10:27 AM | #10
Nice list Kilora!

While the exact details of which features will make Game Update 2.4 are still being hardened I can definitely say that Cross-Server Queueing is not in the plan for it. We've taken a hard look at Cross Server Queuing in the past and accomplishing it is a *significant* challenge that would take a lot of time away from other things we are working on. Emphasis on significant. It's not forever off the table but it's not in the plan right now.

Even though it is too early to share specifics I can say that Game Update 2.4 as it is being worked on right now has features and changes that should cause a significant improvement of queue times for ranked Warzones in particular. Emphasis on significant!

Guess it's RIP PvP on all but one or two servers. I really hope I'm wrong but I foresee all PvPers piling onto POT5/Bastion now. I think many were only holding out in hopes of cross server queues in 2.4.

By the time 2.4 comes out there won't be much of an improvement to ranked queues anyway because there will be constant pops on the pvp mega server and almost nobody will care about ranked or pvp on all the other servers.