Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Anvillian's Avatar


Anvillian
06.04.2013 , 06:29 PM | #5691
Quote: Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
Is that the confirmd reason for the error or speculation? I thought (according the the faq these brilliant hard-working cookies never updated) that we could xfer to the new server regardless of if we have 12 toons there or not.
Im speculating. Because I've never played on the PTS, nor have i ever copied any of my characters over. I have no idea to be honest.
The Anvil Legacy
Anvilwar - Sith Juggernaut - Immortal

Cootie's Avatar


Cootie
06.04.2013 , 06:30 PM | #5692
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright folks,

As of right now, there should be no pending issues preventing your free character transfers. If you were experiencing any issues prior to now which were preventing you from transferring, please try again. Please note however that if you try to transfer a character to PTS again, you could still end up in a locked state unable to move off of an APAC server. We are working on a permanent fix for the "locked character state" which is tied to character transfer.

Hopefully this resolved all of your issues and thank you for your patience while we worked through it!

-eric

"Begeren ColonyRP-PvEWest12Unavailable"


This is BS. When you all merged the US servers, all their toons got smooshed onto one server REGARDLESS of how many toons were there. I have toons saving the names of the characters I want to move but, because you see room for a few dollars profit, you're locking my destination server?


Edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by Anvillian View Post
Im speculating. Because I've never played on the PTS, nor have i ever copied any of my characters over. I have no idea to be honest.
I think you're right because my toon failed trying to xfer to a server I had 12 on and now that server says it is unavailable.

Dortan_Amethius's Avatar


Dortan_Amethius
06.04.2013 , 06:33 PM | #5693
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Hey Eric,

My character is still stuck in 'processing' this is from 5 hours ago, no it hasn't failed to transfer yet.

I have transfer other character since then and it happened literally Instantly.

Like I said before... I think this Is a bug that was also happening on the PTS but because I was able to spam transfer then it eventually went through
I'm having the exact same problem as above. One of my characters is listed as still being in the queue after 6-7 hours, while my other two characters have successfully been transferred over.

Cootie's Avatar


Cootie
06.04.2013 , 06:38 PM | #5694
Quote: Originally Posted by Anvillian View Post
Im speculating. Because I've never played on the PTS, nor have i ever copied any of my characters over. I have no idea to be honest.
lo****inl. It's true. I deleted one of my toons on the full server to lower the total to 11. Bam, server is available. Glad to see they want to nickle and dime the APAC players in ways they didn't for the US ones.

Anvillian's Avatar


Anvillian
06.04.2013 , 06:41 PM | #5695
Quote: Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
I think you're right because my toon failed trying to xfer to a server I had 12 on and now that server says it is unavailable.
The funny thing is, I managed to transfer ALL of my characters, except for these 2.
When i decided to transfer these 2 (last two characters i transferred), thats when the character slots were full and thats when i got the problem of my characters being locked.

EDIT:

Ive made space for those 2 characters, but they are still locked.
The Anvil Legacy
Anvilwar - Sith Juggernaut - Immortal

Ultramecha's Avatar


Ultramecha
06.04.2013 , 07:08 PM | #5696
Quote: Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
lo****inl. It's true. I deleted one of my toons on the full server to lower the total to 11. Bam, server is available. Glad to see they want to nickle and dime the APAC players in ways they didn't for the US ones.
How did they nickel and dime you? Makes since it would deny you if you used all slots.

sabbey's Avatar


sabbey
06.04.2013 , 07:30 PM | #5697
I still have three characters pending on the transfer page and wonder if that's why I can't transfer my last four.! In any case, those three are already on The Harbinger and have enough slots (22) to hold my 22 characters. I don't know, this seems a bit odd. Will try again tomorrow I guess.

Cheezfriend's Avatar


Cheezfriend
06.04.2013 , 07:31 PM | #5698
Well I have transfered my characters to The Harbinger...

Doubt I will ever come back to the game...

5700 posts later and I am back to where I started, on a US server, what a waste of time and effort.

I will not contribute a single dollar more to these thieves that run this game. EA/BW has ruined SWTOR for me.

Tronc's Avatar


Tronc
06.04.2013 , 07:34 PM | #5699
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultramecha View Post
How did they nickel and dime you? Makes since it would deny you if you used all slots.
I think what his referring to was when they merged all the US servers. If your total used character slots was greater than 12 they still allowed them to move, but didn't make them playable until you freed up room. Meaning you had 16/12. Where now it stops at 12/12.

But apparently even if your a subscriber with the additional 10 slots unlocked (12 sub + 10 Cartel.) It still won't allow you to move any more than 12.

Ultramecha's Avatar


Ultramecha
06.04.2013 , 07:35 PM | #5700
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
Well I have transfered my characters to The Harbinger...

Doubt I will ever come back to the game...

5700 posts later and I am back to where I started, on a US server, what a waste of time and effort.

I will not contribute a single dollar more to these thieves that run this game. EA/BW has ruined SWTOR for me.
You got what you wanted... There aren't enough apac players so they did what needed to be done. I fail to see how they have wronged you when you demand they fix the population...