Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.04.2013 , 11:48 AM | #141 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

How much do transfers cost?
Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

How do I transfer a character?
Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.

What happens if there is a name collision?
If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?
Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

Is there a way to transfer a guild?
There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Fantazm
06.04.2013 , 11:53 AM | #142
Glad I've saved up almost 2500 coins now.

Icebergy
06.04.2013 , 11:55 AM | #143
Awesome, thanks Eric. Now get those APAC transfers working properly so ours go smoothly next week!

...and so that the APAC people are happy too.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

islander
06.04.2013 , 11:57 AM | #144
I gotta admit, this cost isnt that bad. Its about 20 bucks for one character, or 13.33 each for 3 buying the large cartel pack.

Not bad at all. Well done. Now you folks at Bioware, get ready to start printing money faster then Ben Bernanke is...
Gìllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

chuixupu
06.04.2013 , 12:00 PM | #145
Cheaper than a lot of other games...and if you aren't a CC spender, you can get away even cheaper.

I kind of was hoping they'd have a full Legacy transfer option, though. Might be something worth looking into for the future, for say, those you have 12 full character slots that they want to move.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Dan_Loto
06.04.2013 , 12:11 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I kind of was hoping they'd have a full Legacy transfer option, though. Might be something worth looking into for the future, for say, those you have 12 full character slots that they want to move.
Me too, I have a 16 man legacy on the dying Jung Ma.
POT5: Republic: Villd 54 van, Pyu 50 com, Cyball 52 scoun, Raisiñs 47 gun, Brukis 55 sent, Yukï 1 (guard), Purrjury 18 sen, Elabos 50 shad, Ranies 49 sage. Empire: Reckorb 53 jug, Fect 55 mar, Accident 55 sor, Vival 47 sin, Zolba 55 pt, Haruhï 47 mer, Fundark 24 op, Muttonns 22 sni, Satoshinakamoto 48 op, Premacy 33 jug, Modules 14 pt.

ikinai
06.04.2013 , 12:15 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Cheaper than a lot of other games...and if you aren't a CC spender, you can get away even cheaper.

That's a great idea, and I'd be willing to bet that there's a large number of people who would spend $50-60 to move an entire legacy in one fell swoop.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Alduinsm
06.04.2013 , 12:16 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Lemme guess how this works Eric,

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.
2.) Transfer Certificates are available from a new kind of gambling pack
3.) The Transfer Certificate will be for a random destination server
4.) The Transfer Certificate will be an ultra rare drop
5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate
6.) Transfer Certificates are Single Use, Bind on Pickup

Did I get that right?
Congratulations! All the things you predicted are true.
Shin

powpows
06.04.2013 , 12:16 PM | #149
While just that many cartel coins for a single toon may not be too bad, since it has taken so long to implement I now have nearly a dozen characters on a server that is on the other coast. (Didn't bother putting new ones on a now closer server because "Soon" may never of happened)
Since legacy is only server wide just moving some would be cutting my legacy in half an idea that seem unfathomable to me.

So my question is for 2x or 3x the price are we gonna be seeing full legacy, server to server transfers at any point?

Because nearly 2k cartel coins times nearly 12, is a hell of a lot. too much in fact.

Or at the very least are these going to be items at some point that can be bought off the gtn?

LetoAtreidesII
06.04.2013 , 12:21 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

How much do transfers cost?
Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

How do I transfer a character?
Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.

What happens if there is a name collision?
If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?
Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

Is there a way to transfer a guild?
There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric
Will there