Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Antiskeptic
06.04.2013 , 11:26 AM | #5611
Quote: Originally Posted by frmgod View Post
Should we start to transfer if all of these problems are popping up or should we wait. Please help bioware
I love you tj
//

sabbey
06.04.2013 , 11:26 AM | #5612
Quote: Originally Posted by xXxSPYROxXx View Post
Yeah, my transfered characters have lost their names, and are now auto named with gibberish combinations of letters. I thought we supposed to be prompted to rename them
It should have worked, though on my first I got my rename fine, didn't on my next two... Have several more to rename but will wait until I know it's fixed.

EricMusco
06.04.2013 , 11:28 AM | #5613 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
same thing. i transfered my character... went to login and my character isnt on the NEW server. i try to log back into master dar'nala and it says....

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."
Hey Obirayy,

Although I am not discounting that this could be a problem with transfers, I want to be sure of that before I forward it on. First, remember that transfers can take up to one hour to complete and I would imagine there is quite a volume of transfers happening right now. During the transfer process you will be unable to access your characters, and they will not show up on the destination server, both are as you described. I would give it up to its hour for the transfer to go through and if you are still having this issue, please let us know.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Cootie
06.04.2013 , 11:31 AM | #5614
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
After all this time you expect a flawless system?

After. All. This. Time.

Allllllllllllllllllllll this time.

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this time

Antiskeptic
06.04.2013 , 11:31 AM | #5615
Quote: Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
After. All. This. Time.

Allllllllllllllllllllll this time.

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll this time
Welcome to SWTOR.
//

Cootie
06.04.2013 , 11:31 AM | #5616
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Obirayy,

Although I am not discounting that this could be a problem with transfers, I want to be sure of that before I forward it on. First, remember that transfers can take up to one hour to complete and I would imagine there is quite a volume of transfers happening right now. During the transfer process you will be unable to access your characters, and they will not show up on the destination server, both are as you described. I would give it up to its hour for the transfer to go through and if you are still having this issue, please let us know.

-eric
My transfer /failed/ and I have the error too. Now what?

Edit: As in, I was able to log in normally to the game, check out my 55 that I wanted to xfer and empty mailbox. Logged all the way out of the game. Put her in for transfer. Refreshed page after a bit. Saw the xfer failed failed. Went to log in. Can't.

P.S. And now she's locked and can't be xfered.

EricMusco
06.04.2013 , 11:35 AM | #5617 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
My transfer /failed/ and I have the error too. Now what?
A good way to check is that when you are inside of the character transfer page there is a link called "view your character transfer history." On that page it should directly tell you if your transfer is in fact completed/successful.

If for that character you are seeing it say completed/successful and you are still seeing the character missing on the new server along with the access error, let us know!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Antiskeptic
06.04.2013 , 11:36 AM | #5618
If you just keep trying to log into the server despite the error you eventually get in.
//

Cootie
06.04.2013 , 11:37 AM | #5619
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
A good way to check is that when you are inside of the character transfer page there is a link called "view your character transfer history." On that page it should directly tell you if your transfer is in fact completed/successful.

If for that character you are seeing it say completed/successful and you are still seeing the character missing on the new server along with the access error, let us know!
My transfer failed. I know it failed because it says failed on the very same xfer history page you tried to direct me to just now. I CAN NOT log in to my origin server because I get the aforementioned error. Again, I'm not guessing it failed; I know because your system is telling me it failed.
No, not pending.
No, not processing.
Failed.

Antiskeptic
06.04.2013 , 11:38 AM | #5620
My transfer failed. I know it failed because it says failed on the very same xfer history page you tried to direct me to just now. I CAN NOT log in to my origin server because I get the aforementioned error. Again, I'm not guessing it failed; I know because your system is telling me it failed.
No, not pending.
No, not processing.
Failed.
Keep spamming that login, I believe you can do it.
//