Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.04.2013 , 11:00 AM | #5601 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey guys,

We are aware of the conflict that is happening between PTS transfers and your free character transfers. We are looking into it.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

sabbey
06.04.2013 , 11:01 AM | #5602
I have four that are locked, but noticed I was only able to rename one so far of those that did transfer while the others seem to be logging in without being able to rename them first.

MenollyWanderer
06.04.2013 , 11:05 AM | #5603
Please I have 17 characters on an APAC server. What will happen to them? All the FAQ I have seen only talk about 12 character slots. But I think these were written before one was able to buy character slots. One person said I would be able to transfer them but not be able to make any more. Even if I bought more slots on the new server?

sturgess
06.04.2013 , 11:07 AM | #5604
Quote: Originally Posted by osokmaverick View Post
Transferred all my characters, two got forced name changed to gibberish names and not flagged for a rename. Well done, thanks!
I had three forced for name change, IIRC - two went fine, one I didn't get flagged for a rename. Raised a ticket.
Explorer: 80% | Socializer: 67% | Achiever: 40% | Killer: 13%

Cootie
06.04.2013 , 11:08 AM | #5605
Character transfer failed; toon is now locked and unable to be xfered.

I also can not log onto ANY of the APAC servers because of this error:

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

*golfclap*

Obirayy
06.04.2013 , 11:19 AM | #5606
Quote: Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
Character transfer failed; toon is now locked and unable to be xfered.

I also can not log onto ANY of the APAC servers because of this error:

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

*golfclap*
same thing. i transfered my character... went to login and my character isnt on the NEW server. i try to log back into master dar'nala and it says....

Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

xXxSPYROxXx
06.04.2013 , 11:22 AM | #5607
Yeah, my transfered characters have lost their names, and are now auto named with gibberish combinations of letters. I thought we supposed to be prompted to rename them
MARAUDER 55 JUGGERNAUT 55

Cootie
06.04.2013 , 11:24 AM | #5608
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
same thing. I transfered my character... went to login and my character isnt on the NEW server. i try to log back into master dar'nala and it says....

Insult to injury, eh? Kept in the dark, ignored for /months/ on end, and then, finally, handed a system that doesn't. even. work.

Edit: Cool, page sniper. Let me take a moment to say that it is embarrassing how poorly a company as massive as EA has managed to handle this. Instead of being sheepish or sympathetic about the plight of servers they killed, everyone at EA seems to treat APAC players like we're some great burden. No apologies, no straight talking, no messages sent to our inboxes telling us what's up, no consolation prize. Just a wham and bam.

Antiskeptic
06.04.2013 , 11:25 AM | #5609
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
same thing. i transfered my character... went to login and my character isnt on the NEW server. i try to log back into master dar'nala and it says....

I would assume it's still transferring tbh. The server would be getting quite an influx of data, patience obiray

Quote: Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
Insult to injury, eh? Kept in the dark, ignored for /months/ on end, and then, finally, handed a system that doesn't. even. work.
After all this time you expect a flawless system?
//

frmgod
06.04.2013 , 11:25 AM | #5610
Should we start to transfer if all of these problems are popping up or should we wait. Please help bioware
Trj - 55 Marauder - The Harbinger
Trja - 55 Operative - The Harbinger
Terj - 55 Juggernaut - The Harbinger