Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shipment 1 packs lost forever?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Shipment 1 packs lost forever?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Antissa
06.04.2013 , 06:04 AM | #1
I am currently in this mode where I am addicted to get all the cartel packs.

It says in the cartel coins purchase thing that on June 11 shipment 1 packs will be temporarely gone.

What does this mean? Why? How long? Will the packs be gone and I will no longer be able to get those items?

Thaed
06.04.2013 , 06:05 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Antissa View Post
I am currently in this mode where I am addicted to get all the cartel packs.

It says in the cartel coins purchase thing that on June 11 shipment 1 packs will be temporarely gone.

What does this mean? Why? How long? Will the packs be gone and I will no longer be able to get those items?
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/temporarily
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

Suromir
06.04.2013 , 09:58 AM | #3
oh don't worry. the items in them will ALL be back. Some recolored. other's not.

all sold to you on the CM again and touted typically by BioWare as "new content"

EricMusco
06.04.2013 , 10:03 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Shipment 1 will be leaving the Market on June 11 as you indicated. The reason we say temporarily is that they are subject to return in the future. I have no information on how, or when, but you can rest assured that you would likely see some or all of the Shipment 1 packs return to the Market at some point.

However, if you are a lover of packs and the items in Shipment 1... I would get them before they leave the market!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

AshlaBoga
06.04.2013 , 10:38 AM | #5
Based on how long previous items have been removed for, I'd say between 2 and 3 months. So 90 days isn't that long a wait.
FEAR REMAINS ETERNAL, Jung Ma server
Fear Remains Eternal
Lord of Corruption

Screaming_Ziva
06.04.2013 , 10:39 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Shipment 1 will be leaving the Market on June 11 as you indicated. The reason we say temporarily is that they are subject to return in the future. I have no information on how, or when, but you can rest assured that you would likely see some or all of the Shipment 1 packs return to the Market at some point.
Here's the big question though. Will they be the EXACT same packs that are available now or will you be adding a few new items to them just to get people to buy more of them?

Faith
06.04.2013 , 10:48 AM | #7
With the way the new collections window is setup, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the pack items eventually come back and be purchasable individually through the collection window.

SweetsPatogga
06.04.2013 , 11:11 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Faith View Post
With the way the new collections window is setup, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the pack items eventually come back and be purchasable individually through the collection window.
They should be that way anyway. With collections requiring a full set, they really need to give you the option to buy and unlock the whole outfit as long as you have 1 piece.

Andryah
06.04.2013 , 11:13 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Here's the big question though. Will they be the EXACT same packs that are available now or will you be adding a few new items to them just to get people to buy more of them?
I would venture to guess that even Eric does not know the answer to your big question.

Besides... if he said yes.. exactly the same.. and then you later found they added a gold plated tiddily-wink to the packs... you (or someone on the forum) would do a /virtual_burn_at_the_stake on him... wouldn't you?
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

ikinai
06.04.2013 , 11:20 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
... you (or someone on the forum) would do a /virtual_burn_at_the_stake on him... wouldn't you?
Well yes, but only because Eric is a vampire.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School