Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aedey
06.04.2013 , 05:40 AM | #5551
This! <3 ^^^^^
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

WizardsDestiny
06.04.2013 , 06:26 AM | #5552
Apparently there is an FAQ regarding consolidation- a forced merge as opposed to voluntary transfers- and unlike transfers guilds remain intact. Just in case any other guildmasters weren't aware information can be found here. http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6446 - To us this seems a far more preferable option than losing all of our stuff. Just in case everything is out of the guild bank but if there's a chance to keep our old members who wanted us to hold their spots when they were on holidays etc then we'll be taking this opportunity...even if we're the only ones left on Dalborra!

I know a lot of people will probably say these FAQs about consolidation may not be true but thanks to Bioware's 'diligence and fantastic customer service' () this is the best we've got. Just in case any other Guildmasters wanted to know.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

soneil
06.04.2013 , 06:47 AM | #5553
Quote: Originally Posted by ingenuityfails View Post
I'm happy the transfers are finally coming in. And find it hilarious people are calling 250-300ms ping 'unplayable'. You've clearly been sheltered by Biowares generosity for too long. How many other popular MMO's do you know that have dedicated APAC servers?
I've said this on many occasions. Seem to be an awful lot of people trying to speak on behalf of everyone else. I know very few people in our guild who actually want to be forced to merge with other server types. Not real keen on moving servers of any type but better than playing on a server where you can play all evening and not get a group finder pop.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

zXBurntToastXz
06.04.2013 , 07:07 AM | #5554
Hahahaha, needed something like that to lighten my day, nice Carth

Satelerevan
06.04.2013 , 07:45 AM | #5555
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I know you have been waiting a bit for an update and I wanted to pop in and do exactly that. Starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will all be allowed a free one time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server. In the last update I gave I told all of you that we were expanding where your one-time transfer could go to include all NA-West servers. After seeing quite a few requests to expand it further, we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server. To reiterate, starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will be allowed a one-time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server to any other non-APAC server.

Thanks!

-eric
That sounds good and all Eric but we would also love the idea to have the ability for a whole guild transfer as well. Sure if we do have a US guild already formed up and ready to go we could jump in and reform it but I think you guys are missing a flexible feature that is important for guild leaders transferring our guild bank and members from one server to another.

I would recommend wavering this and allow us to rebuild our guilds for free with four guild tabs and take it from there. However I know that it might not happen but worth a try on asking instead of leaving people high and dry if we do end up putting the requests in the coming few days just to make it occur.
"What I am is not important, but my message is..."

JebusJM
06.04.2013 , 08:16 AM | #5556
So it's now June 5th and nothing has been said about transfers. I was hoping to put mine in before bed. Sigh.
Name: Jebord Esio
Class: Jedi Guardian
Level: 21

Koios
06.04.2013 , 08:19 AM | #5557
Quote: Originally Posted by JebusJM View Post
So it's now June 5th and nothing has been said about transfers. I was hoping to put mine in before bed. Sigh.
Same here, on the character transfer page :
"The character transfer service is currently unavailable."

Eric, when you said Tuesday June 4th for APAC transfers, did it occur to you that the players who are concerned by this actually live in APAC (Meaning at least UTC +8h)....
Squadron 238 - β tester

MystbladeWA
06.04.2013 , 08:27 AM | #5558
I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those moments when the poor sub lackey who was in charge of this thing wakes up in the morning with a start thinking "****! Thats what i forgot to do before i left work yesterday......"

Harbringer Server Bastion Server
Predator Legacy

sturgess
06.04.2013 , 08:31 AM | #5559
It's definitely after 0900 Texas time, too.
Explorer: 80% | Socializer: 67% | Achiever: 40% | Killer: 13%

Veerlo
06.04.2013 , 08:32 AM | #5560
Quote: Originally Posted by MystbladeWA View Post
I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those moments when the poor sub lackey who was in charge of this thing wakes up in the morning with a start thinking "****! Thats what i forgot to do before i left work yesterday......"

You sir get +1interwebs for making me laugh so hard.... That guy would totaly be me if it did happen!
The Ässamite Legacy: Prophecy of the Five
Veerlo 60 Sorc | Akiam 55 Sniper | Olreev 55 PT
Alcifema 60 Guardian | Mäika 30 Shadow | Alfema 25 Commando